Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16001801 (resized).jpg
3593f1-600x790-1 (resized).jpg
BSD (resized).JPG
Johnny (resized).JPG
Shadow (resized).JPG
Congo (resized).JPG
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't see why you have to mention the 80s. 80s were lame compared to the 90s. Demo Man is pure 90s action cheese.

well we are big fans of Chuck Norris (MIA series, Octagon, Breaker Breaker,exc.). Also Stallon had some great action movies from the late 80's. Cobra immediately comes to mind.

Thanks
Blake

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

well we are big fans of Chuck Norris (MIA series, Octagon, Breaker Breaker,exc.). Also Stallon had some great action movies from the late 80's. Cobra immediately comes to mind.

Thanks
Blake

Oh yeah, thanks for refreshing my memory.

There really were a few gems that came out of the wasteland otherwise known as the 1980s. But overall it has to be the worst decade I ever lived through. I wouldn't go back there if you paid me.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Thanks
Blake

Don't forget Schwartzenegger movies Terminator, Commando, Predator
Also Aliens, The Thing, FX and FX2, Die Hard, Eastwood in The Dead Pool, Top Gun, Blue Thunder the Shatner Star Trek movies and so many more I just can't think of right now.

Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah, thanks for refreshing my memory.
There really were a few gems that came out of the wasteland otherwise known as the 1980s. But overall it has to be the worst decade I ever lived through. I wouldn't go back there if you paid me.

That's OK o-din, I loved the 80's and I'll gladly go back there in your place.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Also Aliens, The Thing, FX and FX2, Die Hard, Eastwood in The Dead Pool, Top Gun, Blue Thunder the Shatner Star Trek movies and so many more I just can't think of right now.

FX great movie

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

yes schwartzenegger is right at the top of our list. My son is a huge predator fan. We love quoting it "Get to the choppa!!!!"

thanks
Blake

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I loved the 80's and I'll gladly go back there in your place.

Good! You go work the 60 hour weeks, and live in the most stressful times we've had with some clown actor who can't remember his lines turning our country into a deep in debt joke, and watch all the snotty spoiled rotten kids whose parents don't give shit about them, pretend they are living the dream.
And I'll stay right here, thank you very much!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good! You go work the 60 hour weeks, and live in the most stressful times ...

Oh, the good old days where 60 hours is all that was expected of you. Hard to find someone who isn't working 70-80 these days.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Oh, the good old days where 60 hours is all that was expected of you.

It wasn't necessarily expected, but it was easy to get caught up in the over materialistic decade that was the 80s.

I'm just showing you what it was like looking back from a struggling young adults point of view vs a child without a care in the worlds point of view. But at the time we had our fun anyway.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Johnny Mnemonic for sure - The Shadow is a pretty decent movie.

Agreed. It's a pulp character, don't know why people expect a Citizen Kane script.

The move did an excellent job of blending the pulp and radio versions into one. Several scenes were right out of the source material. Usually those critical of the movie don't understand pulp characters.

There was a bit too much camp in it (Kahn, Weston, Curry), but overall it was very well done.

As far as worst movie - Star Wars Episode 1.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

The Flinstones

That movie was awful, but the pin is great!

#63 5 years ago

I'll never understand the hate for Demolition Man. "He doesn't know how to use the three seashells!"

But yes, Congo is a bad movie.

#64 5 years ago

I think people forget, The Addams Family is not a very good movie at all, and it's a fantastic pin!
The Flintstones is a bad movie, worse than Adam's Family, but TAF is a much better pin than Flinstones.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

How is Tron Legacy not mentioned here. That movie sucked

It was actually a great movie. You probably just didn’t understand it.

#66 5 years ago

I'm going with Judge Dredd. The Stalone move was so bad, but the pin is pretty darn good. The Judge Dredd reboot was much better, wish they would make another.

#67 5 years ago

The Addams Family. I hate the movie, and the TV series. I accept I might be a little lonely with my view, but it's a dog

The pin, however, is a wonder

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

That movie was awful, but the pin is great!

Flintstones is another wonderfully underrated gem of a pin!. I completely agree with this. More people need to spend some time on Flintstones to fully appreciate it. I would love to own one.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Flintstones is another wonderfully underrated gem of a pin!. I completely agree with this. More people need to spend some time on Flintstones to fully appreciate it. I would love to own one.

The flintstones is an excellent machine for sure and the movie is terrible. I think most people dislike the fact that it is very easy. It was always a favorite at the house when I owned it though. I’d love to have one again some day

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The flintstones is an excellent machine for sure and the movie is terrible. I think most people dislike the fact that it is very easy. It was always a favorite at the house when I owned it though. I’d love to have one again some day

The beautiful thing is, you can make the game as tough as you want at home. It certainly doesn't have to be a gimme. Raise the pitch, the outlane posts and nastify the sucker!

#71 5 years ago

I've never played GI or Popeye, but FS is probably the worst W/B DMD game. What a piece of shit.

#72 5 years ago

Wizard of oz. I hate the movie but love the game. That said, I like the movie Congo.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've never played GI or Popeye, but FS is probably the worst W/B DMD game. What a piece of shit.

Worse than party zone?? Really

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You are crazy, if you think Flintstones is the worst B/W DMD. For more reasons than this, it's time to get your head examined.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm going with Judge Dredd. The Stalone move was so bad, but the pin is pretty darn good. The Judge Dredd reboot was much better, wish they would make another.

Judge Dredd pin is based on the comic book, not the movies.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You need to get some time in on Popeye then.......ooof.

#77 5 years ago

I think we should try to introduce some objectiveness. How about Pinside rating (10.000 scale, rounded to 1 decimal place) - IMDB rating (10.0 scale)

PINSIDE - IMDB
AF: 8.6 - 6.9 = 1.7
BSD: 8.1 - 7.5 = 0.6
Congo: 8.1 - 5.1 = 3.0
FlG: 7.8 - 6.5 = 1.3
FS: 7.5 - 4.8 = 2.7
JM: 7.8 - 5.6 = 2.2
LAH: 7.5 - 6.3 = 1.2
T3: 7.5 - 6.3 = 1.2
TS: 8.2 - 6.0 = 2.2
Tron: 8.3 - 6.8 = 1.5

From this standpoint, Congo is the clear winner with Flintstones not too far behind.

#78 5 years ago

And just for fun, movies that are "better" than the pins:

LoTR: 8.7 - 8.8(trilogy avg) = -0.1

--Star Wars Ep IV - VI--
Sega Star Wars Trilogy: 7.2 - 8.6 (avg) = -1.4
DE Star Wars: 7.6 - 8.6 (avg) = -1.0
Stern Star Wars (Pro): 7.5 - 8.6 (avg) = -1.1
Stern Star Wars (Prem/LE): 8.2 - 8.6 (avg) = -0.4

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from Frippertron:

You are crazy, if you think Flintstones is the worst B/W DMD. For more reasons than this, it's time to get your head examined.

That's right.....it's Hurricane.

#80 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic is one of those bad movies that's still watchable and entertaining in different levels. Same with Demolition Man and to a small extent Last Action Hero. Shadow and Congo are just bad. My vote would be Congo for the the absolute worst movie being the better pin ratio.

#81 5 years ago

Man, some of all just don't appreciate movies being fun. I'll always take my burger with extra cheese! Congo-both the movie and the pin rule! Same with Demo man.

#82 5 years ago

The Shadow

#83 5 years ago

Shadow and Congo.

#84 5 years ago

I had my Johnny Mnemonic about a year before watching the movie.

I like Cyberpunk very much, still Play Shadowrun 2.0 with my friends for about 25 years now and waited for JM to be available in the west in the longer japanese cut. (Wich came out recently.)

The movie is not very good, wich is Kind of strange because I like a lot about it. The Story in itself is great and the Setup would make up for a good middle part full of breathtaking chase sequences. They have a great cast also but for some reason the directing is so awfully bad it destroys it all.
There are no establishing shots. You never see a city scenery. No scale. You nearly never see anything of that cyberware/ augmentations that drive the illness people have. On top of that there is no sense of speed or anything.

The most memorable Scenes (despite Takeshi being awesome) are Dolph Lundgren getting quite established as a villain, then in the first Encounter Scene casually getting run over by a car and Johnny yelling for room Service. (Both Lundgren and that yelling are sadly missing in the pin.)

So JM is not 'horrible' but while watching I thought is was a very mediocre TV Movie... with great cast.

#85 5 years ago

I just bought Johnny Mnemonic on DVD. Ive always liked it but its been probably 15 years so we will see if it holds up.

Thanks
Blake

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Judge Dredd pin is based on the comic book, not the movies.

And came out before the movies.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

I just bought Johnny Mnemonic on DVD

What’s DVD? Some new online streaming service?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

What’s DVD? Some new online streaming service?

lol. in todays world I know its old school but man I love going into movie stores still. There is a place that opened up in the last 6 months near where my wife and I like to take day trips to. It was loaded with cult classics, 80's horror, and 90's action. At least those are the areas I poked around in. Hard to say no to 4 dvd's for $10 dollars.

Thanks
Blake

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Worse than party zone?? Really

By far, PZ at least has that sys11 feel/look to it, instead of looking like a a heaping orange shit filled diaper.
Of course I did just remember Hurricane, so the governor can call off the FS execution.

Quoted from Frippertron:

You are crazy, if you think Flintstones is the worst B/W DMD.

If there's one person's judgement on games I stay far away from it's you.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

lol. in todays world I know its old school but man I love going into movie stores still. There is a place that opened up in the last 6 months near where my wife and I like to take day trips to. It was loaded with cult classics, 80's horror, and 90's action. At least those are the areas I poked around in. Hard to say no to 4 dvd's for $10 dollars.
Thanks
Blake

There's a place in Colebrook, NH., First Run Entertainment, with hundreds of VHS tapes for rent.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you've got Transformers. A long drawn out lousy movie with half ass computer generated animation, and a pinball machine that is just as bad.

I actually like the first movie.
But the pin is onze of the most underrated pins imo. I own LOtR And TAF also but I play TF far more then the otter two. Great shots great toys fast. Excellent

Al the people that come over also prefer iT btw

#92 5 years ago

Congo the movie is so bad...it is just so bad.

#93 5 years ago

Without checking out this thread, I immediately thought of:

Creature FTBL
Johnny M
Congo
Shadow
Flintstones

All really fun and different games - all very horrific movies.

#94 5 years ago

E A S Y...

3593f1-600x790-1 (resized).jpg3593f1-600x790-1 (resized).jpg
#95 5 years ago

2nd runner up NOBODY got this one come on guys! lol

16001801 (resized).jpg16001801 (resized).jpg
#96 5 years ago

I "like" the slogans always with the "earnings" in mind...

...it's as believable as penis enlargements.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:I'm going with Judge Dredd. The Stalone move was so bad, but the pin is pretty darn good. The Judge Dredd reboot was much better, wish they would make another.

"Waaarrrr" roar of the robot is amazing

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

[quoted image]

Could he because twister was a so so movie and a weak sauce game.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Twister is actually a great movie. At least I like it. Game isn't as bad as some would say either.

Having them both come out at about the same time was pinball bliss in the arcade back in 1996.

#100 5 years ago

Public service announcement:

Congo is an awesome book. Even though the movie was kinda blah, the book was great! I read the book first though, so not sure if seeing the movie would ruin the book.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-movie-best-pin/page/2?hl=antennaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.