(Topic ID: 42737)

Worth trading a Tron Pro + IM or ToM for a Tron LE?

By NJGecko

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

-hell-no-thumb.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

You know...I spent time last night playing and really realized how much I just LOVE Tron.
Was thinking on the possibility of finding an LE...but cash for what they are commanding just isnt there. Best I could think of would be either selling or trading two of my machines...
Was thinking IM + Tron Pro...or could sell ToM and Tron Pro....

What do you all think? I'm just pondering how much fun an LE would be since I just can't seem to get enough Tron...

Dunno....

Post edited by NJGecko : Had to throw ToM as an option

#2 11 years ago

Do you love TRON as an investment/collectible? Go for it....

If you love TRON as a pinball table then you're crazy, doesn't make sense to pay someone an IM just to add a few playable features to any table.

#3 11 years ago

People will think this is bullshit (because I own an LE, yadda yadda) but after spending a lot of time on an LE and then playing a pro on several occasions, there is just no comparison. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the pro but the LE is just in a different class of it's own.

It really comes down to personal preference but there's no denying you'd definitely fall in love with the LE. As far as current pin pricing and what you're offering for trade it seems to be pretty spot on with how the market is right now. If you decide to go for it, good luck with your search brutha!

#4 11 years ago

When I was selling my Tron LE, I would have traded my Tron LE for a Tron PRO + IM.

But the problem is that you will not find many Tron LE owners willing to make that trade. But there a few that would sell theirs, so my suggestion is to find a Tron LE for sale and contact the seller. Let them know your plans and see if he will work with you.

Make sure you have a Tron LE ready to buy before selling your own games.

Good luck!

Marcus

#5 11 years ago

Are your Tron and IM HUO? If so, are you original owner?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

This could get interesting....

#7 11 years ago

Hell no that trade is not worth it. I played a ton of the regular Tron Pro in Disney last year...and I have owned an LE since day one (I got in preorder). I found that the Pro was 99% as much fun as my LE. Not having the drops is not the end of the world...the moving recognizer...no big deal. i did wish there was Daft Punk multiball, but I can't justify the cost difference, especially giving up an IM (another game I love). The ONLY reason I don't dump my LE for a Pro + lots of cash is because I paid squat for it originally, so I don't have a ton invested...no reason to lose it (and I've tweaked it perfectly the way I like it with play and mods).

Though I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking a little bit about trading you a pair of games for it

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Are they minty?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Though I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking a little bit about trading you a pair of games for it

That is why I was asking. Especially since NJGecko is pretty close to me.

#10 11 years ago

I love my Tron, and have literally maybe a dozen games on an LE...and no matter how much the features add, it doesn't make it twice the game of the pro.

Because thats what we are looking at here in practical terms. Its beautiful, its a more complete pinball experience for sure. But is it twice the game when it comes down to it? Thats a decision every man should make for themselves. For me its not. I love my pro as-is.

#11 11 years ago

I don't think it's worth it. IM is such a great game. You'll miss it.

#12 11 years ago

No way! Keep Iron Man, and trade Pro + cash.

...when you get the cash. Wait for it.

#13 11 years ago

Hmm....ToM plus Tron Pro?

#14 11 years ago

Are the LE extras worth losing a great game? If the answer is yes, then do it.

#15 11 years ago

2 great games > one great game.
One thing I will say is when I had the le's I did not care for the drop targets as the ball would get stuck behind the N often.
IM is as good as Tron IMO.

#16 11 years ago

And for all of you folks asking (more than I thought!)
Probably more ready to part with ToM and Pro...but this is all just hypothetical

My Pro is a first run, 3d. Full LEDs, shaker, arcade mod, lit recognizer...
I'm the first owner, technically not HUO since it was unboxed at a dealer and on their floor for a few games (I got it with under 30 plays I think).

Just sayin.

#17 11 years ago

I just played Iron Man, no way would I trade Tron pro and IM for Tron le.

#18 11 years ago

Not me. I love my IM too much.

Post edited by Benaar : Typo: live -> love

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

My Pro is a first run, 3d. Full LEDs, shaker, arcade mod, lit recognizer...
I'm the first owner, technically not HUO since it was unboxed at a dealer and on their floor for a few games (I got it with under 30 plays I think).

With all those features in your pro + a nice ToM I think the Tron LE owner might be getting the better deal at that point. Shit, now I'm tempted cuz I would love another ToM, lol (if only shipping wasn't involved... damn)

#20 11 years ago

What, road trip?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

I live my IM too much.

Now THAT is dedication!

And to the OP question....

-hell-no-thumb.jpg-hell-no-thumb.jpg

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

What, road trip?

Haha! Coast to coast would be a bit intense

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Haha! Coast to coast would be a bit intense

2 for 1 NAVL! Buyer pays shipping! Do it!

