image (resized).jpeg
image-5 (resized).jpg
tumblr_ne61glAEBm1s9y3udo1_500 (resized).png
large (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170526-163359 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can’t believe Batman 66 is even mentioned in this thread. It is easily with the new code, one of the top three games of all time. If you don’t believe me, put a bunch of games on one and you’ll see why with the new code (I understand why the haters blasted the old code).
Now it has near perfect integration between TV/Movie and playfield experience and no I’m not a huge Stern fan other than this table. Too many copy and paste machines for my liking. But B66 has two of the best toys ever in pinball, the penguin crane and Bat cave turntable.
The layout is good too allowing for clear vision of the light show and many targets to shoot. It’s main targets are at the back of the table, so some may not like that as well. You have to be a decent pinballer to play a table like this, but the new code (.98) makes the layout shine now.
Also, speaking of JJP tables: they are at a much higher level than Stern (especially Dialed In).
Batman 66 is Stern’s highest selling table of all time. So you haters need to take a second look. You’re truly missing out on some great fun!

I only played one game of 66 at the Wheeling Expo. And I will say... I didn't expect much from the game. I saw footage of it online and I thought it was boring and dumb. I hated how the video footage was integrated. I just thought it was lazy and didn't feel like how a proper pinball machine should play.
Then I played it... Don't know the code...But, probably it was the new code. And I was impressed. I really enjoyed the game.
I don't know if I liked it better than Star Wars(another game I thought I'd hate), but I know I like it better than Deadpool. I like Deadpools theme, I love the sprite animations, and I love the art... Just the game plays like a yawn for me... Just ho-hum... To me... And I hate boom buttons. Same stance in star wars about that button. But, I love the leathal weapon 3 trigger.That works... But a button... Boring... to me at least...

Anyway, back to Batman 66'. I only played the one game as stated, but I played it well and got a replay on it. I don't and won't pretend that I know everything about the pin. I do know that I look forward to playing it again. And that I enjoyed Batman 66' over the Dark Knight pin. Just a better experience, and I think because the colors are brighter, you see your ball easier. And to me seeing the ball makes for a better time playing.

So I would agree Batman 66' isn't the worst pin out there. Hell lets be honest, anything with the foxy Julie Newmar can't be all bad.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

They were side by side at York "White Rose" show both equally terrible...No line for Mafia...

Funny at wheeling there was a thunderbirds. And every time I passed it it was busy.
I wasn't bummed that I couldnt get on that machine. There were about 8 machines I was a bit bummed I didn't get a chance to play, but I have a rule about waiting.
Glad I didn't play a stinker... But, I still like to play every pinball machine I can at least once. I think there was a Mafia at Wheeling too... Wouldn't mind chatting to the makers of it though. As I think their idea is awesome. A Pi pinball machine. Super cool concept... But, the layout and game looks blah to me. Looks like the zizzle or zazzle or whatever the home pinball machines are called.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, it was Breakshot without the cool toy in the middle. It was lame and stupid but not actively trying to make me hate it like Thunderbirds.

Breakshot is aces man... Yes, one of the coolest ball locks ever. But, the whole concept of it is cool. A modern DMD game that is designed like a classic EM. Yes, the shots are limited and the game isn't that deep. But, I think its deep enough and its really clever and it has the right amount of shots and a clever rule set.
It also has a bit of strategy to it. You can focus on the Bonus X and get big points, or you can focus on locking balls and getting mb...
And you can also try to hold out to collect the bonus and get a nice reward there as well.
Also I think it has great playfield art and the theme is just spot on.
Its not the greatest game, but I think you're going to be hard pressed to find a more clever game than breakshot.

To me... Mafia just looks boring. The art while good doesn't stand out. And also the whole theme just isn't integrated well.
I never played it, but I watched the some videos on it, and the promo video by the company put me to sleep.
Game looks dull.

And again I think its amazing what they did with the game. Love a Pi Pin... But, game is too expensive and doesn't have a single cool toy or gimmick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 1.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-machine-ever?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.