darling-williams-pinball.jpg
nelson-bbpin.gif
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
RoGo.jpg
Playfield.jpg
Backglass.jpg
image.jpg
superstar.jpg
There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#302 8 years ago

Not the worst, but way down there: Caveman

Widebody with little playfield space to play on, and a bad Pac- Man Clone game taking up the top half of the playfield.

About the only thing that's "O.K" is the sound.

#303 8 years ago

Popeye.

#304 8 years ago

Bug's Bunny's Birthday Bash.

#305 8 years ago

It's Southpark, folks. Fact. Not opinion.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Bu bu but it so great on location so that must mean it's good right?!?

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

But it has poop that jumps out of the toilet. That alone makes it pretty cool.

#308 8 years ago

One of my least favorite ever is Freddy. We used to be forced to play it in league and it's just terrible. It actually made me think ALL Gottleib Premier games were junk, until I found a couple that I really like(Genesis and TX-Sector).

#309 8 years ago

Hercules by FARRRR

1 month later
#310 8 years ago

ANY Barry OURSLER game ...,almost !! Those gigantic outlane drains defy the purpose to play pinball. Popeye the shame-game that should never had entered production. Opinion backed up by other higher respected designers than the designer himself.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Shrek....................

How someone hadn't listed this one is beyond me. I played it locally recently just to give it a try. I'd rather have been kicked in the groin as to continue playing it. Just terrible.

#312 8 years ago

Predator. It sucked. And lost people money. Talking about paying to get raped and not even feeling a thing.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Opinion backed up by other higher respected designers than the designer himself.

...Which makes it... an extra valuable opinion?

Sure, the guy produced his share of dogs, like Popeye. But even that game has its fans. Like always, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I love a lot of Oursler's games. Dracula, Doctor Who and Dirty Harry, to name a few.

#314 8 years ago

Pinbox 3000.
How can i make cheap money .

#315 8 years ago

Gottlieb Force II. What a waste of space in this go no where game with so little to even do....

What is the theme? Where is Force I? What are these aliens from? Who cares?

#316 8 years ago

This one.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

This one.
» YouTube video

No Sir. That was one of the coolest pinball machines ever made! I remember watching that show as a kid and it was just unbelievable to see the scale of that thing, and to see pinball on TV!

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Flipper Football because it does suck &

I played that for the first time at MGC, and really enjoyed it. The DMD animations,etc are better than what Stern currently has, and it's a fun challenge to get the silverball past the goalie. Playfield's a bit green, but the gameplay is solid.

#319 8 years ago

It's still Shaq Attack.....

#321 8 years ago

Out of the games I've played, I'd have to say SF2, did nothing for me...

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No Sir. That was one of the coolest pinball machines ever made! I remember watching that show as a kid and it was just unbelievable to see the scale of that thing, and to see pinball on TV!

And hey, for 1975, it had a digital display, and played background music!

#323 8 years ago

I got to finally see and try a Rolling Stones this weekend.. not saying the worst ever (sfII still has that honor) but what a TURD that game was.. the Mick Jagger scrolling across the center of the game.. wow was that a horrible design.

#324 8 years ago

The words is def going to be a vid, not a table. David's Midnight Magic. I think it was on C64. Maybe early versions of Windows too, it's hard to remember that far back.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I played that for the first time at MGC, and really enjoyed it. The DMD animations,etc are better than what Stern currently has, and it's a fun challenge to get the silverball past the goalie. Playfield's a bit green, but the gameplay is solid.

Pal of mine got it recently. Flipper Football is so misunderstood - what you need for it is 4-6 guys, pinheads or not, doesn't matter, and a lot of beer.

It's the best party pinball machine ever made. It's got the "playing in teams" thing right. It has short ball times, timed play and goes on to the next player after every goal or drain, leading to quick player rotation.

Also, soccer - I don't like it much, but this thing at least sounds like soccer. The cheers, the count down and the drums at half time. Can you imagine an WCS94 screaming "Burn that fucking goalie!" at you? This machine does.

Don't play it alone. Don't play it sober. Playing it alone and sober sucks.

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Hercules. For people who thought every other pinball machine on earth was not slow enough and had too many things to do.
» YouTube video

Fun for a game or two but that's it

#327 8 years ago

Saw someone finally mentioned El Toro. I feel its not fair to beat up on an EM, but damn, that is just a no imagination, slow moving piece of crap. Extra ball feels like a harsh penalty.

#328 8 years ago

Black Rose is the game I liked the least from the list of all the games I've owned.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's still Shaq Attack.....

ditto

#330 8 years ago

I've been working on a Raven and that's definitely the worst I've ever played now.

#331 8 years ago

Wwe stern for me last two decades. Just broken by lay out design. I cannot believe they kept it like this after testing. Cause any pinplayer can find out within 5 minutes going straight into the ring every plunge and rampshot is destroying the fun.

A 6k euro pro pinballgame which is so boring to play, players walk away after 1 ball or even during their first ball.

It is almost an accomplishment on itself.

#332 8 years ago

The X-Files. No flow at all, modes that make no sense, a cabinet that's broken extremely often on location, a kicker that doesn't work 90% of the time, and no rule depth at all. The only good thing I can think of is the fact that Scully's on the backglass and playfield art, otherwise this is a true flop if there ever was one. I guess the game looks really good in LEDs, but the rules and other features are so boring you have to skip it.

Also, Batman by Data East. Why is the ramp so close to the flippers? Why does it feel like the only callout in the game is "There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight"? Why are there Batman logos in the most inappropriate places? God I hate this machine.

#333 8 years ago

To get even more thumbs down I would like to nominate AGAIN

STTNG again and ST by STERN.

It just does click with me at all and god knows I have tried. Struggle to finish a game.
Bally one is playable though.
Sorry Trekkies.

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

To get even more thumbs down I would like to nominate AGAIN
STTNG again and ST by STERN.
It just does click with me at all and god knows I have tried. Struggle to finish a game.
Bally one is playable though.
Sorry Trekkies.

I guess that's why Steve Ritchie gets such a bad reputation - for making such terrible games.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Also, Batman by Data East. Why is the ramp so close to the flippers? Why does it feel like the only callout in the game is "There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight"? Why are there Batman logos in the most inappropriate places? God I hate this machine.

Bahaha... I love D.E. Batman.

But yes, the playfield layout is definitely gravitated to more of a novice player. Not sure what you by the last critique though???

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I guess that's why Steve Ritchie gets such a bad reputation - for making such terrible games.

Theme also has a lot to do with it too!
SR fan boys will be fan boys I guess.

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Bahaha... I love D.E. Batman.
But yes, the playfield layout is definitely gravitated to more of a novice player. Not sure what you by the last critique though???

The art of that game has a ton of Batman symbols thrown in the weirdest places. Even on top of the frikkin Flugelheim Museum for some reason.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

...Which makes it... an extra valuable opinion?
Sure, the guy produced his share of dogs, like Popeye. But even that game has its fans. Like always, it's in the eye of the beholder.
Personally, I love a lot of Oursler's games. Dracula, Doctor Who and Dirty Harry, to name a few.

If the majority of the deisigners together with 95% of the pinballworld recognize Popeye as one of the worst ever, togehter yes I´d say it´s a pretty more true than false opinion of the game.... Funny enough Junk Yard which he also did does not follow the unjustified too high player disadvantage with the gigantic outlane drain factor compared to his others (read PinBot, JackBot, Space Shuttle, Gorgar etc, etc, etc and the most ridiculous of them all, Dracula)...

#339 8 years ago

I got a DE batman once for free. I thought I'd hate it, so lined up a trade for it before I even got it. I actually thought it was pretty fun for some odd reason.

#340 8 years ago

I always thought Road Kings was terrible.

#341 8 years ago

It helps that I'm a huge Burton/Batman fanatic.

It's one of those pins that's not a chore to play either. Get a 10 or 20 minute game in and you're content.

#342 8 years ago

Actually guys, none of those machines are terrible. Vacation America is. /thread

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Actually guys, none of those machines are terrible. Vacation America is. /thread

never seen one, never want to

#344 8 years ago

Pinmame. No matter how much money you throw into building one. No matter how many tables it has. And no matter how much the graphics Improve.

Its still not pinball, and it sucks.

#345 8 years ago

Shaq attaq, no dowt-about-it!!!!!
F..... up gameplay yes but what about the callouts? Shoot the spinner, shoot the spinner, shoot the spinner, OMG shuttttttt uppppppp0pppp!!!

I wanna join in om Barry oursters games are not the greatest but John borg has also got some stinkers..

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Pinmame. No matter how much money you throw into building one. No matter how many tables it has. And no matter how much the graphics Improve.
Its still not pinball, and it sucks.

I had a bit of an argument over Pinmame vs TPA. Although Pinmame is free, TPA still is the best virtual pinball I have ever played. Not perfect of course, but living in southern Louisiana, it's the closest I have to the real thing except for the occasional trip.

Anyway, my worst table I have played has to be Street Fighter II. The table layout has no flow and several parts are designed to drain your ball without giving you any chance to save them.

#347 8 years ago

I'm just going to leave this here.

Watch at your own risk or you'll have nightmares about the ear piercing noises that come from this machine. Not to mention the PF lighting is all over the place and it looks like a whole bunch of random gameplay is happening.

Thanks to this video, i'll never take the HH system 80 beauty I own for granted.

#348 8 years ago

Often, disliking a game has more to do with not getting the game, or the game not being properly set up. There were games that I disliked, but when forced to play them in league, I have grown to like, or at least tolerate them. There isn't really a single game that I really hate. Episode 1 has a dull ruleset and layout, but at least the machine looks good and the integration of CG is pretty good, for example. Although, I never choose to play it, unless I have to in a league or tournament.

Of course, there are aspects of a game that can detract.

Poor artwork: Space Jam, Shaq Attack, Raven, Diamond Lady, DM.

Poor rules: SP, Episode 1, SW, Popeye, Rocky and Bullwinkle (in tournaments), IJ4.

Boring toys: CP, Popeye.

Poor theme: BBH, Nascar.

If I had to choose a least favorite, it is probably Popeye.

#349 8 years ago

I really don't like these 3 games star wars trilogy, theatre of magic and my least favorite tron

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from Sega:

Often, disliking a game has more to do with not getting the game, or the game not being properly set up.

Disagree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-game-ever/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.