image (resized).jpeg
image-5 (resized).jpg
tumblr_ne61glAEBm1s9y3udo1_500 (resized).png
large (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170526-163359 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 6 years ago

Great list! So what's the worst of them?

1 week later
#283 6 years ago

I played Blackwater this weekend and understand your sentiments as I didn't like it either, especially for tournament play. However it is a unique game that tried something different so I give it originality points.

The absolute worst game ever is Motor Show, which I also played this weekend. Here is my analysis:

Motor Show, Mr. Game, 1989

BG: Cheesey, but hand-drawn, Monster Truck and other vehicles. Not the worst BG ever, but delivered in the same year as BK2K and Earthshaker, clearly not in the same universe.

Cabinet: What can I say, it is a big, black, plastic mess. Come on, this machine came from Italy, the center of artistic design, and this is what they came up with? As I said above, I give points because they were trying to be unique. However, this cabinet uniqueness actually hurts the playing experience. It has two big plastic grab handles where you put your hands. You have to play around and find the right angle for you to get to the flipper buttons. It is very distracting.

And the flipper buttons, they are the worst! They are oblong and flush with the cab, so you have to press them in to operate. Really off putting, and difficult to be consistent with.

Playfield: To follow the flipper theme, these are horrible. They are snappy, but not consistently so. Lots of noise and vibration, you think they are going to come apart and you can definitely feel the plastic nature of the game when flipping. Not sure if it was this particular machine, but it was tough to get the ball up the highest ramp, even with a good shot.

There are no plastics apart from the slings and out/inlanes . These have no art on them just solid red plastic crap.

The art looks like it came from a kid's toy pinball machine. The ramps are a solid moulded plastic pile of crap that covers up the back 1/3 of the pf. Again, you can feel and hear the plastic nature of the machine when the ball is traveling on the ramps.

I have no desire to ever play this machine again.

Even being the worst machine ever, it did have one good feature: It had a color screen 30 years before Stern.

1 year later
#368 5 years ago

Sorry, Genesis plays pretty well. Def not the worst machine, but a front runner for worst bg.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 27.95
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-machine-ever?tu=Black_Knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.