THIS! (resized).jpg
image-11 (resized).jpg
69e98bdf9d3a34b3bcd6128630fb45d0b9822627 (resized).png
rust2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
2A6CAD0C-FE46-425E-8535-8FE978C39121 (resized).png
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Probably the gayest looking translite of all time with the guy in a wig and stockings. The audio in the game is fucking awful, playfield too dark and based on a shitty movie.

Idk, I think you’re forgetting some others

6D7CBD3D-DF3A-44F8-A334-7AA8951AEBB7 (resized).jpeg6D7CBD3D-DF3A-44F8-A334-7AA8951AEBB7 (resized).jpeg
#152 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I had one in my Data East Collection for some time and enjoyed it while it was here.
Bottom of the barrel for me as far as Data East goes (so far) is Hook.
Here less then a month, something about it just irritated me for some reason.

I think it's the fact that the only satisfying shot in the game is in the Windcoaster. Even the lock shot doesn't feel good to hit. And you need to hit the stand ups to start the locks, which aren't fun at all, the angles are all off.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

You can have a great pin with a bad movie, see Last Action Hero. [quoted image]

Last Action Hero is an awesome movie. It was considered a bomb/bad movie when it came out, but nowadays people "get it" and its fuckin sweet. Is it one of Arnold's best? No. But its toward the top of the next tier after that. Awesome fun movie. If you think its bad, I really suggest watching it again knowing what they were going for. The marketing at the time made it seem like yet another summer action blockbuster when in reality it was parodying that very thing. Also I'm mad that people have realized LAH is also a great pinball machine because its a little too pricey for my tastes these days. Anyway, thats my Last Action Hero rant...

#154 1 year ago

Oh yeah, I remember the specific awful call out in Hook. That kid making a rooster call.

Holy shit, gets on my nerves.

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Last Action Hero is an awesome movie. It was considered a bomb/bad movie when it came out, but nowadays people "get it" and its fuckin sweet. Is it one of Arnold's best? No. But its toward the top of the next tier after that. Awesome fun movie. If you think its bad, I really suggest watching it again knowing what they were going for. The marketing at the time made it seem like yet another summer action blockbuster when in reality it was parodying that very thing. Also I'm mad that people have realized LAH is also a great pinball machine because its a little too pricey for my tastes these days. Anyway, thats my Last Action Hero rant...

Some historical revision going on here!

1) It was suppose to be a blockbuster, so much so advertising was purchased on the side of a rocket!

2) The movie was intended to parody action films and one action film writer in particular and the studio meddling was so bad... by the time the script was "completed" the very writer they were roasting in the film was brought in to finish it.

To make matters worse it opened against Jurassic Park.

3) Huge Arnold fan during this time period; I saw LAH in a live theater and just watched it again a year ago. It was bad then and still just as bad now. Charles Dance is the only bright spot in the whole film along with the pin we are discussing.

The Hamlet short was pretty damn funny though.
rocket (resized).jpegrocket (resized).jpeg

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Some historical revision going on here!
1) It was suppose to be a blockbuster, so much so advertising was purchased on the side of a rocket!
2) The movie was intended to parody action films and one action film writer in particular and the studio meddling was so bad... by the time the script was "completed" the very writer they were roasting in the film was brought in to finish it.
To make matters worse it opened against Jurassic Park.
3) Huge Arnold fan during this time period; I saw LAH in a live theater and just watched it again a year ago. It was bad then and still just as bad now. Charles Dance is the only bright spot in the whole film along with the pin we are discussing.
The Hamlet short was pretty damn funny though.
[quoted image]

I saw it in the theater too. Didn't like it one bit. Its awesome now. No its not total recall or terminator 1 or 2, or even predator, but its fuckin awesome. You're entitled to your opinion, but theres a reason that its pretty widely considered to be a good movie today

#157 1 year ago

It has Whiskers in it; so there's that!

