6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sterlingpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

X-files.....only game I walked away from

I agree. As a X-Files show fan, that pin sucked.

#52 6 years ago

Freddy

#53 6 years ago

Maverick is one of the worst pins I have ever played. I can see if there are those who really like drop targets. For me it just doesn't cut it.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I know how you feel... I bought one NIB simply because it was $2600 shipped and knew it would be my only NIB purchase ever because of the costs of NIB..

The only thing I ever bought NIB (besides Black Sabbath) was a 1986 Toyota 4x4. Everything else was used or hand me down. I can live with that, as long as the previous owner took good care and maintained the items I purchase, like the 2001 Toyota pre-runner I got several years ago with 95,000 miles on it, which I'm still drivin', and most of the pins in my collection (note- I said most).

#55 6 years ago

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball and Popeye. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can't believe no one has said it yet: Shaq Attack

I said it and beat you to it

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Popeye, Waterworld, and a few others could qualify, but that distinction belongs to Gottlieb's Barb Wire.

I couldn't agree more. The game sucks a**!

#58 6 years ago

Nobody's mentioned Godzilla on this thread, so is that a go?

#59 6 years ago

A lot of the now popular B titles were mostly turds about 12~15 years ago.

Collectors couldn't afford the A titles and started to buy up the B titles.

Prices rose and now the prices of the B titles (turds) are where the A titles were back in 1998-2000.

To me, they're still turds. Popularity now distorts that.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

A lot of the now popular B titles were mostly turds about 12~15 years ago.

Collectors couldn't afford the A titles and started to buy up the B titles.

Prices rose and now the prices of the B titles (turds) are where the A titles were back in 1998-2000.

To me, they're still turds. Popularity now distorts that.

Are we just pretending that they are now good?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are we just pretending that they are now good?

Exactly!!!!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nobody's mentioned Godzilla on this thread, so is that a go?

I think there are worse games but the music is just aweful. Hard to believe that game was made in 98...

#64 6 years ago

Gottlieb Silver Slugger is frighteningly bad. It's basically a late 70s solid state layout, but with those horrible gottlieb flippers.

#65 6 years ago

hmm. need to play more pinball so I can find the golden turd

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To this day, Star Wars Trilogy is the only game I have ever walked away from.

It's my first pin. I just shopped it, my loves it. It's a keeper for me.

#67 6 years ago

twister

#68 6 years ago

Jesuzzzz. TOTAN is on here too. I quit. Just kidding. You gotta have it to love it. Most beautiful.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Jesuzzzz. TOTAN is on here too. I quit. Just kidding. You gotta have it to love it. Most beautiful.

I love the fact that we can debate this and surpisingly its stayed pretty civil (so far). I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that hate TOTAN. Personally, I like it but don't love it. There are some real stinkers out there but I really think there are positive things about every machine. But the worst one I have ever played is Rescue 911. Sadly its in my collection right now...

#70 6 years ago

IMO, either X-Files, Bugs Bunny, Harley Davidson (Sega/Stern versions), SWE1, or (sorry guys..) Black Rose.

#71 6 years ago

I remember a friend was trying to convince me to buy an expensive 'Popeye' off ebay as a first game, said everyone could relate to it would be easy to re sell..... so glad I didn't listen to him.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The year 2001 was *the* year to get some minty TOTANs for about $1500 each!!!

Numerous collectors were selling them off after post 9/11.

Fifteen of the nineteen hijackers in the September 11 attacks were citizens of Saudi Arabia.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I remember a friend was trying to convince me to buy an expensive 'Popeye' off ebay as a first game, said everyone could relate to it would be easy to re sell..... so glad I didn't listen to him.

Popeye is a great pin. Just needs to be maintained well, and have some fresh flippers with the correct Blue solenoids in the main flippers, when setup correctly it is not the slow boring pin some people claim it is. If the lockup in Bluto's mouth is not working correctly, the animal diverter is not setup at the correct angle, or wrong strength solenoids in either the upper or main flippers it is not as enjoyable as it should be. A properly setup Popeye will keep you coming back for more and more. The item 4 ball multi-ball is so hard yet so rewarding if you can keep track of multiple balls on both play fields upper and lower, and the 6 ball wizard mode is really amazing! The Bluto 3 ball multi ball bas huge potential but is hard to keep going sometimes. But most people will not play enough to appreciate all the different game modes and certainly not all of the awesome and hilarious art work all over the play field and plastics. Much deeper and satisfying game then most people will ever know.

#74 6 years ago

"Popeye is a great pin"...says the guy who owns one. It's not as bad as some, but its near the bottom of the barrel for sure!

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wheel of Fortune is so bad, I just walked by, and it was on free play!

I probably would have done the same if it was a pay machine. Didn't like the look at first glance.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If you just walked by it and have never played it, that is too bad.... the game is amazing...

