Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Beatles gold wonky flipz (resized).jpg
    20180305_195656.jpg
    20180305_195658.jpg
    20180305_195705.jpg
    20180305_195743.jpg
    5F7E6466-CC9A-4AA1-A414-5FF088A93773 (resized).jpeg
    E0BE0B9E-2AA3-4622-8FB4-7088E02B9413.jpeg
    C5D006A8-CA41-4741-A295-3F6306F57CF1.jpeg
    F5182B15-2ADB-4296-853A-13E4982593E4.jpeg
    5F88C72E-2A5B-42CC-BCB1-85C2B87CCB1E.jpeg
    797D5351-B2BB-4B68-8CC8-5C4C5A0C6518 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowy_owl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I suppose this is a bit of a morbid topic. I guess what triggered it was when I ventured down south to oregon to play some on-location pinball. I suppose I forgot how many neglected pinball machines are out there, rotting away in some dirty amusement facility. I was sad to find once beautiful machines in this state. So I decided to start this topic about some on-location horror stories. Here's one:
    Funland amusement: I had been here a couple years ago, and the games (AC/DC, Spiderman VE, TWD, GOT) were not too bad. Yes, they had somewhat dirty playfields, but were fine mechanically. Of course, they were relatively new new games then.
    I had hoped that they would have had some basic maintenance since my last visit, but I seemed to be mistaken. The first thing I noticed was that JP had replaced AC/DC. Alright, that was fine. Upon closer examination, JP was actually not bad. Just old code. But then, it's a new game. Next I played game of thrones. Dang, was that playfield dirty. It almost resembled mold. I didn't really want to know. Besides old code there was not much wrong with the game. The only other problem was the dragon shot, which did not register. This really caused a problem, making the game extremely messed up. Any mode including that shot could not be completed. One could not get an extra ball or start wall multiball. I'd had enough at that point. I didn't bother to play TWD or spiderman ve. Just from looking at spiderman, I could tell that the the sandman drop bank was either stuck with all the caked on grime on the playfield, or it was mechanically broken. I also noticed that several plastics were missing. TWD was very dirty, just like the others, but it almost fit the theme with this game It looked fine other than the dirty playfield, but I never played it.
    I wanted to ask the people there who even took care of these neglected games, and why they didn't care and/or were incompetent in taking care of pinball machines. I refrained.
    There we go, that's my rant of the day. Any other horror stories?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from NovaNut66:

WE NEED PICTURES !!!

aaaaah yes. I figured this might come up, but I hoped it wouldn't. My camera does not work, and could not get anything into focus. Sorry

1 week later
    #14 3 years ago

Here's another one. The game itself was maintained fine, but this flipper adjustment...wtf???

Beatles gold wonky flipz (resized).jpgBeatles gold wonky flipz (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowy_owl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-maitained-games-you-have-seen?tu=snowy_owl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.