Topic Stats

• 455 posts
  • 252 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by JWJr
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images2.jpg
alive_head_score2.jpg
MillionaireIsSoBadICouldDie.jpg
20150719_205954.jpg
20150719_204549.jpg
20150719_205843.jpg
tiltmaze.jpg
darling-williams-pinball.jpg
nelson-bbpin.gif
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
RoGo.jpg
Playfield.jpg
Backglass.jpg
image.jpg
superstar.jpg
rc.jpg

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 4 years ago

For an early Bally, Lost World is a bit of a stinker game play wise. It needs drop targets or something and i loathe the slow annoying bonus count in that one.

Atari Middle Earth turned out to be pretty terrible player as well, again the artwork is pretty cool.

#352 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that, I'll never consider converting my HH to multi-ball now. That was hard to watch and listen to, got about half way through the video and shut it down.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Quoted from davebart5:

I'm just going to leave this here. Watch at your own risk or you'll have nightmares about the ear piercing noises that come from this machine. Not to mention the PF lighting is all over the place and it looks like a whole bunch of random gameplay is happening. Thanks to this video, i'll never take the HH system 80 beauty I own for granted.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Gottlieb Force II. What a waste of space in this go no where game with so little to even do....
What is the theme? Where is Force I? What are these aliens from? Who cares?

+1

One of the first pins I owned. Spent an age getting it playable and wish I hadn't bothered

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Sega:

Poor rules: SP, Episode 1, SW, Popeye, rocky and bullwinkle (in tournaments), IJ4.

Popeye has poor rules?!?!?

Funny, I thought most consider the ruleset is one of Popeye's best features.

#355 4 years ago

Same here, I can only take so much of that... Single ball HH for me as well and I am 100% fine with that.

Despite knowing Gottlieb withheld multiball and speech from the HH build for cost cutting, I feel the game is perfectly fine as a single soul (ball) roaming the bowels of a Haunted building all alone. Just feels right to me.

Quoted from blownfuse:

Thanks for posting that, I'll never consider converting my HH to multi-ball now. That was hard to watch and listen to, got about half way through the video and shut it down.
Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#356 4 years ago

Hurricane is up there for me. I also loathed checkpoint the short time I owned it. The comment about bally's lost world is spot on however that game holds some serious nostalgia for me. Lots of the bally 6803 stuff is honesly pretty bad and I've avoided it like crazy, although if current price trends continue it looks like that's my future

#357 4 years ago

Of the hundreds of games I have played recently, probably my least favorite game is Gladiators. For me it's way at the bottom of DMD pins. I've certainly given it a fair shot as it is on location at three different laundromats in my area, so I have probably played it 15-20 times. Never had much fun with it. Ball times are usually very short. There are a couple of loop shots with the upper flippers for little or no points, but once the ball gets to the main playfield there isn't much to shoot at, the shots don't "feel" right, artwork & theme are terrible, and the slings are not normal. They are a completely different type of sling that is more prone to shooting the ball into the outlanes it seems. Sorry to say there just isn't much going on for this stinker. It makes Shaq Attack look like a masterpiece. At least I have fun playing that game (in small doses). No comparison to Street Fighter 2 which I would consider a fairly decent game (which I own and enjoy playing regularly).

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

But it has poop that jumps out of the toilet. That alone makes it pretty cool.

Now in color too. Maybe the best colordmd effort. It looks really good on my machine.

20150719_205843.jpg

20150719_204549.jpg

20150719_205954.jpg

#359 4 years ago

I owned a Spy Hunter for awhile....i just couldnt get into it

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

least favorite game is Gladiators

I disagree! And others will too... Gladiators is a great game! Its got unique shots, not found in any other game, the music is awesome (love the 80's theme and Contra music when you get the extra ball). Killing the beast is probably the most exciting; where you have to hit all 3 ball locks in order.
But, you've probably never experienced those... with your 15 - 20 games on a location pin.

#361 4 years ago

Sega Star Wars is the worst game I have ever played. Complete waste of the license & feels like a piece of junk when played.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

If the majority of the deisigners together with 95% of the pinballworld recognize Popeye as one of the worst ever, togehter yes I´d say it´s a pretty more true than false opinion of the game.... Funny enough Junk Yard which he also did does not follow the unjustified too high player disadvantage with the gigantic outlane drain factor compared to his others (read PinBot, Jackbot, Space Shuttle, Gorgar etc, etc, etc and the most ridiculous of them all, Dracula)...

Opinions are opinions. They cannot be true of false. Don't like Popeye? Sure, go right ahead. It's your opinion. You're entitled to it. Just like everybody else is. Just don't start to think that your opinion is more true than another.

In my last post I wasn't talking about Popeye though. I was talking about your remark on Ourslers games in general being the worst games in existance. With which I wholeheartedly disagree . Dracula and Doctor Who are 2 all-time favorites for me. Yup, the outlanes are tough. But that's part of the game. It made me a better player.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Now in color too. Maybe the best colordmd effort. It looks really good on my machine.

20150719_205843.jpg 20150719_204549.jpg 20150719_205954.jpg

Too bad you have to play the game to see the animations.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Gladiators. ... as it is on location at three different laundromats in my areas in my area

Jason, where is there a Gladiators around us? I have never seen that title to play one.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Of the hundreds of games I have played recently, probably my least favorite game is Gladiators. For me it's way at the bottom of DMD pins. I've certainly given it a fair shot as it is on location at three different laundromats in my area, so I have probably played it 15-20 times. Never had much fun with it. Ball times are usually very short. There are a couple of loop shots with the upper flippers for little or no points, but once the ball gets to the main playfield there isn't much to shoot at, the shots don't "feel" right, artwork & theme are terrible, and the slings are not normal.

Any game with short ball times can't be that bad. It is those games where you can't drain the ball if you tried, that I get real bored with.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Jason, where is there a Gladiators around us? I have never seen that title to play one.

There is one in El Dorado, Newton, and Wichita; all of them owned by the same operator. (The same guy has 5 Tee'd Off machines floating around as well.) I'm sure the Gladiators I played are not the greatest examples of the game out there as they have been on location for a very long time, so I'm sure if I spent more time on a nice one I might get into it more. I didn't mean to go over the top in criticizing it. I'm sure most would agree that all pinball machines have something good about them, even our least favorite ones.

#367 4 years ago

Incredible Hulk 1979

And maybe Ballys Truck Stop

#368 4 years ago

/rant on

Stunned on how mean spirited people are about WoZ. Yes, I own and like the game. I get that some people don't like the theme. I for one am a family guy and was excited when my wife actually "loved" a pin she saw at expo. That was several years back and now she plays WoZ. Huge in my book.

Either way, to say it is one of the worst pins is nothing but mean spirited. It is done by Pinside accounts that are new. Clearly done to stir up controversy and create problems on this board. What is wrong with people?

People need to lighten up around here about WoZ/TH/JJP proper. It is out of control. Competition is good folks. Trust me, coming from the telcom sector, you want competition. Without it, innovation dies. Without innovation, you get the same old crap. So as much as people are annoyed with JJP's way of doing business, be glad they are in the market. You don't have to buy from them. You don't have to do their pre-pay model. You don't have to execute a sale when they raise prices. We live in a free world. But you should want them to succeed. We the consumers will get more options, and innovation will follow.

/rant off

Hercules btw is my vote, but I still play it at expo. I would rather be playing the "my least favorite pin" than go to work

#369 4 years ago

I don't care for WoZ but it's certainly not the worst.

#370 4 years ago

I see the question a lot.. and always have to beat up on my most hated game - DEMO MAN ... so bad so bad

I saw someone else mention Shaq Atack.. yeah that ranks WAY up there too.

both are dead weight and the winner of worst of the 2 is ..... DEMO MAN cause it weighs more!

#371 4 years ago

Magic Girl by far

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

I see the question a lot.. and always have to beat up on my most hated game - DEMO MAN ... so bad so bad
I saw someone else mention Shaq Atack.. yeah that ranks WAY up there too.
both are dead weight and the winner of worst of the 2 is ..... DEMO MAN cause it weighs more!

But...but Demo Man feel so smooth though. Soooo smooooth

#373 4 years ago

My vote is for the SyS80 James bond with horrible timer, not the later FW with the traditional ball count. The sound was awful.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

I've never played Gilligans or Popeye, but Demo man the worst W/B I've played.

#375 4 years ago

Which one is the worst pinball machine ever is really a relative question.
There are hundreds of EM machines that would probably end up on top (Even before Shaq Attack yes.
It was hard for me to remember one that I didn't like but if I take in the equation that I love Pat Lawlor designs I just couldn't play Rollercoaster Tycoon (2002) a lot.

#376 4 years ago

Genesis. Yuck. Ugly as sin and twice as boring.

#377 4 years ago

Just played TMNT - wow that thing is a stinker.

#378 4 years ago

I keep threatening to sell my tmnt, just havnt done it

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Which is a shame. I personally think the game is meh at best, I've been watching the cartoon on Nickelodeon and playing a pinball machine based on a franchise I enjoy is always enjoyable. Plus the jackpot animation is one of the best in pinball. My problems with the game is that there's no flow and the captive ball awards score more than anything else.

#380 4 years ago

Magic Hurl

#381 4 years ago

The worst game I can think of (that I actually want for some reason) would be Super Nova.

