(Topic ID: 268368)

Worst Pinball Machine in the Last Decade - Semifinal!

By Tranquilize

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RatShack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which games suck more than the other? Which do you dislike more? ”

• Rolling Stones (Stern, 2011, #325) VS 29 votes
      20%
    • WWE Pro (Stern, 2015, #219) 57 votes
      39%
    • Rob Zombie's Spookshow (Spooky, 2016, #161) VS 30 votes
      20%
    • America's Most Haunted (Spooky, 2014, #137) 32 votes
      22%

(Multiple choice - 148 votes by 100 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

#1 3 years ago

I went to the bottom of pinside's top list and found the 16 lowest ranked mainstream games (no boutique or special order games). This is round three of this poll, with 4 games remaining. I'm bummed that AMH beat out The Avengers. It is, IMHO, the worst mainstream machine of the last decade.

Round one can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-machine-in-the-last-decade
    Round two can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-machine-in-the-last-decade-part-ii

Remember that you are voting for the worst games, each one that sucks more than the other that it's paired against.

#2 3 years ago

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around you could miss it Rob Zombie!

#3 3 years ago

I've only played Rob Zombie on that list, so I feel bad voting, but RZ was so bad, I cant imagine another pinball being worse.

#4 3 years ago

Crazy to see such dislike for RZ, though admittedly the theme isn't for many.

While I wish the code got some of what was suggested (before Ben was out), it's truly an awesome game as is. Really just needed one mini wizard mode to be stellar IMO (something like a Horde or Cyborg Eddie you don't see every game, but can achieve).

Some of the best callouts and dots of any game IMO (largely because of the unique absurdity and level of trash talking). Yes, this is very subjective.

Also love the sling/pop action.

RZ always gets the greatest initial reactions from newcomers, and certainly stands out as unique in any size collection.

Perhaps not the thread for this, but I do think RZ doesn't get a fair assessment for what it is. Perhaps the loss of Sid Haig has even improved my view of it. Certainly lucky such a risky and risque game was even created.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Crazy to see such dislike for RZ, though admittedly the theme isn't for many.
    While I wish the code got some of what was suggested (before Ben was out), it's truly an awesome game as is. Really just needed one mini wizard mode to be stellar IMO (something like a Horde or Cyborg Eddie you don't see every game, but can achieve).
    Some of the best callouts and dots of any game IMO (largely because of the unique absurdity and level of trash talking). Yes, this is very subjective.
    Also love the sling/pop action.
    RZ always gets the greatest initial reactions from newcomers, and certainly stands out as unique in any size collection.
    Perhaps not the thread for this, but I do think RZ doesn't get a fair assessment for what it is. Perhaps the loss of Sid Haig has even improved my view of it. Certainly lucky such a risky and risque game was even created.

I like white Zombie and Rob Zombie music as well as Alice Cooper music but the pins bore me to death, have not really enjoyed a spooky game but RZ is just slow and goes Absolutely nowhere

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I like white Zombie and Rob Zombie music as well as Alice Cooper music but the pins bore me to death, have not really enjoyed a spooky game but RZ is just slow and goes Absolutely nowhere

I can say that the code is flat when it comes to creating an exciting progression (and I'll never make it to Hellbound), but "slow" isn't the word for RZ--that sling/pop action is the fastest, most chaotic ball movement in perhaps any normal game. Love it.

#7 3 years ago

all turds so far!

#8 3 years ago

Have you put much time in playing it?
    It’s one of those games that’s a love hate kind of thing. I think the more familiar you are with it and how it plays, the better the game is. It’s a very fast playing game that’s often hard to get control of the ball and can feel chaotic.
    It’s defiantly an oddball game that has people devided on two sides of the fence. People either hate it, or the total opposite where there’s a cult following amongst owners.
    Anyhow, your welcome to come up here and play mine and get some time in on it if you like.
    I really like the game, but can totally understand why others would not.

#9 3 years ago

I know people gripe about RZ, but how you can put ACNC in that same boat is beyond me. ACNC is one of the better pins I have played and keeps me coming back for more. It really is a great pin and there are still more code updates to come which will only make it better. Spooky has come a long ways over the years and while RZ has some polar opinions, ACNC is a WAY better game and does not even compare.

#10 3 years ago

If I walked into an arcade and those were the only four pins, I'm going straight for WWE, no question. Then I'd play a few games on AMH. Then I'd try out Rob Zombie and try to ignore the terrible artwork. The last one I'd play is Rolling Stones, with its boring layout, repetitive gameplay and cheaply-constructed toys.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

I know people gripe about RZ, but how you can put ACNC in that same boat is beyond me. ACNC is one of the better pins I have played and keeps me coming back for more. It really is a great pin and there are still more code updates to come which will only make it better. Spooky has come a long ways over the years and while RZ has some polar opinions, ACNC is a WAY better game and does not even compare.

I thought it was okay... but the shots were so tight that it got annoying. I'm sure in a home environment it would be better.

#12 3 years ago

Mick-On-A-Stick over WWE's ring all day long.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-machine-in-the-last-decade-semifinal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.