darling-williams-pinball.jpg
nelson-bbpin.gif
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
RoGo.jpg
Playfield.jpg
Backglass.jpg
image.jpg
superstar.jpg
There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from skquinn:

Whirlwind only sucks if the upper flipper is weak or the ramp is stuck in the up position. If it's fully working it's a great game.

Not saying it sucks, I just don't care for it. But it's far far far from the worst pinball ever.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Well that's simple.....its gotta be The Walking De......wait, too soon? J/k I love me some walker killing. Come get some!

CARL!

#154 9 years ago

I see a bunch of my favorites in the worst pinball ever category:

Jubilee
Orbiter 1
Rogo

However, I think the dumbest idea in the history of pinball has to be Chicago Coin's Hi Score Pool... who thought building a pin where you couldn't even see the ball in play would be a good idea? Chicago Coin in general pretty much stinks all the way around as far as pinball goes - I didn't find any of their games much fun. I remember being bummed out when I was a kid if the only machine in a store was a Chi-coin pin.

Don O

#155 9 years ago

My personal worst has always been Gold Wings. I guess I just can't get past how ugly it is. I played it a bunch about 17 years ago when a local arcade had it. I know a lot of people go with Popeye, but since Python was a friend of mine, I think I need to try it again seriously some time to get a feel for it.

And I agree that IJ4 is pretty bad too. The first and last time I played it, I walked away from it and gave the game away with 3 balls left (2 that I won) and lots of points. It was just so boring.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

My personal worst has always been Gold Wings. I guess I just can't get past how ugly it is. I played it a bunch about 17 years ago when a local arcade had it.

Turns out all this time I had thought Gold Wings was Gottlieb's answer to F-14 (by Williams). And according to IPDB at least, I was wrong, as Gold Wings came out first. So if anything, it was the other way around.

I still don't get the hate for Gold Wings, however.

#157 9 years ago

I can only really speak honestly of the DMD era. I'm going with Striker Extreme.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I thought Corvette sucked.

Had a Corvette. I thought it had a lot of good shots and things to do. Racing is blast.

#159 9 years ago

DMD era Shaq Attak is a good choice. South Park and Stargate are all up there for me.

#160 9 years ago

I don't think SP is terrible. Bad, but not THAT bad. BBBB, XF, and JY come to mind as super disappointments

#161 9 years ago

Hmmm....XF is bad...I like the layout more than others though...but the art does take it down the the bottom quick.

#163 9 years ago

Wow, I'm surprised so many people don't like O1. I really dig that pin. Probably wouldn't pay what it sells for these days, but super cool idea that you know made tons of operators money just because of its uniqueness.

I actually think that just like there was more untapped life in the Pin2k format, there could have been further development made on the O1 format in a different game.

#164 9 years ago

Atari time 2000. Play that pin then play Hercules and the herc magically becomes fun.

#165 9 years ago

Prolly one of the Brunswick or other home market hack jobs. If it has a coin mech no way it's the worst ever.

#167 9 years ago

Spy Hunter for me.. punchy was lame, but it's for the kids!

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Wow, I'm surprised so many people don't like O1.

I wouldn't rate it the worst because it's so unique, but it is an absolute bore to play.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I dunno, Super Star seems pretty interesting and full-featured compared to Ro Go!

RoGo.jpg 88 KB

RoGo is a good playing game. When it was released, players played for highest score. There was strategy involved to get a score higher than others.

#170 9 years ago

I haven't been in the hobby long but I've had the chance to play probably 100 different games. Out of those the worst experiences have been Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball. A bunch of the pre 2010 Sterns haven't been enjoyable either but I'm sure given the chance to spend decent time with them I'd get to know and enjoy them too.

I totally agree with the comment that poorly set up and poorly maintained games can easily make a dog out of an enjoyable game. Unfortunately the most common candidates for poorly maintained games are Data Easts, which doesn't help their reputation. My JP played like a dream and was super fun but every other JP I've played since hasn't come close and really I struggled to enjoy them.

#171 9 years ago

I owned an SF2 and while certainly not in the, say, top 200 of machines, definitely not the bototm 10. It would be a decent game if there was no animations/delays, and an autoplunge.
I think most people try it a bit and walk away, having had most of the critiques they read fully confirmed. But once you get in to the later modes, the game gets super intense and is quite fun.

But considering that you can find them around $1k, they are a good budget pin.

#172 9 years ago

Lol...SF2 is not good even at 1k, seriously some games you just better off walking away from.

#173 9 years ago

Ready, Aim, Fire!- Disco Fever- Punchy the Clown...

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...SF2 is not good even at 1k, seriously some games you just better off walking away from.

You cannot win if you walk away...

Post edited by ThatsaKicker: Misquoted as I am a moron :7

#175 9 years ago

Qbert seems pointless after playing it once for the novelty... I hated Rescue 911 back in the day but it seems to have good reviews on ipdb so I may need to give it another look... Time Warp and Disco Fever with those ridiculous banana flippers are nearly unplayable... Sega Star Wars is a disaster...

Probably worse ones than these. Sega made some bad games, so did Premier. The worst Stern is probably Striker, worst Williams Popeye but they are still ok.

#176 9 years ago

Lotr did not even break 2k points...it sucked...or was that my fault lol. I have yet to find a machine I could not enjoy...have found many I would not buy but have enjoyed all I have played.

#177 9 years ago

I would buy a Shaq Attaq if I could re-theme it "Smaq-Attaq" and change the sounds to Dave Chapelle samples.

dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpgdr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Popeye by a country mile, friend has a mint condition one and I'll give it another try. To much clutter from the upper playfield, blocks view.

