6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sterlingpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Just see what everyone's thoughts were. What's the worst pin post 1990?

#2 6 years ago

waterworld

I am sure there are worse but do not really like this title at all.

#3 6 years ago

10 years ago, everyone said it was Congo, and look at the demand now. I think Waterworld is fun.

#4 6 years ago

Popeye. Sorry Popeye fans.

#5 6 years ago

There are so many choices here but nobody thinks of them because they are so bad they are out of collective conscience. Plus, most people haven't played them.
I will go with Cactus Jacks. What a turd.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

10 years ago, everyone said it was Congo, and look at the demand now. I think Waterworld is fun.

Post a artsy picture of a naked woman in high heels playing Waterworld and watch it get a lot more popular. Just like...Congo

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I can't wait to see if this happens to 'Popeye'!

Waterworld IS terrible.

If you eliminate Premier brand games from the equation, I don't think there are that many TERRIBLE pins. I think you got them early in the thread: Popeye and Waterworld. Most of Premier's problems are due to the flippers--the 90 degree travel on them ruins any fun.

#8 6 years ago

Freddy was and still is horrible!

#10 6 years ago

If Congo has become an in demand title, I love it because that leaves better titles for the rest of us! Congo isn't quite that bad though.
Waterworld is pretty bad but I haven't played one in real life, so I can only assume by looking at the layout. People & places I come in contact with actually have taste & don't have crappy titles usually!

Popeye gets a bump for me if only because it is of the "superpin" bloodline & looks to be a fun flip & could be decent in a larger collection.
So... Gilligan's is probably the worst B/W I can think of. Overall I might have to give the worst title to Robocop. TMNT & Space Jam are pretty bad from DE. & for Sega, X-Files is a waste. Star Wars Trilogy & Lost in Space are pretty bad too apparently, haven't played those ones personally though.

Of course Stern has a number of bad games too.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

There are so many choices here but nobody thinks of them because they are so bad they are out of collective conscience. Plus, most people haven't played them.
I will go with Cactus Jacks. What a turd.

I found cactus jacks fun the times I've gotten to play it. What about shaq attaq? I'm a huge basketball fan and a shaq fan but even I got bored of this quick

#13 6 years ago

Lost in Space can't be the worst pin simply because the insane multiball "power up" is so cool the first few times you see it.

I'll agree that the ultimate loser will probably come from the Premier line.

-Steve

#14 6 years ago

The only bad pin ever made is the design never to see the light of day. Honestly--- any pin has something going for it. ~SpOoKy

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Just see what everyone's thoughts were. What's the worst pin post 1990?

Popeye, Waterworld, and a few others could qualify, but that distinction belongs to Gottlieb's Barb Wire.

#16 6 years ago

Shaq is bad but I think CJ is worse. There is no way anybody could convince me that CJ is even half a turd. There is an arcade by my parent's house and CJ is usually the only pin which works. Probably because nobody ever plays it. So every time I go to that arcade I put a few quarters in just to see if I will change my mind. But every time I finish thinking this is the worse game I ever played. There are a lot of so called crappy games I have never played so I won't talk about those. But CJ is the bottom of the barrel for me.
TMNT and BBBB are barrel scrapers too.
Edit: Come to think of it, BBBB would have to be the worst game I have ever played. It is sooooo boring and the layout is just crap. And not little bunny crap either. Yup, gonna have to put this ahead of CJ as the biggest turd.

#18 6 years ago

Of the games I have played, I'd go with Rescue 911.

#19 6 years ago

X-Files.....only game I walked away from

#20 6 years ago

Waterworld really isn't that bad. I think it gets a stigma attached to it because of the theme. I also kinda like the movie. My guess is that if it was any other theme, people would love it.

I personally hate every basketball themed pin. I won't play one even if it's the only pin in sight.

#21 6 years ago

Twister is a big turd for me. Sometimes, even when I've been killing the machine, I kind of just want my ball to drain so I can walk away and play something else.

#22 6 years ago

Monopoly. I cant stand that tiny roundabout flipper.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from KC_Masterpiece:

I can't wait to see if this happens to 'Popeye'!
Waterworld IS terrible.
If you eliminate Premier brand games from the equation, I don't think there are that many TERRIBLE pins. I think you got them early in the thread: Popeye and Waterworld. Most of Premier's problems are due to the flippers--the 90 degree travel on them ruins any fun.

You can't throw all of the Premier games under the bus like that. Stargate is a really good game. As for the rest of them.......yeah maybe.

#25 6 years ago

That Hulk game is pretty crappy. I've never seen the ball get stuck so many times.

#26 6 years ago

Wipe Out
Freddy
Shaq

Those all come to mind. 90's Gottliebs are rough.

#27 6 years ago

Gilligan's island.

Seriously, the worst? I just can't respect that opinion. Boooooooo!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I cant stand that tiny roundabout flipper.

I'm with you on that point. I hate that stupid f'n spinning flipper. Ruins the whole pin (IMHO)

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I'll take my Gladiators and Big Hurt over some of Sterns and Williams lemons anyday!

#31 6 years ago

Gladiators is pretty good! There are some exceptions in the 90's Gottliebs for sure.

#33 6 years ago

I have to agree with SWE1 as well. I played my first round of that a few weeks ago and it was horrid. To me, that just isn't pinball -- it was like glorified pong with bad callouts.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Gladators is pretty good! There are some exceptions in the 90's Gottliebs for sure.

Thanks. That machine never gets any respect, but pinball is about having fun, and man, that thing is wicked fun.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Wipe Out
FREDDY
Shaq

Totally agree with this. I think Congo is a great game. Waterworld sucked but there are worse Gotliebs.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Totally agree with this. I think Congo is a great game. Waterworld sucked but there are worse Gotliebs.

And all the Sterns since then are works of art? I'll take my Gottliebs anyday!

#38 6 years ago

To this day, Star Wars Trilogy is the only game I have ever walked away from.

#39 6 years ago

Can't believe no one has said it yet: Shaq Attack

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Monopoly. I cant stand that tiny roundabout flipper.

Played this one for the first time recently. While not great, there is no way I see it as "the worst since 1990".

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To this day, Star Wars Trilogy is the only game I have ever walked away from.

I've done that to TOTAN everytime. What a boring, overrated ,overpriced piece of shit that one is.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've done that to TOTAN everytime. What a boring, overrated overpriced piece of shit that one is.

Agreed. It's only on my wishlist because my mother wants one.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Agreed. It's only on my wishlist because my mother wants one.

As long as it replaces the exercise bike and not one of your three pins, I think its OK. But I think I'd rather have an exercise bike!

#44 6 years ago

Data East Batman. Shots are SUPER easy. I literally like to play it with my eyes closed

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

FREDDY was and still is horrible!

Couldn't agree more. The theme has such potential but this game is pure turd. Mario Andretti, Bone Busters, Freddy all premier firewood.

How bout Riverboat Gambler or Wheel of Fortune?

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Played this one for the first time recently. While not great, there is no way I see it as "the worst since 1990".

Totally agree ... No way is this anywhere near the worst.

#47 6 years ago

Wheel of fortune is so bad, I just walked by, and it was on free play!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wheel of Fortune is so bad, I just walked by, and it was on free play

If you just walked by it and have never played it, that is too bad.... the game is amazing...

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If you just walked by it and have never played it, that is too bad.... the game is amazing...

My bad!

#50 6 years ago

I know how you feel... I bought one NIB simply because it was $2600 shipped and knew it would be my only NIB purchase ever because of the costs of NIB....I was more than pleasantly surprised....

I am also a sucker for a ton of different System 3s (I think I have owned nearly all of them), so I may just have bad taste...LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Machine - For Sale
Mountville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 269.99
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside