darling-williams-pinball.jpg
nelson-bbpin.gif
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
RoGo.jpg
Playfield.jpg
Backglass.jpg
image.jpg
superstar.jpg

There are 504 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 8 years ago

Maybe not the worst game, but most annoying game to me is Gold Wings. I'd like to take that siren and shove it straight up the backside of that fake Tom Cruise on the translight.......

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Maybe not the worst game, but most annoying game to me is Gold Wings. I'd like to take that siren and shove it straight up the backside of that fake Tom Cruise on the translight.......

LOL, that's a mental image that won't soon be forgotten.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

! I bet you are talking about the former Chammps on West 7th St. They closed now.

That's the one. Real close to my house. I remember eating french onion soup there for as long as I can remember. As long as they keep that coming, they can call that place whatever they want.

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Loads of fun when the relay for the siren gets stuck. Even without the siren it's not that good a game.

2 weeks later
#405 8 years ago

Mustang by far the worst modern game I have ever played..

#406 8 years ago

Pistoll poker for the bugs never fixed has to be in the top 3 for that reason.

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

images2.jpgimages2.jpg

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

It's Southpark, folks. Fact. Not opinion.

Agreed! Southpark is the worse! My bud bought one to add to his 4 pin collection. Everytime I visited he would see me on the other 4, never SP. He kept trying to push me at it, even wanting partner plays. I finally had to tell him the game sux. He sold it 3 weeks later lol.

#409 8 years ago

Carhop boring bloody thing terrible speech like most of gottliebs of that era back in 94 a local arcade had 6 of these pinballs that they couldn't even get rid of them in Daytona usa competion Also no one likes playing my roadshow they prefer my Earthshaker or Whirlwind instead

#410 8 years ago

Gottlieb Buccaneer. Shoot it back up the center spinner. Wait for it to come down. Shoot it back there again.

Like, one shot game. Like, literally the only shot there is to shoot. There rest are made to be trickled down from, not shot up.

#411 8 years ago

I would expect you to Lumberg, considering you have a Premium/LE in your collection.

#412 8 years ago

After Pinburgh, I'll add that MotorDome is pretty freakin' terrible!

#413 8 years ago

Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

#414 8 years ago

I played Avatar and it was the longest 3 balls of my life. I also got a replay based on score, and I hit a match. I never got through the second game. Still, this is based on limited game time, so it might not be entirely fair to say its the worst game ever to me.

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I played Avatar and it was the longest 3 balls of my life. I also got a replay based on score, and I hit a match. I never got through the second game. Still, this is based on limited game time, so it might not be entirely fair to say its the worst game ever to me.

If you adjust the game to be more difficult the game will move up the charts to the stinks/ kinda sucks level.

AKA: AvaTurd

#416 8 years ago

Bad edit made re-post.

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

After Pinburgh, I'll add that Motordome is pretty freakin' terrible!

I'm in total agreement! I hovered around that damn machine nearly the entire weekend, hoping someone would put credits up... wasn't until Sunday that I got a chance to play it and it was NOT worth the wait.

Still better than Orbitor1, though.

#418 8 years ago

X Files

#419 8 years ago

You, sir, are getting down-voted for that one

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm in total agreement! I hovered around that damn machine nearly the entire weekend, hoping someone would put credits up... wasn't until Sunday that I got a chance to play it and it was NOT worth the wait.
Still better than Orbitor1, though.

I had to play Motor Dome in round 9 against Jorian E. and some other really good players. I knew what to do from watching Marks tutorial. It was SO dark you could barely see the ball. Jorian was the only one to make the upper flipper shot successfully and he struggled with it quite a bit. None of the rest of us could make the shot.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

You, sir, are getting down-voted for that one

Down vote all you want.. My opinion still stands and if you look though this thread I am not the only one with that opinion..

#422 8 years ago

Saw where Stern was making more and I don't see why, there is no way they sold all of the first run...

#423 8 years ago

Down vote all you want.. My opinion still stands and if you look though this thread I am not the only one with that opinion..

Seriously? Have you tried Wrestlemania? If you haven't then you'll soon find a new worst modern game you've ever played.

#424 8 years ago

This one will never be the worst or even close to it... Does anyone however agree with me that Addams Family is a very overrated game....? It´s up there in the top on all lists but I can think of games that I enjoy far more....