Then I played the game at ralphwiggum's, and I have to admit I ended up liking it because it was different. Also because I beat ralphwiggum at it. Once. Fun game!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've done that to TOTAN everytime. What a boring, overrated ,overpriced piece of shit that one is.

Easy tiger ! If you offered me Gladiators,Big Hurt or Twister for free.I would politely decline the invitation.

Look at that.My opinion is as valid as yours.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Yep, I just played Twister and kicked TOTAN to the curb.
Maybe it will get picked up before trash day.

#78 6 years ago

Wow Shrek is Family Guy and every one says that is a great game?

#79 6 years ago

Shaq Attaq is craptacular...

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The year 2001 was *the* year to get some minty TOTANs for about $1500 each!!!
Numerous collectors were selling them off after post 9/11.
Fifteen of the nineteen hijackers in the September 11 attacks were citizens of Saudi Arabia.

Yea! After 911, I stayed at the new Aladdin Hotel in Vegas. It was AWESOME! However, nobody else would stay there because of the theme! It's like we had the whole place to ourselves! And it was less than $100 a night! Brand new! I think it went into chapter 11 before it even opened. Sadly, it closed, and reopened as Planet Hollywood! Baaaad timing!!!

#81 6 years ago

Harley Davidson I find to be pretty bad, to me.....

#83 6 years ago

DM, Gladiators, Xfiles, TMNT, Popeye,

#84 6 years ago

Although iam one of the few that likes the movie,Water world is by far the worst pin ever, same one shot over and over. Wouldn't even take one for free. Striker extreme would be my number two also.

#86 6 years ago

TMNT, because of the rules.

#87 6 years ago

I agree with totan too and yes I have owned it, nice looking game but 5k over rated for sure. After that, rescue 911,shaq.

#88 6 years ago

water world , batman data east

#89 6 years ago

Maybe it's just me bacause it hasn't been brought up yet, but Street Fighter II is the only game I have walked away from. What an absolute shitfest that game is.

#90 6 years ago

NGG really? wow,that's a credible response. You need to re arrange your personal rating list.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I agree with totan too and yes I have owned it, nice looking game but 5k over rated for sure. After that, Rescue 911,shaq.

It's not a price thread, it's a gameplay thread! Every game is overpriced right now!

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I owned a TotAN last year, and plan to own one again someday. I sold it because it had a much shallower rule set then a couple other games I had (ie I kept beating it all the time), and I was ready to mix things up a bit. I used some of the sale money to get a really nice STTNG. It's a great pin for looks and for average players though!

+1. What a one shot game. backwards playfield is cool, but the rules are absolutely terrible. Just shoot the hole. over and over again. 10 mins later... Oh Yay! 50 million!

#93 6 years ago

Gottlieb Strikes N' Spares, although I'm not really sure it counts as a pinball even though it looks like one. It sucks beyond measure.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Gottlieb Strikes N' Spares, although I'm not really sure it counts as a pinball even though it looks like one. It sucks beyond measure.

It sucks if you think it's a pinball.

I don't like it, but my wife and brother love it. They're not so big on pinball, either.

#95 6 years ago

SOUTH. PARK.

South Park. What a failure on all levels.

#97 6 years ago

Stryker extreme is pretty crap. The sounds are so off, it has random machine gun noises and yeah, it just sucks.

#98 6 years ago

afm mm cc and x files

#99 6 years ago

Absolutely! Prime example of a great theme being ruined by horrible game play.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

Popeye is a great pin. Just needs to be maintained well, and have some fresh flippers with the correct Blue solenoids in the main flippers, when setup correctly it is not the slow boring pin some people claim it is. If the lockup in Bluto's mouth is not working correctly, the animal diverter is not setup at the correct angle, or wrong strength solenoids in either the upper or main flippers it is not as enjoyable as it should be. A properly setup Popeye will keep you coming back for more and more. The item 4 ball multi-ball is so hard yet so rewarding if you can keep track of multiple balls on both play fields upper and lower, and the 6 ball wizard mode is really amazing! The Bluto 3 ball multi ball bas huge potential but is hard to keep going sometimes. But most people will not play enough to appreciate all the different game modes and certainly not all of the awesome and hilarious art work all over the play field and plastics. Much deeper and satisfying game then most people will ever know.

It wouldn't surprise me if Popeye eventually becomes one of those hyped games a year or so from now like some people mentioned about Congo in year's past. It's a widebody Python Angelo pin with a decent theme, mini-playfield, decent artwork and some interesting modes/shots. I like it alright, don't think it's great or terrible; however, it has the right mix to become the "hot pin" in the future. I'll chuckle a little inside when they are going for $2700-3k on here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lemoore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mountville, PA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 64.00
$ 7,499.00
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside