(Topic ID: 321818)

Worst playfield design decision in modern pinball?

By westofrome

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220912_220546 (resized).jpg
    unknown (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    elmo-shrug.gif
    29D6501D-AEB9-4D67-AD11-9CDDD0442059 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Just talked to a top 200 player who regularly competes on WD and didn't know this.

I don't think it is necessarily coded into the game. When the SDTM from the magnet conversation comes up there are a few people that believe hitting the flippers changes how the magnet reacts and moves the ball in different directions. People have also said rotating the magnet changes the direction the ball will be thrown to eliminate the SDTM. When I owned the game I tried them all and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I really liked the game, but there were 2 or 3 things that frustrated me so much (3 drop targets on the left that wouldn't always go down when hit) I had to get rid of it before I took a sledge hammer to it.

#121 1 year ago

Magic Girl

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

Admittable, I've never played it, but I always thought Magic Girl looked like a pretty design game from a playfield design standpoint. Why is that your go to in terms of bad design?

No shooter lane groove
    Shots that go to nowhere
    Areas of the playfield that a ball can't get too
    The game is unplayable, for the most part, when it was first shipped.

I'm sure there are more, but the fact it doesn't have a shooter lane groove is one of the most obvious issues.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-playfield-design-decision-in-modern-pinball?tu=monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.