(Topic ID: 267789)

Worst Pinball Machine in the Last Decade - Part II

By Tranquilize

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which games suck more than the other? Which do you dislike more? ”

• Rolling Stones (Stern, 2011, #325) VS 79 votes
      18%
    • Big Buck Hunter Pro (Stern, 2010, #270) 26 votes
      6%
    • WWE Pro (Stern, 2015, #219) VS 92 votes
      21%
    • Full Throttle (Heighway, 2015, #194) 27 votes
      6%
    • Rob Zombie's Spookshow (Spooky, 2016, #161) VS 79 votes
      18%
    • Avatar Pro (Stern, 2010, #151) 33 votes
      7%
    • The Avengers pro (Stern, 2012, #149) VS 49 votes
      11%
    • America's Most Haunted (Spooky, 2014, #137) 58 votes
      13%

(Multiple choice - 443 votes by 151 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

#1 3 years ago

I went to the bottom of pinside's top list and found the 16 lowest ranked mainstream games (no boutique or special order games). This is round two of this poll, with 8 games remaining. Round one can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-machine-in-the-last-decade

There were no surprises in the first round as all of the higher ranked games beat out the lower ranked games. The closest race was Full Throttle beating out Munsters as the worst of the two by a vote of 105 to 132. Munsters fans can rest at ease!

Remember that you are voting for the worst games, each one that sucks more than the other that it's paired against.

#2 3 years ago

Why isn’t AMH considered boutique? Only 100 made so very few Pinsiders have spent any meaningful time playing.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Why isn’t AMH considered boutique? Only 100 made so very few Pinsiders have spent any meaningful time playing.

Same could be said about the Heighway pins too.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

As many others have pointed out a bazillion times, the poll is not perfect. I could have left out full throttle too. I decided that spooky and Highway were fair game. If I did't include them, someone else would complain.

#5 3 years ago

Easy way to avoid that - just put the whole decade up without your bullshit arbitrary exclusions.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Easy way to avoid that - just put the whole decade up without your bullshit arbitrary exclusions.

Go right ahead. No one is forcing you to participate. This is the second round. I'm assuming you decided you hated it the first round... To much time on your hands with the social distancing thing?

#7 3 years ago

The fact that Big Buck Hunter keeps showing up on these polls shows how we have such different tastes. The game is so much fun But I respect the rest of the 99,99999999999% of the world population that hates it

#8 3 years ago

I loved Big Buck when I had it. I got a trade offer for a NIB Metallica so I had to let it go. I do miss it .

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Go right ahead. No one is forcing you to participate. This is the second round. I'm assuming you decided you hated it the first round... To much time on your hands with the social distancing thing?

Dont ya love the haters?

#10 3 years ago

Damn Canadians are so unhappy!

#11 3 years ago

I suspect the reason Full Throttle is hanging in there is because only 73 machines were ever made and very few people are really familiar with it. So by default, people vote its opposition and in this case something more familiar.
    I'm not complaining just making a point.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Damn Canadians are so unhappy!

Yeah, what's that aboot.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

As many others have pointed out a bazillion times, the poll is not perfect. I could have left out full throttle too. I decided that spooky and Highway were fair game. If I did't include them, someone else would complain.

Not a complaint, just an honest question (hadn't seen your other post) since you said boutique games like AMH were excluded - unlike Heighway that mass marketed their games, albeit without much success.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I suspect the reason Full Throttle is hanging in there is because only 73 machines were ever made and very few people are really familiar with it. So by default, people vote its opposition and in this case something more familiar.
    I'm not complaining just making a point.

Everyone has their own preferences, but Full Throttle was one of my least favorite games of the 2 dozen or so that I've owned over the years. Played it a few times on location at Pinball Wizard and thought I would like one in my collection.

