Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crow (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.37.08 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.36.35 PM (resized).png
    IMG_0030 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0019 (resized).JPG
    CPR3 (resized).jpg
    aa (resized).jpg
    bb (resized).jpg
    CPR (resized).jpg
    PG1 (resized).jpg
    PG2 (resized).jpg
    GH2 (resized).jpg
    General Hospital (resized).jpg
    pingraffix (resized).jpg
    POTC Mermaid 4 (resized).JPG
    274fd90ca63e86b9e7b0fa951b0d75010a29d06f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 2 years ago

Any mod that doesn't look like it could have come stock, generally. If it has wrong colors, doesn't match the iteration/era of the franchise, complex paint job against spot-color artwork, sticks out and looks wrong to my eyes.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Damn. My GnR might have been acceptable otherwise.
    [quoted image]

Is that a security camera where the start button should be?

#151 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Don't give Vince any more ideas.
    [quoted image]

Did Vince give a BSD this treatment? I have fond memories of a Dracula at a convention with a sub like that.

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For the record Stern used off the shelf dolls in this era, notably on The Simpsons Pinball Party and Lord of the Rings. When Stern did a Rerun on Lord of the Rings, the Limited Edition, the toys could no longer be found so they released the machine without the figures. The Path of the Dead mod was made with the exact type and scale figure, so they fit in very well with the rest of the machine.
    For proof, if you are familiar with the Simpsons Pinball party, they used off the shelf playmates toys for Comic book guy and itchy/scratch, and a removed dolls head for homer. You can still get NIB itchy and scratchy figures in original packaging off of Ebay. Thats where I got the parts to fix mine.
    ebay.com link: p
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Can't blame Stern for doing this, but it definitely didn't do their games any aesthetic favors.

#231 2 years ago

I'm going to throw one out there I haven't seen yet - Pinsound mixes that just repurpose movie soundtracks.

There are some neat mixes out there - like those trying to add DCS sound effects to Twilight Zone, or people trying to re-record or cover the original music, or get the original voice actors to do new call outs.

The ones I'm not a fan of are those that replace music composed for pinball with the looping orchestrated Star Wars opening music or whatever - the music gets old quick.

2 weeks later
    #281 2 years ago

For those of you not super familiar with Attack From Mars. This is what it is supposed to look like. This is a CPR Playfield. This particular example had a small printing error (and a huge discount) but even still look at the difference in quality.
    Take careful note of the center inserts and the art behind it like the Statue of Liberty, Eifel Tower, and Tower or Pisa.
    Bonus points to the nerd that can spot the printing error in this example.
    The CPR playfield is a good mod that has saved many pins.
    [quoted image]

Wrong red bordering the inserts?

#286 2 years ago

Look at the art behind "USA" in the overlay and then look at it in the correct CPR playfield. Look at the "Tractor Beam" insert to the right of "USA". Look at the colors surrounding the insert between the two. Look at the correct red on the CPR playfield and then look at the orange that is supposed to be red in the overlay. Look at the skin tone on the lady between the flippers.
    Please note that the Statue of Liberty is completely missing from the overlay.

I meant for the CPR printing error. Trying to find whatever you're referring to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-mod-ever?tu=roffels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.