(Topic ID: 42571)

WORST ->> Pinball buying mistake you ever made ?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 200 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DavidCPA
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottinsgfny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

Thinking I would like a South Park in my collection...

1 month later
#156 11 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Placed an ad to buy a pin. Guy calls me, says he has a STTNG he wants to sell for $1400. Went to look at it, it had a couple of issues with the right cannon getting stuck, translite was a poster behind glass (maybe was made new that way...still not sure) with 2 cat claw looking tears, bottom of the legs a little rusty (think their dog had hiked his leg on them in the past), and pf needed a good cleaning. Told him I was concerned about the cost to make everything right and would call him tomorrow after talking to a "friend" of mine. Called him the next day, told him my "friend" said to pass due to neccessary repairs. He asked if he were to knock a couple hundred dollars off if that would help. I said I still wasn't comfortable at $1200, he asked if I would pay $1100. I told him make it a $1000 and I'll pick it up today with the cash. He hesitated and said he couldn't go that low. Having just bought a great condition HS2TG a couple of months earlier for $1200 as my first pin, being new to the hobby and not really knowing what the STTNG was really worth, I passed at his $1100 price! I STILL TO THIS DAY LOSE SLEEP OVER THAT ONE!!!

You're a pinhead.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottinsgfny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-buying-mistake-you-ever-made?tu=scottinsgfny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.