5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Kneissl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

that Stern Rolling Stones.......meh!!!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That movie is a cult classic. It was so good it spun off three or four horrendous sequels and several decent cartoons. It is not in the same ballpark as some of the others mentioned here in my opinion.

I could be swayed either way. I lump it in with movies like Demolition Man. I see Demolition man on TV all the time.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The year Rolling Stones was put out they were the largest grossing tour more relevant then a flash in the pan WPT

WPT events have been strong for 15 years straight (not as strong as in 2003-09 but still a force in the gambling world)...not exactly a flash in the pan...

#54 5 years ago

I always thought that campy "Tank Girl" movie deserved a pin. It fits right in with Barb Wire, Demo Man, and JM

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No Fear is a great example!
To really qualify, the theme should have no relevance in present day.

I dunno, a car, motorcycle, extreme sports theme holds up a lot better for me than something like CSI, cutesy stuff like Shrek and even new stuff like WOZ. WOZ is surely the superior game, but it sure as hell doesn't resonate with me.

Any of the basketball games or World Cup Soccer with that stupid dog are a few that I'd absolutely hate to look at on a daily basis.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big Hurt and Shaq Attack are No 1 and No 2 in this department.

Yeah, it's hard to believe there is a pin called Shaq Attack, and Jordan had to do a retheme to get his own title.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

WPT events have been strong for 15 years straight (not as strong as in 2003-09 but still a force in the gambling world)...not exactly a flash in the pan...

Last year player of the year Mukul Pahuja A house hold name

#58 5 years ago

Slanderous!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Anything based on a current movie of the time, that didn't become a classic like say, T2 did.
Congo
Johnny Mnemonic
Twister
Demolition Man
Flintstones (should have been the cartoon)
Waterworld
etc

I don't think they were looking to choose movies that would be popular 15 years after the pin was released. The idea was to tie into the summer or particular season that the film came out. All of those films you have listed had large budgets and large marketing campaigns.

#60 5 years ago

Street Fighter. Lets make a pin based on a fighting game.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't think they were looking to choose movies that would be popular 15 years after the pin was released. The idea was to tie into the summer or particular season that the film came out. All of those films you have listed had large budgets and large marketing campaigns.

Exactly, they were trendy at the time and are now fairly obscure

#62 5 years ago

I'd go with Rescue 911. I find that odd for a theme.
Caveat: I've never played it, so maybe the theme and pin are awesome?

#63 5 years ago

Although Taxi itself isn't licensed, after already releasing (200?) games changing Marilyn Monroe to Lola because worries of lawsuits. Why didn't they get permission from her estate before developing and releasing the game?

Batman being changed to non-licensed Police Force.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Although Taxi itself isn't licensed, after already releasing (200?) games changing Marilyn Monroe to Lola because worries of lawsuits. Why didn't they get permission from her estate before developing and releasing the game?
Batman being changed to non-licensed Police Force.

I would argue that Lola is more to the Taxi theme than Marilyn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside