Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Kneissl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

Rollergames - not bad integration or even a bad theme to pick for pinball, but pretty weird that it's a license at all. Late 80s TV show that ran for one season.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

But roller derby was popular for around 20 years while I was growing up in the 70's and 80's. Nothing like wrestling but still has a nostegic factor for me. I think it was mainly popular in the northeast.

Roller Derby is still pretty popular - there are something like 400+ active leagues in the Women's Flat Track Derby association right now. Austin gets pretty big crowds out to both the flat track and banked track derby during the season. I also think derby is a great theme for pinball.

I just thought it was weird that *any* show that only ran for one season before being cancelled got licensed. Compare that to say, Gilligan's Island, Twilight Zone, X-Files, Stargate, Star Trek, etc. These are all multi-season and even multi-series shows with some movies sprinkled in. I guess Firefly would be an exception to a one-season TV theme that it seems like people would be into, but that's a pretty unique example.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from RichmanBri:

Is this true? Oh man, a Zelda pin is an incredible melding of my couch gaming and my standing upright gaming! hahaha

They did mention on the most recent PAPAtv broadcast that gladiators was intended to be Zelda-themed. Makes sense with the pyramids, bosses, and weapon collecting. I feel like I've heard that somewhere else as well.

You would think video game integration would be awesome, but Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man and Baby Pac-Man are... meh. Haven't played Q*Bert's Quest. Gladiators looks like a fun game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-trendy-pinball-licenses?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.