#382 4 years ago

Responding to original question, I gotta say... South Park.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Of the hundreds of games I have played recently, probably my least favorite game is Gladiators. For me it's way at the bottom of DMD pins. I've certainly given it a fair shot as it is on location at three different laundromats in my area, so I have probably played it 15-20 times. Never had much fun with it. Ball times are usually very short. There are a couple of loop shots with the upper flippers for little or no points, but once the ball gets to the main playfield there isn't much to shoot at, the shots don't "feel" right, artwork & theme are terrible, and the slings are not normal. They are a completely different type of sling that is more prone to shooting the ball into the outlanes it seems. Sorry to say there just isn't much going on for this stinker. It makes Shaq Attack look like a masterpiece. At least I have fun playing that game (in small doses). No comparison to street fighter 2 which I would consider a fairly decent game (which I own and enjoy playing regularly).

Gladiators is great when you figure it out. It has some interesting rules that are not apparent. Big points are to be had in the Beasts Challenge wizard mode. I had my Mega Bonus up to 3 billion and got it 6 times in this 22 billion point game. The Mega Bonus countdown was awesome.

#384 4 years ago

Also there are different aspects. Worst gameplay worst artwork etc. Demo man is an ugly pin but plays great.

#385 4 years ago

avengers pro for me. I know some people here like it and maybe it was just the one I've played but it was the most boring game I've played.

#386 4 years ago

After 4 days at replay fx and playing as many different games as possible Asteroid Anne is by far the worst game I've ever played.

#387 4 years ago

MillionaireIsSoBadICouldDie.jpg

(Please note I have an 11-page essay as to why I dislike this machine...)

Also note that I still heavily respect all the designers and team that worked on this game, and I respect all the time and effort that they put into it, I really do. I just believe the game has a few... 'flaws' in it....

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Gladiators is great when you figure it out. It has some interesting rules that are not apparent. Big points are to be had in the Beasts Challenge wizard mode. I had my Mega Bonus up to 3 billion and got it 6 times in this 22 billion point game. The Mega Bonus countdown was awesome.
» YouTube video

Wow! I had no idea about that. Sounds like it could be a fun machine once you get good at it and get to play one that is in decent condition.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I know some people like it, but I'd have a hard time not picking Shaq Attaq.
It's not just the theme. It's the sound too. It might be the only game I've ever left before the game was over.

I have never played Shaq Attaq, is that bad?

#390 4 years ago

^^^^^^ its as good as shaqs rap and acting career.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from Luisrobinson:

I have never played Shaq Attaq, is that bad?

It's worse than you can even imagine.

#392 4 years ago

^^^^^ my point exactly lol

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I played one a few years ago. It was throwing free games at me(special, matches, hitting replay score). It's like it was lonely and was enjoying my company.

This was the same spot(Champp's) that had a Hook I played several years ago, played 4 credits on, and kept racking up credits where I just left them on the machine.

Or maybe the operator for that location's just a generous person.

#394 4 years ago

Okay so me and my friends played Shaq Attacq at ReplayFX over the weekend and we all thought it was solid. What don't you naysayers like about it?

And Jesus christ it's not as bad as his rap career. That was an unnecessary low blow

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

After 4 days at replay fx and playing as many different games as possible Asteroid Anne is by far the worst game I've ever played.

Did you play Orbitron1? Points for thinking out of the box but, man.... Ugh.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I played one a few years ago. It was throwing free games at me(special, matches, hitting replay score). It's like it was lonely and was enjoying my company.
This was the same spot(Champp's) that had a Hook I played several years ago, played 4 credits on, and kept racking up credits where I just left them on the machine.
Or maybe the operator for that location's just a generous person.

HA! I bet you are talking about the former Chammps on West 7th St. They closed now. It was a Mendota Valley operator game, so it probably just had a bunch of kids playing it that did badly and upped the percentages, they wouldn't set it to give out free games on purpose. Speaking of stinker games, they used to have a Lost in Space on route there too.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

What don't you naysayers like about it?

I cannot think of one thing I like aboot it. Ugly, 90s Gottlieb, plays like crap, is annoying, every single thing aboot it is dredfull. Oh wait, I like the backglass...that's pretty funny.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I cannot think of one thing I like aboot it. Ugly, 90s Gottlieb, plays like crap, is annoying, every single thing aboot it is dredfull. Oh wait, I like the backglass...that's pretty funny.

LOL my friend won a translite of his choice at ReplayFX... and he picked the Shaq one.

#399 4 years ago

alive_head_score2.jpg

#400 4 years ago

I think that this thread should have been by decade..also, anyone find that this thread just makes those that enjoy or own a game more upset than anything..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside