darling-williams-pinball.jpg
nelson-bbpin.gif
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
RoGo.jpg
Playfield.jpg
Backglass.jpg
image.jpg
superstar.jpg
There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Wheel of Fortune. When you approach the machine first time, tempting to put a coin in and you look into that slick quiz masters' face, you walk away.

I actually liked WOF. I kept completely missing the plunger skill shot, but the game is not the turd that some people make it out to be. The Free Spin lanes at the bottom are an interesting touch, as is the flipper layout with two lanes down the middle.

#52 9 years ago

I nominate The Pin.

#53 9 years ago

Worst gameplay so far for me is Big Ben.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=232

#54 9 years ago

Hi-Score Pool.

#55 9 years ago

that Big Ben i can see what you mean.. its like the recent Sterns with an empty playfield lolol.

#56 9 years ago

Worst one I ever played? Street Fighter.

#57 9 years ago

I loved Orbitor 1. Super cool game, albeit not a whole lot to do other than be impressed with the physics. Popeye was pretty bad. I've never played the Ataris, but bummed that they were so bad because Atari was a great company at the time in the video game field.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

+1 to that. Also I remember Super Mario Bros being pretty crappy, as was TMNT when I played them when I was younger. That was a while ago though. If I come across them in the wild, I'll give them another shot.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I loved Orbitor 1. Super cool game, albeit not a whole lot to do other than be impressed with the physics. Popeye was pretty bad. I've never played the Ataris, but bummed that they were so bad because Atari was a great company at the time in the video game field.

Until recently, I didn't even know Atari made pinball games at one point. Were they really that turdtastic?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I agree Street Fighter 2 was the worst machine I have owned. The animations on it are not even attempts at doing something...

#61 9 years ago

TMNT is pretty bad... but thats more likely the condition of the game than the design. If you were to find one with a nice set of ramps it could be fun. Mine is nuts fast... I mean lightning... and higher end players love it at my house. For me its sentimental, thats the only reason I keep it. Heh. Would kill for a nice new set of repro ramps...

#62 9 years ago

Orbitor 1 is actually a great game once you figure out how to play it. It requires totally different skill than a regular pinball machine.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I agree street fighter 2 was the worst machine I have owned. The animations on it are not even attempts at doing something...

The animations are pretty lame, but the game play is pretty solid. I enjoyed playing it BITD, and I enjoy playing it now.

It's difficult for me to come up with one "worst game ever" just like I can't come up with just one all time favorite. I did play it a lot BITD, but Bad Cats has to be in the running now that I think of it. The one I played, it seemed like it spat out extra balls like some rednecks spit out used chewing tobacco. The 20 million shot on the last ball unbalanced the scoring completely and since I think Williams games of this era had a replay score maxing out at 9.9 million, you were basically guaranteed a replay if you hit it. I wasn't even a wizard then and I played what had to have been 30 minutes or so on two tokens (50 cents).

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I know some people like it, but I'd have a hard time not picking Shaq Attaq.
It's not just the theme. It's the sound too. It might be the only game I've ever left before the game was over.

I actually owned one for a while. There is so much going on in this pin, but its all thrown together horribly. The sound is the worst ever.

#65 9 years ago

Worst game I ever played was Big flipper. Avengers is a close second.

#66 9 years ago

Wizard of oz,bad game flow....

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

Sorry but no.
Not owning WoZ, not planning to buy one, not drinking the JJP potion or wearing pink glasses whenever WoZ or Hobbit pops up...

...but you can't say it is the worst pin ever. Because there are much, much worse choices for EM, early SS, late SS...
Ever played Pink Panther for example ??

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

Worst ever? Your trolling dude.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

STTNG , totally overrated, overpriced piece of poo! Maybe I just don't get it.
Yes I expect to get thumbs down, oh well, that's how I feel.

now that just plain silly...

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Another vote for SFII... I actually bought one in parts and did a full restore for my first time on this game, and should have left it dead where I got it from!

#71 9 years ago

I haven't played a ton of pins but out of what I personally played I'd have to say Avengers, cool theme but gameplay is so boring.

#72 9 years ago

I'm in the Hercules/Orbitor 1 band camp. The only time I ever played them was on location; Hercules at Hershey Park, PA and Orbitor 1 at a, now, defunct local mall arcade. I actually put money into each of these tables. Played them each one time for 50 cents a piece. Atari and Stern...I want my money back. :p

#73 9 years ago

What makes a game the 'worst'? Game play? Theme? Art Work? It is really your own opinion. Yes some are just poor playing machines. Art work that is so bad that makes me wonder, Who signed off on this one?

The one that would make me think it is the worst, is the last one that ate my money.

#74 9 years ago

i take back my Hercules answer and submit Rolling Stones. mick on a stick. no fun.

#75 9 years ago

Jurassic Park
I wouldn't play this pin if I were standing in front of it and someone filled it with quarters.

#76 9 years ago

I like street fighter 2...

#77 9 years ago

Disco Fever. Second worst, Roller Disco. Oh, did I mention I hate disco!

