(Topic ID: 214044)

Would a Fireball Classic fit in an Eight Ball Cabinet?

By phil-lee

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Looking to find a solid cab to fit a Fireball Classic, an Eight Ball cab is available near me. Any input appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Why?? Cabinet wiring can vary greatly. I used to switch out playfields in my test strikes and spares cabinet all the time but it got to be a pain as the games got newer and the wiring became more complicated. You'll need to pull the cabinet schematics of both games and compare differences.

#3 6 years ago

My goal is to locate a cabinet, restore it and stencil it to install Fireball Classic components and eliminate the original MDB cabinet. I read somewhere the different cabinets that would work of this Era, just can't find it.

#4 6 years ago

You can do it if you find a cabinet from around that era. The problem would be the backbox dimensions are different and the glass will not fit right. 8 Ball, depending which version, is of a different era so, no I wouldn't attempt it. It might be better to just hold out and track down another FBC cabinet.

Also, check with the guys at TNT amusements. They often post videos of them trashing cabinets and stuff they no longer need.

#5 6 years ago

Bigal, I appreciate it,but you are missing key points. The original Fireball Classic cabinet I have is in great condition. Since this is a keeper, having a solid wood cabinet is the ultimate mod for these.
    I will search Pinside for the answer, but thanks!

#6 6 years ago

I don't think BigAl56 is the one missing key points. You are willing to reengineer an original Fireball Classic head in good condition just because you don't like the material from which it's constructed? Doesn't seem like a mod to me. More like insanity with touch of neurosis.

A classic Bally cabinet like Eight Ball will not work because your Fireball Classic backglass is a different size. You are just going to have to custom build a head, using the material of your choice. What is your definition of "solid wood". Are you looking for some of that plywood stuff? Just go metal+mdf like the newer Stern machines.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-a-fireball-classic-fit-in-an-eight-ball-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.