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

This one will never be the worst or even close to it... Does anyone however agree with me that Addams Family is a very overrated game....? It´s up there in the top on all lists but I can think of games that I enjoy far more....

I agree. I have played the game a bunch of times but still don't get why it is so popular.

#426 8 years ago

The Addams Family wouldn't be anything special if it would be released today.
To understand why it was so special, you have to jump back to the year 1992.
It was quite a revolutionary pin at that time and they made a record selling more that 20.000 machines.
It became a classic because everybody knows it. It's still fun to play.
You gotta love the randomized magnets and banging Seance mode.

Overrated compared to the new machines? Hmm, maybe.. But.. Is the new Mustang better than the original 60's Mustang? Yes it is.
It's faster, it's more economic and you don't need to pop up the hood every 100 miles.
But it if you ask people which one they want... the answer in most cases would probably be the original one.

It's all about how people remember it. All the memories that came with it. All the good times they had while playing it in the past.
That's why TAF will stay in the top 10 for a long time.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

The Addams Family wouldn't be anything special if it would be released today.
To understand why it was so special, you have to jump back to the year 1992.
It was quite a revolutionary pin at that time and they made a record selling more that 20.000 machines.
It became a classic because everybody knows it. It's still fun to play.
You gotta love the randomized magnets and banging Seance mode.
Overrated compared to the new machines? Hmm, maybe.. But.. Is the new Mustang better than the original 60's Mustang? Yes it is.
It's faster, it's more economic and you don't need to pop up the hood every 100 miles.
But it if you ask people which one they want... the answer in most cases would probably be the original one.
That's why TAF will stay in the top 10 for a long time.

Very well said. Sometimes looking back at a game it's hard to understand its following that it has received. In a nutshell TAF blew minds in 1992. It really was game changing. Love it or hate it, it did many things and was unique.

#428 8 years ago

TAF is a very good game fun game. I agree it was great in 1992.

The movie call outs are fantastic. The DMD was still pretty new and now we had cousin IT doing flips on the screen. The rules have now gotten deeper and the mansion shows your progress through these modes. Magnets flinging the balls or grabbing them with a hand while another flipper shoots the ball on its own. Light shows from the table to the ceiling off the topper.

What is mediocre about it now?

Edit: Oh, and you had complete code with a Wizard mode.

#429 8 years ago

I do love the art on Motordome though. Very Mad Max.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Seriously? Have you tried Wrestlemania? If you haven't then you'll soon find a new worst modern game you've ever played.

Played it.. Actually thought it wasn't to bad. I mean, I could see how people would be turned off before they even stepped up to the machine because it is wrestling but the game play was far better than Mustang, plus Mustang is Ugly as sin.

#431 8 years ago

For me, the theme and appearance of WWE is only a smallish part of the turn off. It's the game play. Sending the ball up the ramps to bash away in the ring over and over gets really old fast. Mustang on the other hand has cool risk/reward for how many gears you want to try for before starting MB, some pretty cool modes, a truly awesome super skill shot, a nod to CFTBL with the ramp leading to the bowl, and some really deep rules that probably the majority of players are unaware of.

Have you played it since v.1.4 came out in October 2014? That added quite a bit to the game.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

For me, the theme and appearance of WWE is only a smallish part of the turn off. It's the game play. Sending the ball up the ramps to bash away in the ring over and over gets really old fast. Mustang on the other hand has cool risk/reward for how many gears you want to try for before starting MB, some pretty cool modes, a truly awesome super skill shot, a nod to CFTBL with the ramp leading to the bowl, and some really deep rules that probably the majority of players are unaware of.
Have you played it since v.1.4 came out in October 2014? That added quite a bit to the game.

Have not.. Was so turned off when I played it before I haven't been back. Banging gears to me, bashing the standups, is just as boring as the ring is to you apparently. I will have to give it a another shot but I don't have much hope for it. Went back and watch a video or two of it and it reminded me of how much I didn't like it. Not a huge fan of the sound either...

#433 8 years ago

The PAPA tournament videos made me appreciate mustang for a tough tournament machine. I've never played it but I could see where it wouldn't work for some people. I'm not a big fan of the art style either.

#434 8 years ago

Played it.. Actually thought it wasn't to bad. I mean, I could see how people would be turned off before they even stepped up to the machine because it is wrestling but the game play was far better than Mustang, plus Mustang is Ugly as sin.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Exactly.

