THIS! (resized).jpg
image-11 (resized).jpg
69e98bdf9d3a34b3bcd6128630fb45d0b9822627 (resized).png
rust2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
2A6CAD0C-FE46-425E-8535-8FE978C39121 (resized).png
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 1 year ago

Good day! In this thread I will continue the old topic about the worst pinballs. I'll start with those with which I absolutely agree:

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball, Popeye Saves the Earth, Motordome (due the earbleeding sounds), Spy Hunter, Gilligan's Island, Orbitor-1, Hercules and Gottlieb's Gold Wings, Raven, Street Fighter II and Shaq Attaq.

Brazilian pinballs by Taito do Brasil really slow and boring, especially rehashes of Williams pinballs (Drakar, Shock, Fire Action and Cavaleiro Negro). I also dislikes Hawkman by reusage and of low pitched sounds from Defender. But worst of them is Shark (rip-off of Flight 2000). This game had awful sound effects. Star Wars (1987) i also consider as the worst.

What is the worst pinball game you've ever played?

#2 1 year ago

Gilligan's Island is actually good.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Gilligan's Island is actually good.

Well, I agreed with you. Many pinsiders said, that this table had worst DMD, but in my opinion Bushido and Mach 2.0 is even worse. These games really bad, as well as post-1988 Inder's pinballs.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

Brazilian pinballs by Taito do Brasil really slow and boring, especially rehashes of Williams pinballs (Drakar, Shock, Fire Action and Cavaleiro Negro). I also dislikes Hawkman by reusage and of low pitched sounds from Defender.

Not only Taito's pinballs with Williams sounds so bad. Bullseye 301 with Blackout sounds and some Nuova Bell Games's pinballs (World Defender with Space Shuttle/Sorcerer sounds, Future Queen with Pin*Bot/F-14 TomCat sounds and U-Boat 65 with High Speed/F-14 TomCat sounds) really bad. Zaccaria's pinballs with Williams sounds doesn't counts.

#5 1 year ago

Bally El Toro is really bad.

#6 1 year ago

My local place has league night, and it's a guarantee that I will draw friggin' Amigo at least 2 times.

#7 1 year ago

TS4
*calling it now

#8 1 year ago

I thought we already crowned Thunderbirds?!?

#9 1 year ago

If the scoring on shaq were to be fixed and more balanced, it would be better.

I am of course biased ,due to owing it.

#10 1 year ago

Popeye should not be on this list. Owned it, liked it a lot and I’d buy it again if it was a good deal. Underrated rules set, great backglass art and freakin hilarious. Given all the other super pins made back in the day, Popeye was definitely the disappointment compared to the others

#11 1 year ago

Gold Wings, Flash, Shaq Attack and Big Hurt. Owned them all
and they went away fast.

#12 1 year ago

Phantom of the Opera. Shameless cash-grab that tried to ride the coattails of the Andrew Lloyd Weber muscial. Has none of the music or anything else. Total bait and switch. Awful game with shallow rules and a PG-13 art package.

#13 1 year ago

Hybrid pinballs really bad, such as Gottlieb's Caveman, Bally's Granny and the Gators and all of Mr. Game's pinballs (Dakar, Motor Show, Mac Attack and World Cup 90).

...and Flip-VI by Inder. Combining pinball and fighting game is a really bad idea.

#14 1 year ago

I also hate sound effects with awful sound effects, which they even worse than Motordome. Such as Volley, Speed Test and Odisea Paris-Dakar. Shark is more awful, especially beeping music and all of these sounds, especially that. Lane. Sound. "Cssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!":

Some sounds similar to one of Taito's arcade - "The Electric Yo-Yo".

#15 1 year ago

Its a bummer so many people hate gold wings, when you max out that playfield multiplier and start multiball, and hit that aircraft carrier shot for like a 1,000,000,000,000,000 points then the game screams with the air raid siren for like 2 minutes long, its amazing!
Its literally Top Gun but the license fell through, come on everyone how can I be the only guy that loves this game? It has a freaking vertical loop, a space on the playfield dedicated to DANGER ZONE, the best 80s cheesy sound and art, and an air raid siren. And to top it off you have a fake Tom Cruise and Elizabeth Shue couple on the translight! What more does this game need to get respect????

#16 1 year ago

I don't know, Shark seems pretty awesome in both the layout and sound dept...

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

What more does this game need to get respect????

Fun gameplay would help.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Fun gameplay would help.

#19 1 year ago

For modern games I would say Ghostbusters for all the air balls and cheap drains and AIQ for it's lackluster shots and hot shit mess for rules.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

For modern games I would say Ghostbusters for all the air balls and cheap drains and AIQ for it's lackluster shots and hot shit mess for rules.

100% one of the worst modern games is ghostbusters and the rules suck on it too. AIQ is good though

#21 1 year ago

Some people doesn't know about four soviet pinballs. They really slow, especially Circus:

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

Some people doesn't know about four soviet pinballs. They really slow, especially Circus:

Wow, it looks like it plays like Hercules but tiny

#23 1 year ago

scuba

scuba sucks

#24 1 year ago

I’m an easy to please kind of guy when it comes to pinball. I really don’t “hate” any game. But the few I had a hard time completing a game on were:

Jubilee/Darling
Dolphin
Ready Aim Fire
Black Pyramid

Everyone likes to dump on System 3 games, but I really like them. Even Shaq Attaq. Sorta. The street level games all have such fun, unique designs.

System 80B games are all hidden gems. Fun layouts, no mystery rewards, and those “fat boy” flippers are solid and feel great. I’d even take Raven. I like what they tried to do with the roving drop target (kinda reminds me of Cactus Canyon’s quick draw), even if the rest of the game is hideous.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

Brazilian pinballs by Taito do Brasil really slow and boring, especially rehashes of Williams pinballs (Drakar, Shock, Fire Action and Cavaleiro Negro). I also dislikes Hawkman by reusage and of low pitched sounds from Defender. But worst of them is Shark (rip-off of Flight 2000). This game had awful sound effects.

I also know, that most successful Taito's table is "Cosmic" (rehash of Stern's "Galaxy"). Maybe Taito of Brazil's pinballs aren't so bad.

#26 1 year ago

Thunderbirds by far

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Quoted from Haymaker:

100% one of the worst modern games is ghostbusters and the rules suck on it too. AIQ is good though

Well, Ghostbusters and Infinite Quest isn't bad. Last pinballs by John Trudeau, like Ghostbusters, really awesome, but some of his early pinballs really bad, such as Rocky (due the playfield and Dave Thiel's sound design), Spring Break (due the bad artwork) and the above mentioned Raven, Gold Wings and Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball. Deadly Weapon (on your view) and Vacation America looks forgettable. Don't say that Trudeau's tables such as Hollywood Heat and The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot really bad. Hollywood Heat looks forgettable, but Steve Ritchie in his interview says that this game really fun. Bride of Pin-Bot looks awesome.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

TS4
*calling it now

I only came into this thread to see who said this first.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Phantom of the Opera. Shameless cash-grab that tried to ride the coattails of the Andrew Lloyd Weber muscial. Has none of the music or anything else. Total bait and switch. Awful game with shallow rules and a PG-13 art package.

I feel like, with a few exceptions, all of the Data East games back then were trash. If you can hit the ramp repeatedly, then you'll get a good score.

I'm looking at you, Star Wars, BTTF, TMNT...

#30 1 year ago

But seeing I'm here... Judge Dredd, by far the worst game ever made. I tend to keep games for a while, so if a game leaves in less than a year, it is a bit of a surprise. After 2 weeks, I put JD up on the block, and sold it quickly for a loss. It was weird, the game made me hate pinball. It dragged my whole collection down, so I shoved it out the door as fast as possible.

I know the game has its fans... but they are all dumb. I've played several different copies since then, and it wasn't the copy, it was the game. If it comes up in league, I'd just put myself down for forth place and go have a beer while I wait for the rest of my group.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

I feel like, with a few exceptions, all of the Data East games back then were trash. If you can hit the ramp repeatedly, then you'll get a good score.

Well, their rethemes is even worse. From "Operation Desert Storm" to "Kabuki". Worst of them is "Aaron Spelling" (retheme of Lethal Weapon 3) and "Richie Rich" (retheme of Tommy).

#32 1 year ago

Orbiter 1. I don't have it ranked last because it was unique with some neat features, but this game has the least replayability out of anything I've ever played and cannot imagine having one in a home collection. Spinning bumpers? Neat. A non flat wavey playfield you can see through? Balls that can drain from above or below the flippers? Just too different from regular pinball. If you have no idea what I'm talking about. It is a blast to play at a show... for about 10 minutes and then you will never want to see one again.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/orbitor-1

#33 1 year ago

Street fighter 2. It’s just not fun. Which was really disappointing because I like the arcade game and wanted it to be good.

#34 1 year ago

The worst game is the one that is not working properly....I'd rather play a lousy game in proper working order than a great game that has broken features or is poorly set up.

#35 1 year ago

Orbitor 1, Baby Pac and GatG are all fantastic games if you appreciate them for what they are.

Novelty games.

As novelty pinball machines they get top marks.
If you want a competitive “classic” pinball feel, then obviously they don’t fit in well.
I wouldn’t trade mine for the world!

#36 1 year ago

I like most EM’s but some are kind of boring. El Toro, Ro-Go and Triple Strike are all pretty lackluster.

#37 1 year ago

Well, Steve Kordek's Big Ben is lackluster, too. As many Pinsiders said.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Its literally Top Gun but the license fell through, come on everyone how can I be the only guy that loves this game?

How is it that every Gottlieb game from this era had “the license fall through?”

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

But seeing I'm here... Judge Dredd, by far the worst game ever made. I tend to keep games for a while, so if a game leaves in less than a year, it is a bit of a surprise. After 2 weeks, I put JD up on the block, and sold it quickly for a loss. It was weird, the game made me hate pinball. It dragged my whole collection down, so I shoved it out the door as fast as possible.
I know the game has its fans... but they are all dumb. I've played several different copies since then, and it wasn't the copy, it was the game. If it comes up in league, I'd just put myself down for forth place and go have a beer while I wait for the rest of my group.

I am curious as to why you dislike JD so much. I have one and I have owned for at least twelve years. I am thinking of selling it, that said. The call outs and animations in some of modes are funny. It does seem like a fast playing game: lots of drains and SDTMs for me. Ther are no pop bumpers and some people like that. It is a fussy machine to maintain with all of the optos and the Deadworld mech and the crane.

My vote for the worst game that I ever played was Hook.

#40 1 year ago

Some good ones listed here.
Ro-go, Ghostbusters, AMH, dominos,
Barb wire

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

I also hate sound effects with awful sound effects, which they even worse than Motordome. Such as Volley, Speed Test and Odisea Paris-Dakar. Shark is more awful, especially beeping music and all of these sounds, especially that. Lane. Sound. "Cssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!":
Some sounds similar to one of Taito's arcade - "The Electric Yo-Yo".

Motordome is an awesome game. Granted, for the era, the sound effects could have been better.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

I also know, that most successful Taito's table is "Cosmic" (rehash of Stern's "Galaxy"). Maybe Taito of Brazil's pinballs aren't so bad.

Looks like you don’t know much about taito…. Cosmic? I guess if you play virtual pinball most of the games are not fun anyway

#43 1 year ago

Personally I highly dislike Gottlieb’s The Incredible Hulk. Replacing the slings with those weird kick out mechanisms really sucked the wind out of any flow that game might have.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from IgorZhu:

Good day! In this thread I will continue the old topic about the worst pinballs. I'll start with those with which I absolutely agree:
Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball, Popeye Saves the Earth, Motordome (due the earbleeding sounds), Spy Hunter, Gilligan's Island, Orbitor-1, Hercules and Gottlieb's Gold Wings, Raven, Street Fighter II and Shaq Attaq.
Brazilian pinballs by Taito do Brasil really slow and boring, especially rehashes of Williams pinballs (Drakar, Shock, Fire Action and Cavaleiro Negro). I also dislikes Hawkman by reusage and of low pitched sounds from Defender. But worst of them is Shark (rip-off of Flight 2000). This game had awful sound effects. Star Wars (1987) i also consider as the worst.
What is the worst pinball game you've ever played?

Have you ever played one in real life? Virtual versions are dogshit. The music on taitos are very entertaining, as they are 8 bit versions of classical music. Most popular is vortex. Shark and Mr.Black are most sought after. If you have not seen or played these in real life, you can't really make judgement on them.

#45 1 year ago

I don't know about "worst" but most overrated of the last number of years?

Ghostbusters and GNR.

All hype, D level games.

#46 1 year ago

Ready aim Fire, worst game I’ve ever played. Worst sound package and terrible shots in that game.

#47 1 year ago

I couldn’t get into barb wire or de simpsons of games I’ve owned

#48 1 year ago

Ohhhhhh no. I’m not falling for that again!!

To all Transformers owners - i was so wrong. It might be the best game that i’ve never owned!

2A6CAD0C-FE46-425E-8535-8FE978C39121 (resized).png2A6CAD0C-FE46-425E-8535-8FE978C39121 (resized).png
#49 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

scuba
scuba sucks

Agreed, one of the worst ever.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Ready aim Fire, worst game I’ve ever played. Worst sound package and terrible shots in that game.

As TnT put it: simple pinball. I finished a redesign of that game save for some roll over switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinballs-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.