Of course its a turd, it even has a toilet seat on it.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Of course its a turd, it even has a toilet seat on it.

Yeah but other games with toilets are great. Top titles like South Park & Austin Pow....oh nevermind.

I do like JY though.

#180 9 years ago

Austin Powers is really not a bad game. Its ugly and the flippers suck but it is funny. South Park is OK for a while. Neither have legs to last very long. JY is fun but I don't think it has enough going for it to last a long time. I like a game with lots of stuff going on. Im a visual guy and I like to see stuff happening. I can sit and watch one of those things made from wire that looks like a roller coaster for pinballs for quite a while.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

JY is fun but I don't think it has enough going for it to last a long time.

Yeah I'd like to own it, but I'm sure I would get sick of it after awhile.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I owned an SF2 and while certainly not in the, say, top 200 of machines, definitely not the bototm 10. It would be a decent game if there was no animations/delays, and an autoplunge.
I think most people try it a bit and walk away, having had most of the critiques they read fully confirmed. But once you get in to the later modes, the game gets super intense and is quite fun.
But considering that you can find them around $1k, they are a good budget pin.

I disagree on the autoplunge. If forced to immediately play multiball after earning it, instead of getting a moment to take a break, I'd find the game much less enjoyable.

#183 9 years ago

I think it's funny that a few people on here have mentioned South Park. That was a very popular game for Sega in the late 90's and went toe to toe with Pin2K on location. Clearly not the worst pin ever.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Austin Powers is really not a bad game. Its ugly and the flippers suck but it is funny. South Park is OK for a while. Neither have legs to last very long. JY is fun but I don't think it has enough going for it to last a long time. I like a game with lots of stuff going on. Im a visual guy and I like to see stuff happening. I can sit and watch one of those things made from wire that looks like a roller coaster for pinballs for quite a while.

AP will be even better when they redo the PF artwork and call it TWD.

nelson-bbpin.gifnelson-bbpin.gif

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I think it's funny that a few people on here have mentioned South Park. That was a very popular game for Sega in the late 90's and went toe to toe with Pin2K on location.

Yes yes because popular always means good.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What could not be good about a southpark pin except for the fact the layout give little thought and the rules are barely there and the callouts become old quickly. Kick the baby, fart fart fart fart.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Generally. People didn't play it in droves because it was THE WORST PINBALL GAME EVER.

Stop trying so hard to "cool" and "alternative".

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, and William Shatner is a good actor.

#189 9 years ago

Stop trying so hard to "cool" and "alternative".

Ha, funny. People play the crap out of "claw games" too, doesn't make them cool. Many of us were there when the game came out, it wasn't a good machine then, it still isn't.
But hey, it went head to head with SWe1...so there's 2 proven great games.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, funny. People play the crap out of "claw games" too, doesn't make them cool. Many of us were there when the game came out, it wasn't a good machine then, it still isn't.
But hey, it went head to head with SWe1...so there's 2 proven great games.

Revenge from Mars was the Pin2K machine I was speaking of.

Claw machines aren't games....and aren't rated on their design and rules like a Pin is.

You love to bump your gums, but you are utterly clueless.

Now, go find your Mom. She has your meatloaf ready.

#191 9 years ago

There are quite a few bad ones but whoever linked Fish Tales to this thread is a complete and utter moron.

#192 9 years ago

Before I get into the topic of your standard quarter dropper in 1998, answer me this. How old were you in 1998?

Edit: my mother passed away some time ago.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Before I get into the topic of your standard quarter dropper in 1998, answer me this. How old were you in 1998?
Edit: my mother passed away some time ago.

If you're going to come to a gun fight, don't bring a knife.

#194 9 years ago

That's some e-peen you have there!

#195 9 years ago

Classy.

I always took you as a younger man, but anyway, Tons of monies in the 90s came from casual players, that don't care much aboot rules or the stuff Pinsiders do, they just like to hit the ball. So saying that it made a ton of monies from those types of folks doesn't factor in much to the "greatness" that is South Park; for me anyway.

#196 9 years ago

Around 1998 the Dave & Buster's (which was actually Jillian's at the time) had a MB and a South Park side-by-side. I played them the same amount and liked them about the same. I could tell MB was much higher quality, but I though SP was more fun. And before I get spanked, I was 34 in 1998 and had a kid on the way.

#197 9 years ago

Why do you even post here?

So many personal attacks, so much hatred when anyone disagrees with you.

#198 9 years ago

For me, I think it would have to be Black Hole. I understand the idea of wanting to do something completely different and I applaud the effort, but that one fell short for me in just about every way. Too easy to lose the ball and your game is over in a second if you don't know how to play it. I imagine this game caused more anger in arcades than most.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I would buy a Shaq Attaq if I could re-theme it "Smaq-Attaq" and change the sounds to Dave Chapelle samples.

dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jp... 20 KB

Shaq Attaq is a great game with the moving basket, basket points, the variable pressure target on the left. Only thing I would change is the goofy backglass and the color scheme since it was in the Orlando Magic blue and he dumped us for the Lakers. I had this for 11 years as my home game room machine until we sold it to convert it to a bedroom for my son. Now that I have room again, I would gladly buy another.

Worst game: I don't care for South Park, Sopranos, and any other games that feel foul language is appropriate in a game where people of all ages could enjoy.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from etchie:

For me, I think it would have to be Black Hole. I understand the idea of wanting to do something completely different and I applaud the effort, but that one fell short for me in just about every way. Too easy to lose the ball and your game is over in a second if you don't know how to play it. I imagine this game caused more anger in arcades than most.

It was a poor earner and was broken down an awful lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-game-ever/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.