I was wrong.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

The fact that Big Buck Hunter keeps showing up on these polls shows how we have such different tastes. The game is so much fun But I respect the rest of the 99,99999999999% of the world population that hates it

Ooh, I love a chance to be pedantic:

Then you must hate it too, because that percentage of earth's population would be about 1/1282 of one person. In other words, rounding off to whole people (much less painful), that is effectively 100%.

No big deal, it's easy to add too many nines. But if I have said it once, I've said it a million times, don't exaggerate!

I wouldn't worry about BBH, anyhow, Mick on a Stick's got this.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

Same could be said about the Heighway pins too.

The Heighway pins weren't *meant* to be boutique. FT got utterly squashed by the early Alien announcement (and boy, was I pissed about that), but Andrew fully intended to sell as many as he could. There was no limited run number.

#17 3 years ago

Seriously GB should be on this list.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrmark0673:

Everyone has their own preferences, but Full Throttle was one of my least favorite games of the 2 dozen or so that I've owned over the years. Played it a few times on location at Pinball Wizard and thought I would like one in my collection.
    I was wrong.

Even I've played FT less than WWE, and I made the damn thing. FT has a decent layout and played well in the end. I did my best with the playfield graphics based on the little assets there were and improvising what I could (and sneaked in a couple of Easter eggs on of the plastics). But I never liked what the game was forced to be turned into and the treatment it got, and have too many bad memories of it. It reeks of design-by-committee and was zero fun to do.

Give me a chance though and I'd reskin FT and have it recoded with a theme that suits it that I'd actually like. I know exactly what it would be.

#19 3 years ago

Avatar should not be in this list.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It reeks of design-by-committee and was zero fun to do.
    Give me a chance though and I'd reskin FT and have it recoded with a theme that suits it that I'd actually like. I know exactly what it would be.

I thought that wacky bar theme was cool, like taxi or something.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

I thought that wacky bar theme was cool, like taxi or something.

Oh I still totally want to do that - the playfield would be a complete rearrangement though. Been on the design cards and tinkered away with for absolutely ages. It would retain the same gameplay ideas I had but with more on top, since it would be a three-flipper widebody; it would have a non-standard right inlane/outline area with two additional pop bumpers and a means back to the shooter lane for a kickback; it would have a lower 'wine cellar' mini-field with a new style of play, if I can fit it in without overcrowding the field; and it would have two player-controlled 'magic magnets' at the top section to give players total control over ball flow into areas and features they want (was a bit peeved when Oktoberfest was able to present something similar first).

As for why I'm doing weird niche games right now like Punny Factory and Sushi Mania that appear to have no market appeal on this board; it's like doing a small-team homebrew, as contract projects selling them isn't our remit so all we have to do is make them fun to play, it's an interesting creative challenge to come up with unique layouts with their own USPs on a small budget, and I'd rather have fun with making an off-the-wall brief work than make no games at all.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Oh I still totally want to do that - the playfield would be a complete rearrangement though. Been on the design cards and tinkered away with for absolutely ages. It would retain the same gameplay ideas I had but with more on top, since it would be a three-flipper widebody; it would have a non-standard right inlane/outline area with two additional pop bumpers and a means back to the shooter lane for a kickback; it would have a lower 'wine cellar' mini-field with a new style of play, if I can fit it in without overcrowding the field; and it would have two player-controlled 'magic magnets' at the top section to give players total control over ball flow into areas and features they want (was a bit peeved when Oktoberfest was able to present something similar first).
    As for why I'm doing weird niche games right now like Punny Factory and Sushi Mania that appear to have no market appeal on this board; it's like doing a small-team homebrew, as contract projects selling them isn't our remit so all we have to do is make them fun to play, it's an interesting creative challenge to come up with unique layouts with their own USPs on a small budget, and I'd rather have fun with making an off-the-wall brief work than make no games at all.

I found full throttle to be pretty fun. This other version you speak of sounds crazy awesome! Total respect for your approach to games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-machine-in-the-last-decade-part-ii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.