(Topic ID: 42571)

WORST ->> Pinball buying mistake you ever made ?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 200 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DavidCPA
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Bought a Creech with a half-assed restore job for the price of the whole ass.

So did you turn the other cheek? Sorry, I guess you couldn't with only one cheek...

Dan

#101 11 years ago

Buying from Mr. Potato Head.

Dan

#105 11 years ago

The Birth of Mr. Potato Head.

So I am sitting there tonight watching the Flyers lose ultimately to the Penguins. A commercial for Flex Seal comes on and it suddenly strikes me that the guy hawking it on the commercial looks a lot like my good friend Ed (Strohz99). Ed is always very happy and joyful, a real pleasure to be around.

Anyway, I copy the link with a video clip and send it to Ed and a mutual pinfriend that this is either Ed in the future, his doppleganger or long lost older brother.

Ed replies that it is his long lost Polish relative and that he could probably help me sell my CC for 15 K! He then asks me what the deal with the Idaho-spud. I absolutely crack up as that triggers the new name for my favorite seller-Mr. Potato Head!

Dan

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I can't really say I've made a bad mistake buying... CFTBL was not for me, but I got it at a good price, and traded for a nice TSPP, which was great. Wouldn't have got the TSPP without the CFTBL, so still a good buy.
As for selling... There isn't a day that goes by that I wish I hadn't have sold my DM to fund my LOTR... Damn you Paul, you've had your fun, give it back!

HAH! so you admit that Creech has been a blessing!!

(you seemed so disappointed that I haven't jumped into any recent anti-creech commentary)

One for old times, my friend.

Dan

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Once it was gone, yes, I agree, it turned out well. Althought the satisfaction I would have got from TNT'ing it off a building would have been worth the price tag as well, so you be the judge

Have you seen the video of the retainer chucking old pins off the roof?

Dan

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

paid full price for a wwf,which was banged up,could have got a nice one if i waited,but it is my first pin,the positives are that i learnt abit trying to fix it,about what a difference abit of powder coat on the rails and legs can make,mylar and touch ups,and re rubbering and cleaning,and i learnt alot from this sight and the kind people around that are involved in this hobby,who took the time to take photos and help with suggesstions on what the problem was,so i guessed if it wasnt so wrecked i wouldnt have found pinside,which i am very greatful for,coz i dont know anyone into pinball,so i live and learn an hope i know a little more what to look for when i buy my next one some time this year..

Great perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-buying-mistake-you-ever-made?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.