Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 10.09.24 PM.png
    cigar-zino-ny.jpg
    20140201_205851.jpg
    20140201_205624.jpg
    1508601_10152620820048677_1223311369_n.jpg
    BigChief1965.JPG
    IMG_4543.JPG
    IMG_4542.JPG
    There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

Im close to buying a 2000-2500 pin that is local to me, but I cant help but wonder if I should save the cash and go to texas with it. This will be my first time there, but I went to expo this last year and the prices were crazy. Does it seem like there are better deals at texas? I know there is suppose to be an auction this time around, so that could be interesting.

Mostly looking for past experiences to see if I should just wait it out. Im also pretty certain the game local to me will be available after Texas, but you never know.

#2 10 years ago

Nobody's going to really know the answer to this, because there haven't been literally hundreds of games for sale before. I don't know what FUNs prices will be, if they'll have crazy reserves on the games for "auction" or not, etc. I know what I want out of my two games that will be for sale, but if FUN shows up with 150 games that are cheap (which would be a shocker, IMO...) then it may kill a lot of private owner's sales. It's just impossible to tell until we have more info about the games for auction, quantity, reserves, etc....

#3 10 years ago

Frax, you are missing out on a chance to sell your Future Spa and Magic!

#4 10 years ago

People at the show are often willing to negotiate. That has been my experience as a buyer and seller at the TPF. I'm not worried about the FUN auction. Sellers may take a beating with the fees. If the FUN auction is ebay prices, they wont sell much to the show goers. They are more fixer up types of buyers. To be fair, I have no first hand knowledge of what FUN has planned. If they offer more low to mid range priced games, it could go very well. Especially if they have them available to play out on the floor before the auction.

I'm definitely bringing money to the show in hopes of finding something.

Good times!

#5 10 years ago

Highly unlikely you will find any bargains at this auction! Bidding by owner is allowed to establish low ceiling price, plus the buyers premium and sales tax. Fun's prices are cost restrictive. You are better off brokering a deal locally with no buyers premium and no sales tax. I have seen ridiculous sums paid for poor condition pins here at auctions in Texas.

#6 10 years ago

What about games just generally for sale on the floor, not at the auction per se?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

What about games just generally for sale on the floor, not at the auction per se?

Ya, im curious about this too.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Ya, im curious about this too.

All the Doctor Who's that were for sale on the floor last year sold within the first few hours of the show...I can tell you that much for sure, because I had three separate offers on mine...and it sold. I had a lowball offer for my Space Shuttle (with LEDs, custom topper, CPR playfield, everything completely rebuilt from the ground up mind you...) by some a-hole that wanted to pay like 1100$ for it. I told him to go pound dirt...

Said it before, will say it again...Magic and Future Spa will both be for sale at the show, if you're looking for early solid state.

#9 10 years ago

On the TPF floor is where deals can be haggled; especially on Sunday. One vendor, Elevation games (Marc Oradat), has reasonable prices on pins that can be negotiated. I have purchased a few items from Marc, such as an NOS Bally Rolling Stones playfield and 50's weight scale, in outstanding quality, with an agreeable price after negotiations. Good business practices and owner!

#10 10 years ago

I'll put it this way. I price my games at the show at prices that I can feel comfortable letting them go for.
    And with that being said, every game I've ever brought to the TPF that has been for sale....has sold.

So far I know I'm bringing a Gottlieb Mustang EM, price $850, very nice game, well taken care of over the years, shopped, new legs, works great.

Might bring Silverball Mania - Pretty good shape, shopped out. $850

Fully Restored Galaga Upright Multicade with LCD Monitor and trackball control panel $1400
    Fully restored Ms. Pac-Man cocktail multicade with LCD Monitor $1300

Might bring something else, just have to see how things play out.
    Bad Girls may be sold tomorrow. If it's not...it's coming to TPF also with a price tag on it.

#11 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^
    That silverball mania looked good - So tempting.

I'll be bringing a few and will put them at reasonable prices but if I have to bring them home that's ok.

2 weeks later
    #12 10 years ago

I will be at the fest and was also wondering about games for sale on the show floor. If anyone knows they are going to be selling, let me know what you have

#13 10 years ago

I have a HULK LE I am selling….

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Amarillopinball:

I will be at the fest and was also wondering about games for sale on the show floor. If anyone knows they are going to be selling, let me know what you have

Future Spa, Magic (Stern)

#15 10 years ago

Possible TPF for sale - loaded Tron ~6k, Target Alpha ~600, Big Brave (maybe... I'm finishing a complete overhaul and the price might be a make it sell price like ~800). Prices just ideas at this point.

#16 10 years ago

I'm planning on bringing a nice GNR to sale there unless someone wants to claim it prior to the festival, then I will probably just bring something else..

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Future Spa, Magic (Stern)

Dude, you're selling Future Spa? My world just turned upside down... You'll never own a game that cheesy again.