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I saw it in the theater too. Didn't like it one bit. Its awesome now. No its not total recall or terminator 1 or 2, or even predator, but its fuckin awesome. You're entitled to your opinion, but theres a reason that its pretty widely considered to be a good movie today

As you say, you are entitled to your opinion.

Screenshot from 2022-06-23 13-15-02 (resized).jpgScreenshot from 2022-06-23 13-15-02 (resized).jpg
#160 1 year ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Considering what happened with Gladiators it's probably safe to assume Gottlieb wasn't very good at handling licenses.
They had the rights to make a Legend of Zelda pin, designed a Legend of Zelda pin, then got the opportunity to license an American Gladiators theme, so they decided to drop LoZ and slap the AG theme onto that game. Then the AG deal fell through and they weren't able to get LoZ back either. End result was the generic Gladiators game.
I have no idea how popular American Gladiators was at the time, so I don't know which would have been the better theme from a marketing standpoint, but since they had already designed the game around LoZ they should have stayed locked in on that. Switching the theme mid-production was never going to end well.

I honestly think Zelda would have held up well, especially now as more Millennials age and enter the real earning years of their careers.

American Gladiators was all hype for like, a month. Once the novelty wore off, ratings nosedived.

Really unfair to the designers to change the theme, especially considering Gottlieb developers had a fraction of the time their colleagues at Bally/WMS had to push a game out. Here, Gottlieb management did it TWICE!

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

As you say, you are entitled to your opinion. [quoted image]

Yeah the same place has higher audience scores for the transformers sequels. I'll take RT with a grain of salt

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah the same place has higher audience scores for the transformers sequels. I'll take RT with a grain of salt

Transformers, like one of the highest grossing franchises of all time?!
Crazy world.

#163 1 year ago

Pulled this from another Worst Thread worth seeing again....Arron Spelling *Added: It's not in our database either.

8fd23b3bb425b87af269ca047dc4a38919b4fe57 (resized).jpg8fd23b3bb425b87af269ca047dc4a38919b4fe57 (resized).jpg

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Transformers, like one of the highest grossing franchises of all time?!
Crazy world.

Good point I guess, what a movie makes in the box office directly correlates to it being good or not.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Good point I guess, what a movie makes in the box office directly correlates to it being good or not.

Not necessarily but it is ONE metric.

I love Blade Runner, it didn't do that well in the initial release but picked up steam after.

A lot of great movies came out at the same time such as The Thing, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Conan the Barbarian and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

A Blade Runner pin would be intriguing, don't see it happening though.

#166 1 year ago

About Mr. Game's pinballs, maybe they seem good, especially the Toni Ramunni's artwork, but these games have very bad video modes which similar to Caveman and Granny and the Gators. For example, in Dakar machine rides too slow:

Mac Attack represents a bad clone of Capcom's platform games likes Mega Man and Bionic Commando:

World Cup is even worse than Flipper Football:

#167 1 year ago

Spy Hunter is notorious for its inconvenient playfield (the flippers are located on the right, not in the middle, as in Gold Wings, only there was also an additional flipper) and that multiplier lane sequence with 9 sensors. Saturn 2 had similar playfield (this game is conversion of Spy Hunter, but with X's & O's sounds). That bad multiplier lane sequence was in Future Queen, as i said.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I've just never understood it. Everyone hates the movies, yet they keep making them, and they make a shitload of cash.

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've just never understood it. Everyone hates the movies, yet they keep making them, and they make a shitload of cash.

Exactly. Too bad it took until BumbleBee to make one with a good story.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not necessarily but it is ONE metric.
I love Blade Runner, it didn't do that well in the initial release but picked up steam after.
A lot of great movies came out at the same time such as The Thing, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Conan the Barbarian and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
A Blade Runner pin would be intriguing, don't see it happening though.

