Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

troll (resized).jpg
TradeWinds (resized).jpg

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

GBLE, I have to admit is more or a drain monster than my TWDLE. I refused to mod either one to make them easier. As a result, it has made me a better player. Even on location, it didn't bother me. I'll continually shove dollars down its slots without hesitation.

I'm drawn to games that people feel are next to impossible. That's just me: gluten for punishment. Ultimately, I did love my walking dead whereas with GBLE I'm still deciding whether or not I'm going to keep it. So far I have 350 games on it personally (400 or so total plays). If I don't feel that chemistry like I did with my TWDLE by then, I'll probably swap it out.

At the end of the day, the cheap drains don't bother me the slightest. It's a game that's DESIGNED TO KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY! Lest we forget, they're made to be put to work

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's a game that's DESIGNED TO KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY! Lest we forget, they're made to be put to work

Nah, they're designed to be fun. Challenging ass-kicking, like Iron Man, is fun. Cheap and repetitive, is not.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I hear what you mean, happens to me on that game too. But I put that drain on me, not the game. If you don't hit a smooth ramp shot, it's not the game's fault. That's just bad shot making.

That would be true if the ramp shot was smooth. It is not very clunky at times even we'll hit shot will shake back down. IMO that shot was a poor design.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

the cheap drains don't bother me the slightest. It's a game that's DESIGNED TO KICK YOUR ASS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!

This statement is internally inconsistent. A cheap drain is NOT kicking your ass.
Kicking your ass is when you don't hit a ramp cleanly and the ball rolls back down and SDTM. Suck it, you should have made the ramp. Kicking your ass is when the ball hits the slings once, twice, three times then straight across to an outlane. Suck it, stay away from the slings.
Ball hops over a flipper, bullshit. Ball jumps a lane guide, bullshit. Magnet stops a ball on a perfectly fine trajectory and drops it down the chute, bullshit.
If I can avoid it, fine, punish me for it. Punish me for something I can't avoid? Then fck you, you're for sale.

#105 7 years ago

I spent some good time today on a GB premium and the flipper gap is noticeably big. However, SDTM was not a problem for me. I read one person list DW as one of the worst, so maybe I have taken the abuse on that pin, which is the only one I have ever owned, as normal. For me I saw way more SDTM today from TWD and GOT. My problem with GB was the left outlines set to middle setting.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This statement is internally inconsistent. A cheap drain is NOT kicking your ass.
Kicking your ass is when you don't hit a ramp cleanly and the ball rolls back down and SDTM. Suck it, you should have made the ramp. Kicking your ass is when the ball hits the slings once, twice, three times then straight across to an outlane. Suck it, stay away from the slings.
Ball hops over a flipper, bullshit. Ball jumps a lane guide, bullshit. Magnet stops a ball on a perfectly fine trajectory and drops it down the chute, bullshit.
If I can avoid it, fine, punish me for it. Punish me for something I can't avoid? Then fck you, you're for sale.

Well said. I agree with all of this.

2 weeks later
#107 7 years ago

#avatar out of the pops with a touchy tilt bob. Such a bummer.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=306
A good tip for STTNG - if the ball is coming toward the top of the right sling, give the game a "forward nudge"...the ball will almost always bounce up and ricochet off the yellow targets, avoiding the outlane completely.

Lane extenders installed last weekend thanks again, what a difference. First game up with them I posted an all time new record for me (9.8b, previous 7.7). I really was hoping to crack 10 but it wasn't meant to be... Thank you Mr. Data.

mittens

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess you could call these cheap drains, as I only paid $600 for it.

GBSLE out lanes?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-titles-for-bs-cheap-drains/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.