#18 10 years ago

I am going to bring a Dirty Harry and Haunted House or Slugfest.

#19 10 years ago

Bringing:

The Black Pyramid, new rollovers, drop targets, pop caps, excellent backglass, playfield pretty bad due to improperly pulled mylar. 100% working. Good starter machine. $600

Six Million Dollar Man, new drop targets, new pops top to bottom, Rottendog power board, 2bits CPU, newly painted cab due to structural repair. Excellent backglass, one chipped plastic. 100% working. $900

Big Chief, working project. $175-250 depending on if it's at the swap meet or on the show floor.

All reasonable offers considered. I do not need to bring these back home, but will if I have to. More pics and info available upon request.

IMG_4542.JPGIMG_4542.JPG
    IMG_4543.JPGIMG_4543.JPG
    BigChief1965.JPGBigChief1965.JPG

Post edited by Mk1Mod0: Edit to remove E/S.

#20 10 years ago

I have friends that have bought games in the last 3-4 years at TPF at fair prices for very nice examples. Sorcerer, BSD, STTNG, Jungle Lord, all right off the floor. Some of those deals were first thing, some as late as Saturday night. But you can never tell.

Sometimes the best thing is to have a deal set up prior to the show and just pick it up there. But someone has to have a game that you want for sale.

That said, I have an exceptional Pop A Card for $1200 I should be able to deliver to TPF if anyone is interested.

Mike O.

#21 10 years ago

I have a Black Spider-man I can deliver to TPF is anyone is interested.

#22 10 years ago

Looking for a Williams Comet if anyone has one FS...... Or at least a restored or restorable playfield for the Comet..

Also know of a No Good Gofers, That could be brought down if anyone is interested..... Also NIB HULK LE>

Nick.

#23 10 years ago

There has always been some nice games at the show for sale. Last year Mike from Vegas brought some great EM's that were really good prices if you like some of those titles. Especially Bow and Arrow.....

#24 10 years ago

There were good deals at last years show, I took home a WCS for $1700, claimed Sunday morning. There was also a decent JM for $1700, I recall a WH2O for $3400...

I would have loved to saved a good chunk of cash for the show but I had a change of plans and picked up a NIB, still plan on bringing some for anything else I may find.

#25 10 years ago

I have a nice LOTR with cointaker LEDs, the larger flipper coils, Stern's Balrog red LED conversion kit, speaker LED kit with gold ring inserts and a few other mods. I'm considering bringing it to TPF, but would rather make a deal in advance. PM me if interested. I live just south of Ranger's ballpark on the Arlington/Mansfield border.

SOLD to a Pinsider in the local area.

Post edited by txstargazer3: Pin sold.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have Stern's Balrog red LED conversion kit.

Where can I get that?

Quoted from txstargazer3:

I live just south of Ranger's ballpark on the Arlington/Mansfield border.

Next time I come over to see a game, It's on like Donkey Kong!
    (Yep, I just invited myself over... )

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Im close to buying a 2000-2500 pin that is local to me, but I cant help but wonder if I should save the cash and go to texas with it. This will be my first time there, but I went to expo this last year and the prices were crazy. Does it seem like there are better deals at texas? I know there is suppose to be an auction this time around, so that could be interesting.
    Mostly looking for past experiences to see if I should just wait it out. Im also pretty certain the game local to me will be available after Texas, but you never know.

A pin in hand is worth 2 in the bush

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Where can I get that?

Hi Nevus, my wife and I enjoyed having dinner with you and your son at last year's TPF. You're always welcome here!

The kit is Stern's Balrog LED Module SPI Kit Nr.: 502-5022-00. I got that part number right from Stern Customer Service and then ordered it from Marco Specialties. Sorry, but I forgot what it cost. It works great though.

Jim

#29 10 years ago

Thanks Jim

#30 10 years ago

You can see what's listed for the auction so far here: https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=74497

As for buying games at TPF, there are a few ways that could help you get a great deal:

Best: bring a game so you will have early access to the floor and the chance to see everything (and close a deal) before the doors even open

Decent: be there right when the doors open to the public, and go in with the intention of doing nothing but quickly covering as much floor space as you can, looking for deals before anyone else can get to them

Also decent: As time passes on Sunday, some of those who have been playing, partying, and standing all weekend will find it more attractive to accept your offer on a machine, than to go through the hassle of loading it back up and lugging it back home.

#32 10 years ago

Well I'm late to the party, but I'll be bringing a few pins to sell at the show and have a couple others for sale, but they may or may not get dragged to the show. I displayed games last year and kept getting offers so obviously people show up to look and buy.

$1500 Gorgar - great shape. Minor wear on playfield and minor knicks on backglass
    $1000 Silverball mania - perfect backglass, cabinet has some paint cleaned off (I'd repaint it if I kept it), playfield pretty nice with just a little wear around horseshoe
    $1400 Spy hunter - great shape. no real wear or backglass problems. some cabinet knicks

May or may not come depending how energetic I am...
    $1600 Jokerz - was there last year, has some playfield wear up top and some cabinet wear, but overall great shape and full of LEDs.
    $700 Dragon - working and looks nice with some wear around pop bumpers, some paint faded from backglass. May get gutted to get my Sinbad project going if I don't take it
    $1400 Bally Star Trek - great backglass, ok playfield with some wear and faded cabinet

All of these are 100% working with good rubbers, rebuilt flippers, new bulbs, etc. They are just games I'm clearing out of my collection because I probably won't restore them further and want some room.

Yeah I'd negotiate on price too, but have to start somewhere... I saw some worse examples sell for more last year...

I'd also trade towards a Twilight zone or TZ project...

Greg

#33 10 years ago

Who else is bringing/selling an Earthshaker? Wouldn't mind havin one! I will be bringing a few things just not quite sure exactly what yet though.

#34 10 years ago

Looking for a horse racing themed em, such as foto finish.

#35 10 years ago

Since we are posting wants here, would really like to find a WCS94 at TPF.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Since we are posting wants here, would really like to find a WCS94 at TPF.

If I have room I might drag a project WCS94 to the swap meet.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I'll be sure and look for you Saturday afternoon then. Soonest I can make it.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I want to know how much you want for it. That one's been on my want list for WAY too long, and unlike Space Station, I've actually played it..

#39 10 years ago

I'll outbid Frax by $5 on the WCS94

#40 10 years ago

If anyone has an F14 Tomcat for sale, please let me know. I hope to find one at TPF.

#41 10 years ago

If you do, I'll revoke the pretty labeled stogie offer.

#42 10 years ago

Have for sale:

1) Space Invaders pin:
    Think Space Invaders needs a kick-out to plunger solenoid replaced. Have to go check. Have a new playfield overlay for it (not yet installed), new popcaps, and new drop-targets (with actual space-invaders).

2) South Park pin.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from graystarsfan1:

If anyone has an f14 tomcat for sale, please let me know. I hope to find one at TPF.

I'll have a HUO example but I believe we have already spoke about it and you were looking for something more along the lines of a route machine.

#44 10 years ago

Last years show didn't have any good deals that I saw off hand. Sure had some great games though. Hopefully this year has more games for sale at decent prices.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I'll have a HUO example but I believe we have already spoke about it and you were looking for something more along the lines of a route machine.

Correct sir. Thank you for the reply back btw.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Last years show didn't have any good deals that I saw off hand. Sure had some great games though. Hopefully this year has more games for sale at decent prices.

yep. i don't plan on retiring on any of my sales. i'm basically happy to have them, then ready to let someone else enjoy so i can make space for next item in rotation

#47 10 years ago

Bringing the following of mine:
    TAF
    STTNG
    JP
    NASCAR
    Xmen LE Wolverine
    TOM
    NBAFB x 2 - plan to have them linked
    RFM - it's now a maybe....just got a motherboard issue, but think i've located a good used one if it needs replacing.
    WCS94 - I may replace RFM with WCS94 if the motherboard situation doesn't work out. May add WCS to the mix either way.

Also bringing 2 machines for a friend making his first trip to TPF, but doesn't have a good way to transport:
    BF
    SS

He's looking to sell or trade SS toward a like cosmetic condition TOTAN or MB if anyone is bringing one and willing to sell or trade.

all will be for sale.

#48 10 years ago

Looking for a Stern Dragonfist or Night Moves pin. Coming with a pretty nice Skateball backglass that is more than likely sold to a local Dallas collector.

1508601_10152620820048677_1223311369_n.jpg1508601_10152620820048677_1223311369_n.jpg 20140201_205624.jpg20140201_205624.jpg 20140201_205851.jpg20140201_205851.jpg
    #49 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

TigerLaw is am telling you "FREE" is just not going to happen...
    So, bring me your wallet...Just kidding are you going to be in at the show?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Big70:

Bringing the following of mine:
    TAF
    STTNG
    JP
    Nascar
    Xmen LE Wolverine
    TOM
    NBAFB x 2 - plan to have them linked
    RFM - it's now a maybe....just got a motherboard issue, but think i've located a good used one if it needs replacing.
    WCS94 - I may replace RFM with WCS94 if the motherboard situation doesn't work out. May add WCS to the mix either way.
    Also bringing 2 machines for a friend making his first trip to TPF, but doesn't have a good way to transport:
    BF
    SS
    He's looking to sell or trade SS toward a like cosmetic condition TOTAN or MB if anyone is bringing one and willing to sell or trade.
    all will be for sale.

We need to make a TRADE!

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worth-waiting-to-buy-pins-at-texas-pinball-fest/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.