#78 9 years ago

WOZ no contest

#79 9 years ago

Rolling Stones, just plain ol lame.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from skquinn:

Until recently, I didn't even know Atari made pinball games at one point. Were they really that turdtastic?

no- they just made quiet a few wide bodies, and with poor rubber and wax they slow more than a smaller scale machine. properly set up there just as fun as other game makes of the era.

#81 9 years ago

Popeye by a country mile, friend has a mint condition one and I'll give it another try. To much clutter from the upper playfield, blocks view.

#82 9 years ago

Some old electromechanicals would get old faster than Street Fighter but I would still forgive some of them for their art. Most of the pinballs that made me angry were broken. I can't stand broken pinballs. Probably, the most popular pinball that completely disappointed me was Creech.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

South Park we can close this thread now.
I was at my brother-in-laws house he has just one pin and it's SP. I was so bored I wanted to play a few games, my god this game is a turd but maybe that's intentional since a turd is a major character and it's got a toilet as the main toy.
I will give the disclaimer that it was not in 100% condition so maybe it would not be the worst pinball if it was.

Yep, SP is a big steaming pile. What makes it worse is what could have actually been done with the theme!

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from PinDave:

Yep, SP is a big steaming pile. What makes it worse is what could have actually been done with the theme!

It was made too early in the series. It could be redone now because the show is now more than piss and fart jokes but that is what the show was at the start.

#85 9 years ago

I think Gold Wings is the worst game ever. But it's so hard to choose just one from the Premier line up.

I did a container deal once where I was supposed to get an AFM but I got a Shaq Attack instead! Talk about the biggest gap in quality ever! Needless to say there were serious words involved.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

It was made too early in the series. It could be redone now because the show is now more than piss and fart jokes but that is what the show was at the start.

I would very much be interested in an updated version of this game, there is so much new stuff they could add, and I bet it would be a location winner by a ton!

#88 9 years ago

Ive never played a pin that wasnt fun.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think Gold Wings is the worst game ever. But it's so hard to choose just one from the Premier line up.
I did a container deal once where I was supposed to get an AFM but I got a Shaq Attack instead! Talk about the biggest gap in quality ever! Needless to say there were serious words involved.

Would that be like getting the family truckster from the Vacation movie when you ordered the sports model in metallic blue??

#90 9 years ago

For DMD, it's a tie between SF2 and Xfiles. for old ones, there are a ton of bad ones out there.

#91 9 years ago

Spy Hunter is pretty lame with that big drain out the side.

For art it would have to be some of those 80's Gottliebs. Hard Bodies, Genesis, Monty Carlo, etc

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I would very much be interested in an updated version of this game, there is so much new stuff they could add, and I bet it would be a location winner by a ton!

Although I do find Southpark some what funny, ok, sometimes very funny. The pin does nothing for me. I do not understand having Mr. Hanky, as a large feature on the game.

#93 9 years ago

I linked Popeye. It's just boring as __k!
And who thought up that mode to guide sweat pea thru the maze by making the 3 lane shots on the upper playfield?
I had a hard time doing it with the glass off.
Any papa guys able to do this with the glass ON?
Just completely idiotic IMHO.
slow lethargic and uninspired are my words for it.
ack!

My runner up? Waterworld.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#95 9 years ago

I'm in agreement on Street Fighter 2, I can't stand Rollergames either....

#96 9 years ago

Quoted from rcbrown316:now that just plain silly...

Maybe, but a close second is the Stern Star Trek,
It is my true opinion, I really don't get the hype or love for these?
Sorry.
I do love my GI and BBH though, figure that out

#97 9 years ago

My # 1 dUD , is Twister ... I'll Never own it again !!!! I Hate LOTR also it's # 2 , but I will buy it 2 Trade ..

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My # 1 dUD , is Twister ... I'll Never own it again !!!! I Hate LOTR also it's # 2 , but I will buy it 2 Trade ..

What are you talking about? Twister quite possibly has one of the best toys in pinball with the spinning multiball start.

In full disclosure, I own it and love mine. Probably because of all the ties it has in it to Oklahoma.

Sorry you didn't like yours but to call it the worst pinball is plain silly IMO.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For DMD, it's a tie between SF2 and Xfiles. for old ones, there are a ton of bad ones out there.

I forgot about X-Files. There's one on route here and basically everything about the game is a stinker IMHO.

For modern Bally/WMS games, I am surprised no one has said Hurricane. What a one trick pony. And then there is Stern's NBA...the purposely stripped down dog that was supposed to sell big in Asia.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I linked Popeye. It's just boring as _k!
And who thought up that mode to guide sweat pea thru the maze by making the 3 lane shots on the upper playfield?
I had a hard time doing it with the glass off.
Any papa guys able to do this with the glass ON?
Just completely idiotic IMHO.
slow lethargic and uninspired are my words for it.
ack!
My runner up? Waterworld.

Popeye is actually really fun when you learn what to do. There's a lot of strategy and the game is not easy. People are way to quick to dismiss it and many who dismiss it have never even played more than a couple games on it...if any games at all. The Sweet Pea video mode maze is the a really unique interactive video mode and it is damn hard. Really cool idea to have the shots correspond to movement in the video mode. I have done it before, but it is so difficult I think it should be worth more points than it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 75.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-game-ever/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.