(Topic ID: 41593)

Worst Pin made post 1990?

By rmancini

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 11 years ago

Twister is a big turd for me. Sometimes, even when I've been killing the machine, I kind of just want my ball to drain so I can walk away and play something else.

#33 11 years ago

I have to agree with SWE1 as well. I played my first round of that a few weeks ago and it was horrid. To me, that just isn't pinball -- it was like glorified pong with bad callouts.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

Popeye is a great pin. Just needs to be maintained well, and have some fresh flippers with the correct Blue solenoids in the main flippers, when setup correctly it is not the slow boring pin some people claim it is. If the lockup in Bluto's mouth is not working correctly, the animal diverter is not setup at the correct angle, or wrong strength solenoids in either the upper or main flippers it is not as enjoyable as it should be. A properly setup Popeye will keep you coming back for more and more. The item 4 ball multi-ball is so hard yet so rewarding if you can keep track of multiple balls on both play fields upper and lower, and the 6 ball wizard mode is really amazing! The Bluto 3 ball multi ball bas huge potential but is hard to keep going sometimes. But most people will not play enough to appreciate all the different game modes and certainly not all of the awesome and hilarious art work all over the play field and plastics. Much deeper and satisfying game then most people will ever know.

It wouldn't surprise me if Popeye eventually becomes one of those hyped games a year or so from now like some people mentioned about Congo in year's past. It's a widebody Python Angelo pin with a decent theme, mini-playfield, decent artwork and some interesting modes/shots. I like it alright, don't think it's great or terrible; however, it has the right mix to become the "hot pin" in the future. I'll chuckle a little inside when they are going for $2700-3k on here

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

The worst I've owned is WHO dunnit.

I actually kind of like Who dunnit, but it does have some of the longest ball times in the world. I can play a three-ball for an hour on that machine.

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Heh... I'm kind of looking for one.

One for sale soon in VA I heard about. Guy's asking $1500. I don't know the value of these pin as well as others, so not sure if this is good, bad or ugly on the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-pin-made-post-1990?tu=the_director and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.