(Topic ID: 46864)

Worst Possible Pinball Theme

By AdamTheGamer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mmtc.jpg
    hard2find3.jpg
    they-call-me-baba-booey_300x430.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    Backglass.jpg
    guy.jpg
    00593111-374563_catl_500.jpg
    pink-flamingos-movie-poster-1972-10201.jpg
    dr-oz-01-1011-298x232.jpg
    dr.-phil-2-272x300.jpg
    Mr.Circuit_1992.jpg
    Elements.jpg
    ip.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamthegamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I don't know if this has been done before, but it seems like a fun idea.

What's a pinball theme that wouldn't work at all.

It could be a theme that is too out of place for pinball.
    It could be a theme that is too controversial/depressing for arcades.
    It could be a theme that would leave designers no room to make an interesting design?

I would say...
    "Silent Movie" theme (look at the Dot Matrix for every call-out!)
    "Spoof Movie" Pinball" (Based on movies like "Epic Movie" "Disaster Movie" etc, etc)
    "RPG" Pinball (Lots of text, a LONG beautiful story, made for 50+ hour plays!)
    "Battletoads" (Every arcade would get tons of prank calls, "Do you have it?")
    "Schindler's List" (For obvious reasons)
    "Two and a Half Men" (A sitcom pin, ugh)
    "Nickelback" (After AC/DC and Metallica, this outta be a success!)
    "Educate-pin" (Learn something while you play with balls)

I could probably come up with more, but I want to hear what you guys come up with. Best ones get a thumbs-up from me!

#3 11 years ago

I actually can't wait for WOZ, movie is one of my favorites.

It's not for everybody, though!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

LOL, that didn't take long to come up (second post)
    I think any boy band music theme would be awful. Also any pin theme that has Tom Cruise...terrible

Totally agree. I hate Tom Cruise's acting! He seems like a weird guy in real life, too!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

If JJP's first game was anything other than Wizard of Oz, I would probably be in. But the theme just doesn't do it for me.

I understand entirely. Hopefully it's one of those games that is so good you can get past the license. Johnny Mnemonic is one of my least favorite movies, but the pin is still one of my favorites.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Justin Bieber, Sex in the City, Dirty Dancing

A "Sex in the City" pin could destroy the entire pinball industry.

Plus, Sarah Jessica Parker kind of looks like a horse. Sorry, had to say it.

#73 11 years ago

My favorites so far

Scientology (I bet that one would have a "cult" following)

Salo (I can't believe other people remember that horrible movie, but then again, how could you forget! I guess it would be as disturbing as "A Serbian Pin")

The Legacy Of The Phillips CDi (Used to own one, the best game was The Apprentice, fun kids game, but had several secret codes that showed naked women!)

Me and the Chimp! (That made me laugh, big time)

People giving me a hard time about Battletoads- I LOVE Battletoads, and I think a pin would be cool, but it would probably drive arcades out of business because of the excessive amount of calls asking if they have it!

Octomom- (I love the comment about how multi-ball would start! How would you get a jackpot? By putting a ball back in?!)

Periodic Table Of Elements- (Maybe If 'Co'mb'I'ned with s'O'mething like a mad scientist, I 'CO'uld 'Se'e this working 'O'ut. Taking advantage of the element 'Na'mes in words like the 'BR'eaking 'BA'd credits.)

It's Pat!- (The players can't tell if Pat is a boy or a girl, or if it's fun or not, but they're leaning on one or the other)

C-SPAN-(Popular in retirement homes and prisons)

Saturday Night Live-(Some of the shots are great! Most of them flop, though)

Jay Leno-(It used to be a Conan O' Brian pin)

Chelsea Handler-(Makes every player wish it they were playing Aaron Spelling)

Dingo Vs. Baby (Whoever wins, we lose!)

Bob Barker's Sprayed And Neutered (The "Drew Carrey" mods aren't selling too well)

Keep em' coming!

I am sorry to see that this has been done before. I searched it up, but didn't find anything. I apologize for duplicating a thread.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Barbara Streisand

2 Ball Multiball- Lock the balls in her nose.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamthegamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-possible-pinball-theme?tu=adamthegamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.