(Topic ID: 42571)

WORST ->> Pinball buying mistake you ever made ?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 200 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DavidCPA
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So many offers out there that pop up on CL, ebay, etc from time to time ...

What's the WORST Pinball buying mistake you ever made?

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Ebay most of you know this story. =(

Don't know the story but sounds like it was a disastrous one ...

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from GWalton:

My worst buying mistake was not buying a hell of a lot more pins in the mid 90's when I got started. Never would have dreamed any machine would go for over 3 or 4 grand at the time.

True Dat !!

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Putting a 50% deposit down on a WOZECLE instead of buying a NIB TRON LE.

I bet a few folks feel that way .....

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Getting into this hobby

That can't be it!
Other than it can certainly get a little expensive at times ... Right!

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Buying from Curly.

Do tell?

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

I bought Southpark when I was a newbie. Thats one depressing game.

Ouch ....

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

We could make an entire thread about this. However, it's like the mafia...I don't want to end up swimming with the fishies!

Totally understand ,,,

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

worst mistake: buying my first pin
best mistake: buying my first pin

For sure ...
It can be addictive ...

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Realizing drinking and ebay bidding don't mix well. A few beers with my dad and what started out at a reasonably priced, easily donate-able game quickly became 1500$...for a game in not so great condition.blockquote>

Don't Drink & Bid!

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Selling 24, it was soooo nice, but needed the money for TRON.

Bummer -- I'm looking for 24 as well.
I'm sure your happy with Tron though.

1 month later
#143 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

My worst mistake is also one of my best. Over 10 years ago now, I bought a Space Station at auction. The auctioneer screwed me on it (I wasn't the top bidder, but he said I was, I decided it was close enough to what I had said so why not), I vastly overpaid ($1200+), it was in crap shape and fell apart after about two weeks. I then started trying to fix it...
I've put over $1800 in parts into it, and it still looks like crud. If I was going to sell it in today's market, I'd be lucky to get $800 for it.
But... I met SO many people buying parts and trying to fix it that are still friends with me today, and who have helped me to find a million and one deals since then. Thanks to that overpriced SS, I rarely paid over 75% of "fair market value" at any given point on a pin since then.

So at the end of the day ... a Bad purchase turned out to be a win in the long run.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Worst purchase was game #1, a T2. Now 5 years later and after going through hundreds of pins what else would I do with my free time.

Nice

7 months later
#213 10 years ago

Some of these are hard to read .... Ouch.

#216 10 years ago

Hurts to read that CC story ... Dang ..... What a miss.

4 months later
#217 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I bought X-men LE (Wolverine) new in box. It is not a regret that I own it, but rather how much I paid for it.
With all the release problems well chronicled, and the steady depreciation, I could have had a HUO machine for 1300 - 1500 less, with mods.
I loved the theme and layout when I played it at CAX last year, so it was not a blind purchase. With the hype and no premiums for it, I jumped on it thinking the initial NIB price would be the bargain price.

So, its been a while .... do you feel better about that X-Men purchase yet? I hear some do ...

4 months later
#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Hi, My name is Don and I am a South Park owner. (Everyone: "Hi Don")
I have 30 games currently, been in this hobby for over 25 years, so I thought I knew what I was doing. Apparently I can't smell a turd. I love SP (game and show), and everything Trey and Matt (puppet sex!). Guess that blinded me. I laugh every time I play the game (Super Fart Bumpers!). Not good enough to beat it every time. Oh well, I sold off Dolly Parton ages ago, that one I could smell!
Don C.

Lol ... "Hi Don"

9 months later
#235 8 years ago

Predator .....
I'm guessing this could be added to this topic for some.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pinball-buying-mistake-you-ever-made?tu=Beez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.