3 years later
#436 5 years ago

The worst for me is City Slicker. I bought a HUO one and thought it was so nice when I got it home. Beautiful machine. Then I turned it on... what a mess. It was supposed to be a two player pinball machine but when test markets confirmed that was a bad idea they scrapped the second player and released a few units as is. Garbage

3 weeks later
#437 5 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I'm amazed how many people say Wizard of Oz is the worst game ever. If you haven't noticed, it's #19 in the top 100 as of this writing. Yeah, it plays a bit differently than most modern machines, but saying it's the worst machine ever is a bit disrespectful.

4 months later
#438 4 years ago

I am reading these wondering if I should leave some off my new virtual cabinet . I don't want my friends to pick a dud the first few times and get bored. My friends don't have much pinball experience. I could throw those under a blah playlist . I don't think I want to keep too many choose from. There could be a whole other topic ones that are disappointing due to the theme.. I felt 24 was boring as was wheel of Fortune. But I like x files. Mustang is not worth my time either

#439 4 years ago

I very much disagree with X Files being the “worst pinball game ever”. A dream theme for me, so I picked up a beauty. Added a 10 inch sub from flipper fidelity and wow, it rocks now.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

But.. Is the new Mustang better than the original 60's Mustang?

That is a big NO.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I very much disagree with X Files being the “worst pinball game ever”. A dream theme for me, so....

So you really can't be objective; got it.

#442 4 years ago

From newer pins_

- The Munsters .. just 10 days in the gameroom and kicked out, worldrecord !!
- LoTR .... 10 weeks. Path Of Death became boring
- The Hobbit ... 6 month. But waioted a year for the game ...
- PP , still in the collection but poor gameplay

Actual keeper:

- TAF over 15 years
- WhiWi over 15 years
- TZ over 10 years
- MM over 10 years but sold
- Garageband, MysteryCastle, PP over 10 years but collectibles
- MET ... 7 years or so ?! Bought NIB will stay until the undertaker rings my bell

However, just saw this old thread .

#443 4 years ago

Wonka.

#444 4 years ago

Sorry but this is not even a debate as far as I'm concerned. There is a clear winner here. If your pick is not Thunderbirds it's only because you haven't had the misfortune of playing it. I've played a lot of terrible games but nothing even comes close to this atrocity. The only thing worse than playing one is owning one. I hated having it in my house and I was worried I would never be rid of it. Every time I passed by it, I felt as though those creepy puppets on the translite were staring at me and mocking me. It was extremely disturbing. I actually felt sorry for the guy that bought it from me, which is kind of crazy considering the game was in mint condition and I took a $3K CAD hit on the price. Sure enough it was for sale again 3 days later. There's only so much punishment a person can endure. I imagine it's like being waterboarded except even less fun. I suggest everyone in this thread that has mentioned another game to please go play this abomination once in your life. You will have a new appreciation for all of the other games listed here. My apologies to all the owners of this game for what you just read but whether you choose to admit it or not, you know none of it is an exaggeration. My sympathies.

#445 4 years ago

Have you actually played it or just based on impressions from videos?

#446 4 years ago

BBBB (mic drop)

#447 4 years ago

Primus

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Have you actually played it or just based on impressions from videos?

Videos, music

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Sorry but this is not even a debate as far as I'm concerned. There is a clear winner here. If your pick is not Thunderbirds it's only because you haven't had the misfortune of playing it. I've played a lot of terrible games but nothing even comes close to this atrocity. The only thing worse than playing one is owning one. I hated having it in my house and I was worried I would never be rid of it. Every time I passed by it, I felt as though those creepy puppets on the translite were staring at me and mocking me. It was extremely disturbing. I actually felt sorry for the guy that bought it from me, which is kind of crazy considering the game was in mint condition and I took a $3K CAD hit on the price. Sure enough it was for sale again 3 days later. There's only so much punishment a person can endure. I imagine it's like being waterboarded except even less fun. I suggest everyone in this thread that has mentioned another game to please go play this abomination once in your life. You will have a new appreciation for all of the other games listed here. My apologies to all the owners of this game for what you just read but whether you choose to admit it or not, you know none of it is an exaggeration. My sympathies.

Good to read an honest review of this machine on pinside that doesn't smack of a distributor trying to peddle inventory or an Aussie forum shill outright bullshitting an international audience.

#450 4 years ago

Rob Zombie

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
9,875 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 504 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-game-ever/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.