I know, I was being a sarcastic jerk.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't really get it either. Kids? A big spectacle movie that only the theater experience can do proper? I have no idea either. Maybe theres just no shortage of people who just want to switch their brains off (or they were never switched on in the first place) and see things go boom, but theres way better movies for that too. I saw bad boys 2 in the theater 5 times, so what do I know? Bad Boys 2 rules btw

#171 1 year ago

If this thread title was 'Worst Pinballs to make operators money', hands down it would be South Park

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

If this thread title was 'Worst Pinballs to make operators money', hands down it would be South Park

I've heard Halloween does very well on location also.

#173 1 year ago

IMO, sound effects from Atari's Hercules so vomitous.

#174 1 year ago

Just stopped in to say everyone trashing Gold Wings is straight up wrong. It's the best 80B machine imo.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Just stopped in to say everyone trashing Gold Wings is straight up wrong. It's the best 80B machine imo.

Its in the top 3 for sure.

20190323_220347_resized (resized).jpg20190323_220347_resized (resized).jpg
#176 1 year ago

Just read the first post and need to catch up. I thought these was going to be who makes the worst pinballs, not worst machine. This should be interesting.

#177 1 year ago

About Rolling Stones, Bally version looks lackluster and music pieces sounds bland. But Stern version is very annoying.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

About Rolling Stones, Bally version looks lackluster and music pieces sounds bland. But Stern version is very annoying. And also flat.

There's NOTHING flat about a 3D molded tongue and lips over a ramp!

It's downright bulbous!

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's NOTHING flat about a 3D molded tongue and lips over a ramp!

Aaah! You right.

About annoyance, the most annoying part in this game - is moving Mick Tylers target.

#180 1 year ago

I know it's no masterpiece but I like playing Stones, and it's not just cause I like the Stones.

Nowhere near "worst ever" on that one!

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

... is moving Mick Tylers target.

Weird to say this is the first time I've ever heard this.

#182 1 year ago

I think he mixed up Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler? Or is Mick Taylor in that pin?

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from shimmydisc:

Or is Mick Taylor in that pin?

Only in a few of the songs (Happy, Only Rock n Roll come to mind)

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Its in the top 3 for sure.
[quoted image]

It's trendy in pinball to trash Gottlieb. Have a podcast, if you say you like Williams/Bally and sit on on your rear and trash Gottlieb, it is instant popularity.

Look at the top 100 machines, in the few exceptions, Gottlieb has never stayed top 100 they hover around 112 to 113 and down.

Ron Hallet said everyone wanted variety they had it, was Gottlieb/Premier. People stuck their nose up at them and passed.

Now the expectation of remakes it only going to 90s Bally/Williams, forget Gottlieb/Premier, just remake W/B and the rest be trashed and forgotten.

NBA fastbreak, metal toilet bowl in the middle of the playfeild vs shaq attack with actual moving basket but according to pinside it's the best thing since sliced bread.

#185 1 year ago

That flipper layout is different than what was already out there though. tell me a Williams game that was bold enough to even breakout of the bottom flipper formula.

#186 1 year ago

The great whale pinball

#187 1 year ago

Oh BAD games? I can tell you about some bad games.
Gillian’s Island is downright awful, and might be hands down the most lop sided scoring ever put into a game.
Get the rope, 300k, the seltzer, 500k, collect all this junk worth literally peanuts, along with any and everything else on the playfield.
Shoot Kona for 50 million!
Dumb.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Gillian’s Island is downright awful, and might be hands down the most lop sided scoring ever put into a game.
Get the rope, 300k, the seltzer, 500k, collect all this junk worth literally peanuts, along with any and everything else on the playfield.
Dumb.

Sounds fun for me!
Its all about the high score and arguably the most amazing toy in pinball with an island that turns changing the balls pathway BRILLIANT!
Then again, I am biased

#189 1 year ago

Dumb.

A lot of games from that time had similar scoring. T2, Bride of Pinbot, most system 11s with progressive jackpots(cyclone, taxi, big guns,etc.)

