Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1495851787729298680668 (resized).jpg
    Mugatu-So-Hot-Right-Now (resized).jpg
    20151128_224708 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2017-05-26 00.53.10 (resized).png
    WWII_test_03 (resized).jpg
    Cabinet art 1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pic1602641_md (resized).jpg
    saucer (resized).jpg
    German_Cross.svg (resized).png
    poster (resized).jpg
    602-inglourious-basterds (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

But everyone likes killing Nazis!

602-inglourious-basterds (resized).png602-inglourious-basterds (resized).png

poster (resized).jpgposter (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

Lots of WW2 themed items get by with the Iron Cross instead.... also you could limit that art to items that could be easily swapped out - Germany is the only country I know of that outright bans the swastika.

German_Cross.svg (resized).pngGerman_Cross.svg (resized).png

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And we are off on this tangent again...
    It's not about offending people, it's about what sells in pinball. And I can't think of a single successful war-themed pinball machine since they started using flippers.
    Can you?

Depends on how you define 'war'... MM & AFR certainly have elements of that theme, don't they?

#62 6 years ago

It wouldn't necessarily have to be as you describe it... all depends on the artwork and specific theme. If the right theme was made I could see this working.
    It's strange you respond like that because TWD, Rob Zombie, some others are all about blood and gore, aren't they?
    Sure, it's not a theme for everyone.... but what pin is?

#68 6 years ago

I don't think anyone is suggesting to put stacks of blown off limbs around little plastic landmines on the playfield. I don't think anyone is suggesting a photo-realistic depiction of the carnage of war.
    I think you are imagining this theme as only being done in one way - a gory bloodbath that would be similar to what i just illustrated. As i said several posts back, you can do this theme justice without necessarily delving into the 'true bloody horrors' of war.

Battle of Britain for example can focus on planes and dog fights - don't need to show bombed out civilians, right?

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but they are more scifi like.

How about defeating the 'Secret Weapons of the 3rd Reich'..... you could have flying saucers. lol

saucer (resized).jpgsaucer (resized).jpg

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from jk2171:

Castle Wolfenstein would be awesome!!

That would be awesome.....

#115 6 years ago

Racist commentary is not cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-a-ww2-pin-work?tu=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.