(Topic ID: 321818)

Worst playfield design decision in modern pinball?

By westofrome

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220912_220546 (resized).jpg
    unknown (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    elmo-shrug.gif
    29D6501D-AEB9-4D67-AD11-9CDDD0442059 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vikingerik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago

Nobody mentioned the entire playfield on Houdini yet? Every single shot is both impossibly narrow and at a weird off-kilter angle somehow.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

you just suck at pinball then?

I've scored a million on the one at the Richmond collective (you're from Richmond) and won my games on it in tournaments, so I can play Houdini. At least it doesn't give many dangerous rebounds, so every time I'm trying to hit the narrow shots is a matter of missing and catching and trying again four or five times.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

One game I think about in terms of good playfield design is Attack From Mars.
    The big risk/reward shots here are the middle target bank, and the drop behind it.

This is AFM's big secret: The saucer is off-center. By less than an inch, but it makes all the critical difference, so that rebounds out of that area go to the right flipper far more often than SDTM.

AFM's big problem tends to be when the Stroke of Luck scoop is badly adjusted and fires SDTM, though of course any competent operator will fix that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vikingerik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-playfield-design-decision-in-modern-pinball?tu=vikingerik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.