Games like Game Show or Gilligan would never make it into my keepers, but if I was out on location or at someone's home and got a chance to play a few games I would be all over them. I was never a fan of DE Time Machine but got a chance to play one not long ago and loved it. To me a bad game is one you just have no desire to play, look at, or even want to hear it. Hook is definingly in that category for me. Nightmare on Elm Street is another. I had a Freddy here last year to shop out and the worst part of the job was playing it to make sure everything was good.

#190 1 year ago

Jacks to open is hot trash. Not fun whatsoever.
Wheel of fortunes code is literally a brick wall.
Bally lost world- awful

Quoted from freeplay3:

A lot of games from that time had similar scoring. T2, Bride of Pinbot, most system 11s with progressive jackpots(cyclone, taxi, big guns,etc.)
Games like Game Show or Gilligan would never make it into my keepers, but if I was out on location or at someone's home and got a chance to play a few games I would be all over them. I was never a fan of DE Time Machine but got a chance to play one not long ago and loved it. To me a bad game is one you just have no desire to play, look at, or even want to hear it. Hook is definingly in that category for me. Nightmare on Elm Street is another. I had a Freddy here last year to shop out and the worst part of the job was playing it to make sure everything was good.

T2 is not similar at all. Yes it had some big super jackpots, but you could get some good points elsewhere with looping and payback time, the scoring works in T2.
And Hook with new Chad code makes that game pretty fun now.

#191 1 year ago

My worst game so far was SWEP 1
I was aware of the bad rating but gave it a try as the price was ok
It was annoying-sold to a friend who likes it more...

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from harig:

That’s an underrated game. The scoring is very balanced, the modes are fun, it’s unique as hell, and a battle to keep the ball in play long enough to get to Jedi spirit is not easy. Multiballs are also a hoot. There’s way more good than bad in swe1.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from harig:

That’s an underrated game. The scoring is very balanced, the modes are fun, it’s unique as hell, and a battle to keep the ball in play long enough to get to Jedi spirit is not easy. Multiballs are also a hoot. There’s way more good than bad in swe1.

Ep1 sucks. One of the most boring games I ever played.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

As I recall a lot of the hate for Transformers stemmed from the Robots not looking like people remember from the old cartoons. I think the first couple movies were fine, personally.

I'm trying to think of the pins I've played that I've actually hated, I can't recall what I disliked when I played pinball as a child. I will say it's generally hard for me to play any of the old, classic, pinballs, before all the fancy screens and ramps and such, but it's probably not fair to name them, since it's just a factor of the era.

As far as modern pins, that I've played in the past few years, and I haven't played a lot of them, the lower playfield on Munsters LE was about the worst thing I experienced.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

As I recall a lot of the hate for Transformers stemmed from the Robots not looking like people remember from the old cartoons...

PLenty of other hate to go around...oh man that LE "upper playfield;" worst add on ever.

#196 1 year ago

Dumb.

Scoring is whack as you say, shots and general layout didn't age too well...
However, theme integration, toys and callouts are great ("Nice Coconuts"). The latter pulls it out of the hate/worst bin for me..

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

It's trendy in pinball to trash Gottlieb. Have a podcast, if you say you like Williams/Bally and sit on on your rear and trash Gottlieb, it is instant popularity.

My biggest complaint with Gottlieb were the flipper mechs. Way too much travel. They created an enormous valley when held; you could trap anything at almost any speed. And they were basically on or off. Very hard to get subtle post passes, etc.

That said, Stargate was a true sleeper. The best Gottlieb game of the 90s and a great treatment of the theme. It deserves a better rating than the ~120 it has here. Top 100 for sure.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I remember going to a location that had SP and MB next to each other, there were no other pins. I put a lot more money into SP.

#199 1 year ago

Man SP was pure shit when it came out.

#200 1 year ago

How many pinballs left in Ukraine Igor?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinballs-ever/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.