(Topic ID: 42571)

WORST ->> Pinball buying mistake you ever made ?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 200 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DavidCPA
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 11 years ago

I've lost some money overpaying for unpopular Bally games when I was a newbie. I lost $300 each on X's and O's and Vector. I probably should have kept X's and O's; it was a fun pin.

#15 11 years ago

Actually the biggest buying mistake I ever made was passing up a TOTAN for $3k about 6-7 years ago, just because it was filthy. It probably would have cleaned up well enough to be a $6k pin.

All my worst mistakes were selling: $2500 WH2O, $2300 TZ...

1 month later
#151 10 years ago

Ugh, it hurt to read that LOTR story, Panzer!

This doesn't really qualify as a buying mistake, but I traded a really nice Blackout for a kinda beat-up Sorcerer. I'd swapped in a new CC'ed playfield, so it was sweet. This started out as a temp trade, but I fell in love with Sorcerer and told the guy to keep Blackout. I was planning to look for a new playfield for Sorcerer, but eventually gave up and sold it for $500.

Net loss: $500, and 30+ hours of my swap labor.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

passing on a TOTAN for 3500 because i lived in a tiny house and thought 3500 was more than i should spend for a pin. .

Very similar - passing on a TOTAN for $3000 because the homeowner was not a pin collector, and the game was filthy. But I think TOTAN was going for $2500 in very good condition, at the time. Damn I'm old.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-buying-mistake-you-ever-made?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.