#24 11 years ago

My opinion...
Post in this thread after you make the dea

l http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-buying-mistake-you-ever-made

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Hell no that trade is not worth it. I played a ton of the regular Tron Pro in Disney last year...and I have owned an LE since day one (I got in preorder). I found that the Pro was 99% as much fun as my LE. Not having the drops is not the end of the world...the moving recognizer...no big deal. i did wish there was Daft Punk multiball, but I can't justify the cost difference, especially giving up an IM (another game I love). The ONLY reason I don't dump my LE for a Pro + lots of cash is because I paid squat for it originally, so I don't have a ton invested...no reason to lose it (and I've tweaked it perfectly the way I like it with play and mods).

It's very refreshing to see this response from a LE owner, honest too.

#26 11 years ago

I traded away a mint HUO IM and a mint HUO Avatar LE to get a mint HUO Tron LE. It was worth it to me, but many people would think I got the short end of the stick. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is if you are happy with the trade.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

n. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the pro but the LE is just in a different class of it's own.

Tron LE is an experience like no other.

#28 11 years ago

tron le in rhode island for 11k with shaker motor, the tron 2.0 mod - sub, and i don't know if it has other mods as i have only seen and played my tron le that i traded for. haven't seen another to know if i have more mods.

actually never cared as i love it the way it is, but for 11k i sell it and get a regular one and use the cash for another game

thanks ed

#29 11 years ago

Whatever you do, just be sure to get rid of TOM. Game is a total snoozin' turd!

#30 11 years ago

Wow...how do you really feel?

#31 11 years ago

Do the ToM/Tron Pro trade. I'd keep IM

#32 11 years ago

You want Tom and Tron? As mentioned previously, 2 for 1 shipping from NAVL

#33 11 years ago

smassa, Do you really own three AC/DC's?

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

He has one his game room, one his bathroom for when he takes a turd, and one in his bedroom so he can sleep in and play on the weekends. He took the term, this game is "that good" to a new level

#35 11 years ago

IM is to much fun to give up for that.

#36 11 years ago

Man, some people have it good in life

#37 11 years ago

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For now yes. Soon to only have a BIB & Premium. LTBR to MN soon.

#40 11 years ago

I traded away my tron pro and xmen wolverine for my Tron LE. Yes it was worth it one of the best games in my collection over my dead body do I sell it.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I traded away my tron pro and xmen wolverine for my TRON LE. Yes it was worth it one of the best games in my collection over my dead body do I sell it.

And I was on the other end of that trade. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Love having the Xmen wolverine and the tron pro instead in the tron LE.

#42 11 years ago

No I won Michael and don't try and tell me you won!

#43 11 years ago

My personal opinion keep your pro wait for the Eli wire mod not really much difference with the extra 2k price the only thing you lack in gameplay wise is daft punk multiball and the drop bank targets the rest is the looks of the machine like
Fibre optic wire
Moving recognizer
Chrome
Plaque

So keep the pro and powdercoat it and you won't really get rid of 2 machines to get a upgraded one you already got

#45 11 years ago

I'm thinking TOM + the Tron PRO is fair trade.

I love Tron as well, but there is just not a chance I believe the others. I have played both the LE and the PRO. I favor the LE because of its extra 2 modes.

The Pro not having drop targets is a plus.

The Pro not having the ramps can be modded. The Pro not having the moving Rec and code sucks big time.

If us Pro owners got End of the Line Multiball and Daft Punk modes I would not complain or think the LE was that much better.

You are really paying for those 2 modes and the Rec. Everything else can be modded on the PRO

#46 11 years ago

Hank...definitely agree. If someone came alone and said they would swap me an LE for my Pro and ToM I think I'd be right in the car

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Hank...definitely agree. If someone came alone and said they would swap me an LE for my Pro and ToM I think I'd be right in the car

Was giving it some serious thought when it was IM+Tron but then you changed it to TOM

#48 11 years ago

Yea...I'm kind of digging the IM

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

When I was selling my TRON LE, I would have traded my TRON LE for a Tron PRO + IM.
But the problem is that you will not find many TRON LE owners willing to make that trade. But there a few that would sell theirs, so my suggestion is to find a TRON LE for sale and contact the seller. Let them know your plans and see if he will work with you.
Make sure you have a TRON LE ready to buy before selling your own games.
Good luck!
Marcus

I tried to cash out of Tron LE get a Pro and use the left over funds for another pin. Had I not played many games on Tron LE I believe I could have lived with a Pro as it is such a great game but LE is still better to me. Its just feels better and I noticed scratches on the playfield with the Pro that was never on the LE. I was happy to get the Tron LE and even paided a little more to get a LE back from AZ as I realized I made a mistake. I like the look of the chrome on the LE plus the moving recognizer synched with lights is another often overlooked effect. I was afraid to take Tron LE to the show as I was sure I get an offer to sell that might be tempting so dont take it and you dont have to worry about it. IM is fun plus TOM is so pretty as I own both of them.

#50 11 years ago

Hells no.. not a chance. I think the LE is great, but a couple of extra modes and some ramp lighting isn't worth $5k to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worth-trading-a-tron-pro-im-for-a-tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.