30 days ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by ag90IL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 30 days ago

Before I continue this post, I want to say I am a Williams fanboy and not ashamed of it, especially their DMD & Pinball 2000 era games. I think they made great games that hold up to anything made today. So this is not a Williams bashing in any way.

That said, after Pinball Expo and Pinball Life Explosion the past couple of days, I have to say, Popeye has to be the worst Williams DMD game of all of them. And that's sad because I really like the theme. But the layout is terrible. You can't aim at anything, you don't even know what's on half the playfield.

So, let's hear from you, which Bally/Williams DMD game do you think is the worst? And if you're a Williams hater in general, just skip replying all together. But otherwise, I am interested in hearing which game do you think is a real clunker and why.

Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
    joemagiera@ameritech.net

#2 30 days ago

Like you said, a majority of their games are awesome so hard to pick one that sucks. But for me, Gilligans island is just bad. I do like the jungle run mech, but the rules, theme, and rest of the Playfield is just not very good

#3 30 days ago

Not a fan of popeye, party zone ,hurricane or gilligan's island. But popeye probably is the worst ....

#4 30 days ago

Gilligan's Island is worse, IMO. But since apparently no one at all wanted to make Popeye, not a lot of thought was put into it

#6 30 days ago

Popeye and Gilligan's Island are turd 1 and 2. Hurricane isn't great either, but at least it has some history and is the 3rd in the series.

#7 30 days ago

Poop-eye gets my vote

#8 29 days ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Not a fan of popeye, party zone ,hurricane or gilligan's island. But popeye probably is the worst ....

Kind of the Mount Rushmore of bad for BW right there, with Popeye deserving it's dominate place!

#9 29 days ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Kind of the Mount Rushmore of bad for BW right there, with Popeye deserving it's dominate place!

Yeah it’s not the greatest, but I just bought one , it’s mint .$1200 I felt sorry
    For it !

#10 29 days ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Yeah it’s not the greatest, but I just bought one , it’s mint .$1200 I felt sorry
    For it !

So sorry that you're already selling it? LOL

Chris

#11 29 days ago

that popeye at the show had multiple problems, maybe play one that actually works correctly before judging so harshly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.95
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 999.00
    $ 149.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    £ 58.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside