Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hawkmoon
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which games suck more than the other? ”

• Rolling Stones (Stern, 2011, #325) - - - - - - - - - - VS 187 votes
      10%
    • Alien (Heighway, 2017, #60) 56 votes
      3%
    • Big Buck Hunter Pro (Stern, 2010, #270) - - - - - - - - - - VS 154 votes
      8%
    • Houdini (American, 2017, #62) 66 votes
      3%
    • WWE Pro, Stern, #219) - - - - - - - - - - VS 248 votes
      13%
    • Oktoberfest (American, 2018, #68) 31 votes
      2%
    • Full Throttle (Heighway, 2015, #194) - - - - - - - - - - VS 132 votes
      7%
    • Munsters Pro (Stern, 2019, #71) 105 votes
      6%
    • Rob Zombie's Spookshow (Spooky, 2016, #161) - - - - - - - - - - VS 199 votes
      11%
    • Rick and Morty (Spooky, 2020, #73) 30 votes
      2%
    • Avatar Pro (Stern, 2010, #151) - - - - - - - - - - VS 142 votes
      8%
    • The Beatles Gold (Stern, 2018, #76) 85 votes
      4%
    • The Avengers pro (Stern, 2012, #149) - - - - - - - - - - VS 137 votes
      7%
    • Transformers (Stern, 2011, #98) 92 votes
      5%
    • America's Most Haunted (Spooky, 2014, #137) - - - - - - - - - - VS 144 votes
      8%
    • Mustang pro (Stern, 2014, #129) 81 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 1889 votes by 391 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130831_211744988_iOS (resized).jpg

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

To have more legitimate candidates (in my opinion), there should be a poll of the worst machines in all of coin-op the last decade.

My vote goes for that Pong game. It was boring and had little replay value 40+ years ago on a black and white tv. Now in 2020 it's laughable.

They probably sold more Thunderbirds than that thing.

#52 3 years ago

Just take all the games from 2010 to 2020 and put them up. This cherry picking is bullshit.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

Stranger Things should be in this list. The one near me started off as impossible to hit the demigorgon, every single kick out was a guaranteed drain if you didn't nudge. Before someone says that it just was at a bad angle and needed to be adjusted, the fact that such an angle is possible (without doing stupid stuff like putting the backend up on blocks) says that it is a terrible design. It should not be possible for every single kick out to be a guaranteed drain.

If you really feel this way, I feel bad for you because you never really had a chance to get the full experience. It's the most addictive game I own, and I have some really good games (it sits next to JPLE, considered by most to be one of the best). Yes...out of the box it needs more tweaking than most games (and I've found Sterns to be increasingly guilty in this regard), but once you get it dialed in, it's a helluva fun game. If you were local and uninfected, I'd invite you over to take another crack at it.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

My vote goes for that Pong game. It was boring and had little replay value 40+ years ago on a black and white tv. Now in 2020 it's laughable.

I don't know how old you are , but when I first played that game as a kid , my very first video game , I thought it was amazing and spent hours playing it .

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think we all need to see how bad TBAG really is.

The machine was designed by a group of Aussie Arcade sycophant morons.

Bitter pill for some down here to swallow but there's no other way to sugarcoat it for you.

#56 3 years ago

Rob Zombie is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible! Winner by a long shot.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Rob Zombie is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible! Winner by a long shot.

Agreed, this is one game I could never get into..

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Such a shame. The only award it can possibly win and it's exempt.

Thunderbird was going to be my only call, lol

#59 3 years ago

Thunderbirds. O. M. G.

Horrid.

#60 3 years ago

Ahh...after awhile ya kinda get used to it.

20130831_211744988_iOS (resized).jpg20130831_211744988_iOS (resized).jpg

Edit: Whoops, wrong T-Bird.

#61 3 years ago

Why on earth would Rick & Morty be on this poll? It's on track to be one of the best ever.

That's why it's winning 155 to 21 right now, almost 8 to 1. Against another Spooky game, yet. 21 people who missed out on ordering one, I guess.

#62 3 years ago

Pretty much all of them with few exceptions. And not solely talking about the ones in the poll as some of these are better than others.

Theme wise, it's been almost like some old men totally out of touch picking them out trying to appeal to and suck money out of those that are almost as old and gullible as they. I've got EMs with more relevant themes. lol. ha ha.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-theme-of-the-last-ten-years

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

Am I the only one here who really hates Kiss?

Why so many kiss haters? Not the fav in our collection, but doubt we would sell it soon.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Why so many kiss haters?

Because that's what the kids in Jr high and elementary school listened to when we were in high school.

Pretty irrelevant today no matter what school you went to.

Really? A new Kiss pinball machine in 2015? WTF!!!

#65 3 years ago

Funny thing is, it sells as fast as you list them, always getting asked about ours. Like I said, not the best we have, but still fun to play occasionally.

#66 3 years ago

I guess I'm starting to figure out why lessor rated games have always appealed to me before there was any rating or ranking order of any of these things.

Like I could definitely see a Big Buck Hunter passing through here and am still in on Rick and Morty. Better than I can say for the recent "greatest games of all time " polls. lol

Games and themes I like don't appeal to rich snooty people that dress to impress or always need a new car or have to be politically correct or somehow have to have expensive things around the house to remind them of their childhoods. Or even worse, it has to please their wives more than themselves. Just like most of what they like does not appeal to me.

Just as well, let the one's I don't want or need command the biggest money.

#67 3 years ago

I didn't Cherry pick anything and explained the logic a few posts in. I edited my initial post to clarify.

I went to the bottom of pinside's top list and found the lowest ranked 16 games that aren't boutique or special order. I suppose maybe full throttle should have been left out as well, but Highway was a real company....

The goal is to discuss the worst games in mainstream pinball. If you don't like it, there are thousands of other threads on pinside waiting for you.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I didn't Cherry pick anything and explained the logic a few posts in. I edited my initial post to clarify.
    I went to the bottom of pinside's top list and found the lowest ranked 16 games that aren't boutique or special order. I suppose maybe full throttle should have been left or as well, but Highway was a real company....
    The goal is to discuss the first games in mainstream pinball. If you don't like it, there are thousands of threads on pinside waiting for you.

Woah Nellie at #309 surely deserves a shot at glory.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Woah Nellie surely deserves a shot at glory.

Woah Nellie could’ve been awesome. Great theme and appeal, but it just sucks to play. A 4 player EM with some rules, modes, multiball could absolutely kill it on route.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Woah Nellie could’ve been awesome. Great theme and appeal, but it just sucks to play. A 4 player EM with some rules, modes, multiball could absolutely kill it on route.

Totally agree, but I think the layout was just a bit too EM to bridge the gap.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

It failed because it started out as a multiplayer woodrail EM from Gottlieb, and those were about as sucky as they come. Even with the redesigned playfield, what exactly do you have to shoot at, two standup targets and a kickout hole? Oh boy, what fun!

#72 3 years ago

Magic Girl? This game was not even playable. Certainly the winner here.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Why on earth would Rick & Morty be on this poll? It's on track to be one of the best ever.
    That's why it's winning 155 to 21 right now, almost 8 to 1. Against another Spooky game, yet. 21 people who missed out on ordering one, I guess.

Could it have anything to do with how incredibly clunky it is? Lack of toys? Mediocre art direction. I agree it doesn't belong on this list (a lot of names being thrown around here are upsetting), but it certainly isn't the end all be all game, either. Thank god for the theme, as that is well executed and fun.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I went to the bottom of pinside's top list and found the lowest ranked 16 games that aren't boutique or special order.

That doesn’t match the title of this post. It should be “The worst of the Pinside top 300 but not including specific machines because reasons”.

I dunno, I’m unreasonably irked by this poll, I get it. Just seems highly stylized to fit a specific narrative for the OP.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That doesn’t match the title of this post. It should be “The worst of the Pinside top 300 but not including specific machines because reasons”.
    I dunno, I’m unreasonably irked by this poll, I get it. Just seems highly stylized to fit a specific narrative for the OP.

Fully agree, not to mention people that always have to focus on the negative to balance out a best of discussion.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

not to mention people that always have to focus on the negative to balance out a best of discussion.

Along with "this is Pinside, where people can create a thread, just to start shit". The new normal here, it seems.

Had to open and look at it once...cannot even justify "voting" in this.......have fun.....

#77 3 years ago

GHOSTBUSTURDS

#78 3 years ago

Putting Rick and Morty on here is def just a hater move. There's barely even enough of them for people to have played and it's certainly not finished as far as a coded game.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guess I'm starting to figure out why lessor rated games have always appealed to me before there was any rating or ranking order of any of these things.
    Like I could definitely see a Big Buck Hunter passing through here and am still in on Rick and Morty. Better than I can say for the recent "greatest games of all time " polls. lol
    Games and themes I like don't appeal to rich snooty people that dress to impress or always need a new car or have to be politically correct or somehow have to have expensive things around the house to remind them of their childhoods. Or even worse, it has to please their wives more than themselves. Just like most of what they like does not appeal to me.
    Just as well, let the one's I don't want or need command the biggest money.

Rick and Morty? Hahahaha

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Rick and Morty? Hahahaha

And?

A current, funny, non politically correct theme, with full assets from the show, built by Spooky who will still be in business when this pandemic shutdown is over, with the highest quality playfield in the business and customer support, designed by Scott who has already proved himself with TNA, and gameplay that almost guarantees I won't be standing there for twenty minutes before each ball drains.

I don't see the problem.

#81 3 years ago

And why isn't Lamer ( I mean Stranger) Things on the list?

Talk about a turd to end all turds.

#82 3 years ago

Oh, I get it now, R&M is here because of all the haterz who just had to repress its debut at, what was it, #7?

Great reason.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

R&M is here because of all the haterz who just had to repress its debut at, what was it, #7?

All the cheap mofos that put off buying one when they went on sale because they had never heard of it, and one's that did figured they would pick up one cheaper later on.

Then of course, complained they got left out or said it sucks without playing it to make themselves feel better. Then there are those that actually do think it sucks because it is a theme newer than the 1980s or that it is actually challenging to keep a ball in play.

Does that just about cover it?

#84 3 years ago

Ya those reasons for hating a game sure are lame.

But so is the ridiculous amount of hype and praise placed on games by others, quite often before they've even played the game.

#85 3 years ago

Sometimes people rate and buy games like cars. Once they are set on one brand or make, they stick with it no matter what.

"I had a bitchin' '68 Camaro, so I'm getting a Citation because nobody makes a car quite like Chevy"

#86 3 years ago
    #87 3 years ago

The poll is about pins people actually buy and play, and it's based on pinside's numbers. Blame pinside voters for r&m being on here. Chill, it'll be gone after the first round.

I personally think the Avengers should win, hands down, considering it was a feature release and is just awful.

#88 3 years ago

Only selection I winced at was AMH vs Mustang. I legit enjoy both.
    Shocked to see Full Throttle getting so many votes when it's up against Munsters

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

The poll is about pins people actually buy and play

No wonder Stranger Things didn't make the list.

I got a joke for ya!

What's lamer than another 80s licensed theme in a new pinball machine?

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What's lamer than another 80s licensed theme in a new pinball machine?

Nothing wrong with good 80's licenses. Unfortunately with the exception of Aliens and Predator which, well u know. There hasn't been anything yet. Wheres a modern take on Robocop, The Terminator, MadMax the list is long. The problem which has always been the case for me is lame themes in general, has nothing to do with the decade.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Nothing wrong with good 80's licenses.

Wrong answer.

Correct Answer-

A new pinball game licensed after a recent TV show that takes place during the 80s with a large, purple sphincter on the playfield that is almost impossible to hit by design. But who would want to shoot at that thing anyway? Or even look at it?

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

The poll is about pins people actually buy and play, and it's based on pinside's numbers. Blame pinside voters for r&m being on here. Chill, it'll be gone after the first round.
    I personally think the Avengers should win, hands down, considering it was a feature release and is just awful.

Avengers was an awesome game. Set up properly game plays fantastic with a few tough shots.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Avengers was an awesome game. Set up properly game plays fantastic with a few tough shots.

Well, it just made it to the second round, so we'll have to see how many people agree with you. I think setup doesn't help the piss-poor design much.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

Stranger Things should be in this list. The one near me started off as impossible to hit the demigorgon, every single kick out was a guaranteed drain if you didn't nudge. Before someone says that it just was at a bad angle and needed to be adjusted, the fact that such an angle is possible (without doing stupid stuff like putting the backend up on blocks) says that it is a terrible design. It should not be possible for every single kick out to be a guaranteed drain.

Plenty of us have ours playing well. It’s a shame the game needs lots of adjustments, but once you get them sorted, game shoots pretty damn good.

#95 3 years ago

Yet another loaded question that can't be simplified since everyone looks for different things in pinball.

Most disappointing/biggest wasted license:
    Tie: Rolling Stones and Stranger Things.

Build/Components:
    Thunderbirds

Worst Playing Game:
    Hands Down - WWE Pro. (That dumb ass wrestling ring is not pinball).

#97 3 years ago

What happened to the round one poll and results? I missed this.

Thunderbirds and Full Throttle were both designed to be 'mainstream' games, so it's only fair they get scrutinised (I'm probably the only person here kinda likes TB for doing things in a quirky and different way).

Mafia isn't though. It was an error in hindsight the way Team Pinball presented it, but if you're having a go at a game made by a team of four on a tiny budget as an experiment with an expected hand-made run of ten, you'd have to include most homebrews as well.

Punny Factory isn't mainstream either, same reasons as Domino's. It's a contract game, we made it according to PA's brief, TP aren't trying to sell it and it exists mainly to promote PA's brand. Doubtful that any PA games would ever fall under the 'mainstream' category.

None of which invalidates anyone's opinions though. If you hate 'em, you hate 'em, and tough luck if you do.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wrong answer.

Correct Answer-

A new pinball game licensed after a recent TV show that takes place during the 80s with a large, purple sphincter on the playfield that is almost impossible to hit by design. But who would want to shoot at that thing anyway? Or even look at it?

Stranger Things held my interest for about 5min. Not into the pin either. I said good themes from the 80's, not shit from the 2010's based on the 80's so I'm with ya. There are some current themes that would work well, can't thing of any right now but there might just be a few. Sorry but today's stuff sucks in comparison to the 70's 80's 90's, that includes music and film and pinball themes. Good day to u sir.

#99 3 years ago

I'd say WWE but after the last code, the gameplay got so much better (in other words, I own 2)

#100 3 years ago

Rob Zombie worst for me

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-machine-in-the-last-decade/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.