Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crow (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.37.08 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.36.35 PM (resized).png
    IMG_0030 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0019 (resized).JPG
    CPR3 (resized).jpg
    aa (resized).jpg
    bb (resized).jpg
    CPR (resized).jpg
    PG1 (resized).jpg
    PG2 (resized).jpg
    GH2 (resized).jpg
    General Hospital (resized).jpg
    pingraffix (resized).jpg
    POTC Mermaid 4 (resized).JPG
    274fd90ca63e86b9e7b0fa951b0d75010a29d06f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeraptor2003.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah dude we already know you've got the sickness

hey man... I have been pretty much biting my Lip for several years as you pop in and out of the MODs threads...you do a lot of yapping... Wondering if you have contributed anything to the hobby besides criticism?
    I can't speak for all the mod makers out there but for myself this is my only source of income. I use the money to pay the bills and feed the family. While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you should think about what you are doing before you open your yapper time and time again to bash mods.

Just curious why all the hate..did some Mod maker burn you bad one day??

#244 2 years ago

Satan dude... you know you have a wicked hard on for me.... I really don't know why honestly. If you met me in person you would see I am pretty open minded and very approachable.
    But if you want to go there...
    The TSPP Blades were removed for a period of time.
    As I stated before..we don't make them. We get them from another source.
    After taking them down...folks kept asking me for them..So I revamped them a bit. I also spent $65,000 on a new printer and laminating system. I also am using a new formula for my materials that allows the Blades to be be less sticky so they don't damage your cabinet when you wish to take them off. Also improved color accuracy and the new printer uses 10 colors instead of 4 color CMYK. Also the new laminate we use allows the blades to flex rather than tear. Making them more resilient.
    I have done some incredible things for this hobby right from my home studio that the all pinball these million dollar companies have copied and now integrate or try to in their games that they sell to the general public.
    The TSPP blades are now far better than what they were originally. To answer your original question .
    Thanks for the nomination!
    BTW have you seen the PinGraffix Stadium Topper? It also has been nominated ..for a TWIPY.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Wow.
    You know what, I'll call you out.
    2 years ago I bought a crap product from you. You said it was a 1 time deal and gave me a refund after I took it to pinside, swearing the low quality Simpsons blades I received were the only blades you outsourced and that you would take them off of your website. You complained that this was your living. I backed down on my original comments and edited the comment to avoid an argument.
    It's been 2 years and the blades are still on your website. Are these the same outsourced blades or did you fix the quality?
    I'm putting a new nomination out there for worst mod. These Pingraffix art blades I received from you.
    I know many of the blades you sell are quality, but these were not.
    I generally try to be positive on pinside, but I do not take kindly to suppliers attacking their customers.
    Here is the full story and write up from 2 years ago.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-review-beyond-low-quality-graphics-pics-inside?tu=sataneatscheese
    [quoted image]

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you shouldn't hold back on your feelings or thoughts on matters, that's what this site is all aboot! I mean...this is a worst mod thread so it may be a tad negative. I generally try to stay out of mod maker threads not to harsh their mellow or income (unless they are the real shysters), and usually at most a quick thumbs down and I'm on my way.

I feel like this is a weighted question in which mod makers have given something valuable to the community? which I can't say I agree with.

Awesome; more power to you. Don't think if I've ever said anything bad aboot your mods but I'm sure you can point me to the posts if you'd like.

No. When I had 1 machine I bought a bunch of mods for it. Then after awHile I said, why am I wasting money on this shit instead of buying more games? This was TZ stuff too...pretty high end quality stuff, not a lot of the horseshit garbage with an added LED that's so rampant now.
    But anyway, as time went on it just boiled down to a personal fundamental divergence in the direction of the hobby. I think for the most part, it's gaudy, tacky, ugly, blingly, flashy trash & a waste of monies. Plenty of people like it, good for them! They can buy your wares, feed your family, free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.

I know exactly what I'm saying, and I don't have any issue saying it; eXpecially is a worst mod thread. I'm not picketing your store

It's no doubt some of your comments are pretty enjoyable. And I actually get a kick out everyone's comments. Like everyone else in here..it's entertaining.
    Mods are not for everyone. Even I see some mods that I think are very questionable. To each is own. And it's a free country last I checked.
    Just got to understand that someone like me and other mod makers who pretty much spend their lives ...it gets a little old to hear over and over. While we make a living selling these items...we also enjoy hearing how much people enjoy our mods as well. Thats part of the package. For some folks it's a money grab..for me it is not. I got nothing against you personally. Matter of fact if we met at a show I would probably have a beer with ya.. That's all I was just trying to convey.

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Show us you've fixed it. Take a zoomed in picture of this section of one of your Simpsons blades... or are you risking your reputation on an outside source that is still sending out garbage?
    I wouldn't want another pinsider to receive the "Worst Mod Ever" from you and have to pay a 20% restocking fee and pay to ship it back in order to get a refund.
    I find mod makers, suppliers, and anyone else attacking their customers to be in poor taste.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tell you what... I 'll do even better...PM your address and I'll send you a new set.

#284 2 years ago

Appreciate all the kind words and love fellas thank you. You know who you are.
    Yes, I probably should have stayed out of this thread for sure. Without a doubt. Going forward I will be hitting the ignore button on this one.
    The Law ..I'm sorry I came in here punching...you seem like a legit guy. Please stop by our booth and any of the shows. Beers are on me.
    Sat-n dude..please come and stop by out booth at Allentown to see the blades in person. But something tells me you will never be happy.
    BTW..I now make them in house and also thanks for the boost in web traffic yesterday. So please keep bashing away.
    I also make all of Jersey Jack Factory Art Blades for Wizard of Oz, Dialed in and Guns N Roses... soon their next title.
    Guess my quality isn't that great huh???
    Have a nice day.
    Joe

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.36.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.36.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.37.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.37.08 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeraptor2003.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-mod-ever?tu=joeraptor2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.