Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16001801 (resized).jpg
3593f1-600x790-1 (resized).jpg
BSD (resized).JPG
Johnny (resized).JPG
Shadow (resized).JPG
Congo (resized).JPG
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I just thought it would be fun to find out what everyone thinks was the worst movie or tv show that produced the best pinball machine? Titles like T3 or The shadow come to mind. What do you think?

#2 5 years ago

Congo was a pretty bad movie that produced a great game.

#3 5 years ago

Congo. Next topic?

#4 5 years ago

Meteor.

#5 5 years ago

No contest... Last Action Hero

#6 5 years ago

Shadow for sure.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

No contest... Last Action Hero

The movie is so horrible it's good.
The pin is so horrible it's horrible.

#8 5 years ago

Flash Gordon, but I admit to loving the hell outta that cheesy movie.

#9 5 years ago

Yeah, there's been a shit ton of bad movies made into pinball games, but usually the games are just as bad.

But I gotta go with Flash Gordon

#10 5 years ago

I like Johnny Mnemonic pinball more than the movie. Not saving it's the worst movie or best pin.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Shadow for sure.

Ditto !!

John

#12 5 years ago

Shadow, but Congo’s not far behind.

#13 5 years ago

Meteor.

#15 5 years ago

I enjoyed the Shadow more than Congo, and I think they're both great games. My vote goes with Congo as a result.

There are a number of movies turned games that are far harder to view than Congo (Lost in Space and Barbwire come to mind immediately), but those games are also not enjoyable imo.

#16 5 years ago

How has no one mentioned BSD? Great pin the movie sucked.

#17 5 years ago

BSD is a great movie.
i also like the movie The Shadow.

#18 5 years ago

My vote also goes to Congo. What an awful movie. I’ve gone back and watched it several times to see if maybe I’m just being too harsh but it truly is one of the worst movies ever.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I enjoyed the Shadow more than Congo, and I think they're both great games. My vote goes with Congo as a result.
There are a number of movies turned games that are far harder to view than Congo (Lost in Space and Barbwire come to mind immediately), but those games are also not enjoyable imo.

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings. For me it's Congo, Shadow, and Johnny Mnemonic in that order. My sleeper pick is going to be Godzilla (1998). A decent pinball machine based on a terrible movie.

Quoted from Turtle:

How has no one mentioned BSD? Great pin the movie sucked.

That's because it's not really a bad movie.

Congo
Congo (resized).JPGCongo (resized).JPG

The Shadow
Shadow (resized).JPGShadow (resized).JPG

Johnny Mnemonic
Johnny (resized).JPGJohnny (resized).JPG

Bram Stoker's Dracula
BSD (resized).JPGBSD (resized).JPG

#20 5 years ago

Here to defend Last Action Hero, it's a good satire like Starship Troopers

#21 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic for sure - The Shadow is a pretty decent movie.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

i also like the movie The Shadow.

Me too.

#23 5 years ago

The Shadow and Last Action Hero are both decent movies. I feel like the The Shadow is elevated in my list because it's truly a great game. I've vowed not to rewatch Congo. I was probably 12 or 13 when I last saw it and I remember liking it. Enough people I trust have told me it's terrible that I don't want to rewatch it and ruin my ability to enjoy the pinball machine.

#24 5 years ago

Robocop !

I like the movie. So I can't say worst.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Robocop !
I like the movie. So I can't say worst.

I actually really liked that movie. The 2nd and 3rd ones were terrible though.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from NovaPin:

Here to defend Last Action Hero, it's a good satire like Starship Troopers

In my 4 pin collection, these two are both in it.

I love starship troopers, and take it as a satire...

LAH was not a satire, it was a legit crap movie. I mean come on... that freaking annoying kid (could they not get a better actor) keeps on pointing out the obvious as if the audience can't figure it out themselves? In fact most of the dialogue is like this... it's as if the actors are trying to read you the plot rather than the audience figuring it out themselves.

If you read up on the history of it, it seems like it could have been an amazing movie but was re-written so many times, by so many different people and then rushed to theaters before it was ready. The original was supposed to be a dark satire (similar to deadpool I'm thinking), but turned into a family movie.

I do admit... Congo is a terrible movie, but I've never played the pin.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

LAH was not a satire, it was a legit crap movie.

Whiskers the animated cat is a leap forward though

The history of it is a good read.

#29 5 years ago

Then you've got Transformers. A long drawn out lousy movie with half ass computer generated animation, and a pinball machine that is just as bad.

#30 5 years ago

How is Tron Legacy not mentioned here. That movie sucked

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I wouldn't put Tron Legacy anywhere near bad movie territory. This is the first post I disagree with so far.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I wouldn't put Tron Legacy anywhere near bad movie territory. This is the first post I disagree with so far.

It was a pretty movie.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Finally watched it last week. It's a pile of hot garbage.

Adding Demo Man to the pile here. Bad movie, surprisingly good pin.

But I'm voting Johnny Mnemonic. I think it has the biggest gap between how bad the movie is and how good the pin is.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Demo Man to the pile here. Bad movie, surprisingly good pin.

Demo Man a way better movie than the game. But I enjoyed Tron Legacy as well.

#35 5 years ago

Never saw Congo, but enjoy the pin.

#36 5 years ago

Water World, stupid movie but a pretty neat and underrated pin. "Release the balls!", "Another Ride for the Deez"

#37 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic was ahead of its time. People weren't ready for Cyberpunk. Maybe still aren't But the book "Neuromancer" (William Gibson) was solid. And who doesn't love a Cyborg Dolphin Hacker with Ice-T as his sidekick? I vote Johnny Mnemonic and/or Congo as the best pins/worst movies.

#38 5 years ago

And Demolition Man is a classic! A satirical distopian future that was fun/action-packed but was also a warning in the vein of Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron"? And it had Stallone/Snipes/Bullock? Relevant, smart, sexy, funny, what's not to love?

Shoot... maybe I'm just getting old.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

And Demolition Man is a classic! A satirical distopian future that was fun/action-packed but was also a warning in the vein of Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron"? And it had Stallone/Snipes/Bullock? Relevant, smart, sexy, funny, what's not to love?
Shoot... maybe I'm just getting old.

I totally agree with you. I really enjoyed Demo Man and watched it several times. Loved the take they took on the future

#40 5 years ago

Demo Man was the first movie where I noticed how much of a babe Sandra Bullock is. So a good movie for sentimental reasons.

#41 5 years ago

Is Maverick a good movie?

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Is Maverick a good movie?

Does the question insinuate you believe maverick is a good pin?

#43 5 years ago

Maverick is big time underrated. People that haven't played it should definitely give it a try. A bang for the buck if ever there was one.

#44 5 years ago

Hook. Horrible movie, worse pin.

Honorable mention to Batman forever.
Bad movie. Great pin.
But not as horrible as Batman and Robin was.
"Ice to see you!"
Glad it was never made into a pin.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Demo Man was the first movie where I noticed how much of a babe Sandra Bullock is. So a good movie for sentimental reasons.

First movie where I realized that someday all restaurants would be Del Taco. There is no way Taco Bell would ever win that battle.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Maverick is big time underrated. People that haven't played it should definitely give it a try. A bang for the buck if ever there was one.

I thought Maverick was a good looking pin and was dying to give it a try. I payed for 4 games and got a match on one and then walked away. It was well maintained; Not my cup of tea.

#47 5 years ago

I would vote for tommy.
Bally Wizard! Is a great game from a
Horrible movie. The soundtrack was good .

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

yea sandy was hot in that. I love the movie as late 80's and 90's action is my favorite. I even had my son memorize the Sylvester Stallon and Wesley Snipes when he was about 4 years old and he can pick them out from about any movie. I have a picture of him when he was about 2 years old standing in front of the tv watching the original Rambo. Hes watched a lot of these movies with me and actually got choked up at the end of Over the Top, his exact words to describe what he was feeling as the boy runs over to hug Stallon "I don't know why but it feels like theres something stuck in my throat dad". Proudest moment of the year. Man I love that little fella.

Thank
Blake

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Quoted from Squeakman:

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Finally watched it last week. It's a pile of hot garbage.

It's not necessarily a bad movie. It's just that it had nothing to do with being inside a computer world like the first movie. Yes the first movie was campy, but it was innovative and creative and I still enjoy watching it.

Tron Legacy could be any good guy vs. bad guy formula. The story didn't matter. Cheddar's and Beatnik's comments have merit.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

I love the movie as late 80's and 90's action is my favorite.

I don't see why you have to mention the 80s. 80s were lame compared to the 90s. Demo Man is pure 90s action cheese.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-movie-best-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.