image (resized).jpeg
image-5 (resized).jpg
tumblr_ne61glAEBm1s9y3udo1_500 (resized).png
large (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170526-163359 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Have you played LW3?? It's a faster t2 with better dots

Yep many times, utterly despise it. It doesn't get better with more time on it.

That, and TWD too.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yep many times, utterly despise it. It doesn't get better with more time on it.
Same thing with TWD too.

#253 6 years ago

Classic Bally = Lost World. Boring play and the absolute worst bonus countdown. Silverball Mania is not much fun either. At least they have good artwork.

Bullseye / 301 is pretty terrible overall too.

#254 6 years ago

I actually like Lost World's simplistic gameplay. It's a nice contrast to most modern games jumbled cluster-f of a playfield. To each their own.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Classic Bally = Lost World. Boring play and the absolute worst bonus countdown. Silverball Mania is not much fun either. At least they have good artwork.
Bullseye / 301 is pretty terrible overall too.

Forgot about Bullseye. Woof! But I'm not a darts guy.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I actually like Lost World's simplistic gameplay. It's a nice contrast to most modern games jumbled cluster-f of a playfield. To each their own.

Spinner is worthless points wise and shooting the captive balls is a snooze fest. Needs drop targets or something. If you rack up 5x max bonus, you have like a two minute dull boringly slow bonus countdown which is really grating to me.

Its still pinball tho =D.

#257 6 years ago

No such thing. What someone doesn't like others do.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Spinner is worthless points wise and shooting the captive balls is a snooze fest. Needs drop targets or something. If you rack up 5x max bonus, you have like a two minute dull boringly slow bonus countdown which is really grating to me.
Its still pinball tho =D.

I own it, so I'm familiar. I don't mind the bonus countdown, especially when you watch the score climb in anticipation. Love it or hate it, you have to admit it looks good sitting there. Who doesn't enjoy tits and dragons?

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I had a STTNG and yes it was unreliable.

SteveO I know the clown that took on that challenge!

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Classic Bally = Lost World.

That game is a dog. Tournament game only cause it can be a nut buster but so lame.

#262 6 years ago

It's funny that Bugs Bunny always makes the worst list. Is it ok to agree and still like it? I had one and understand from a players perspective it sucks. Not much to do, unbalanced scoring etc. At the same time it was a charming game. Nice art, nice sound, the flickering candle effect was neat, non-pinheads always loved it. It may have been terrible but sometimes I still miss mine a little.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Nice art, nice sound, the flickering candle effect was neat, non-pinheads always loved it.

People view it diff'rent way. I never take into account what non pinheads like, but everyone criteria is diff'rent. I mean sure there's something to be said for games that at least TRY to do something and fail, instead of just limping into the barn with some hot garbage.

#264 6 years ago

virtual pin

#265 6 years ago

Modern stuff... WOZ and RZ. WOZ should be amazing but it's an eye searing confused mess that is somehow less than the sum of its parts. RZ is just a big steaming turd of a game that feels like a half completed homebrew project and has been broken more often than not when I've seen it in the wild.

edit: this too vvv

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

However, I had more problems with Johnny Mnemonic and that stupid hand.

Yeah, i hear that hand mech is just a complete pain in the ass !!

#267 6 years ago

The new Rolling Stones makes me never want to Start it Up.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

tumblr_ne61glAEBm1s9y3udo1_500 (resized).pngtumblr_ne61glAEBm1s9y3udo1_500 (resized).png

#269 6 years ago

Most Gottliebs. Most Data East.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

Sounds like your one of those "Williams snobs " . Its ok, i am too ! lol

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That is a pretty clear sign of dud pinball machine, when you don't even want to start it up and play it.

To me it doesn't qualify as Worst Machine Ever, but many people do have a rather low opinion of it.

#272 6 years ago

Bugs bunny bb
Hollwood heat
Hercules
Rob zombie
Batman66

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I've never played it but surprised Harley Davidson isn't mentioned more. Looks like a pig.

Consider yourself lucky. It looks like a pig and plays like a dog.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

You know what's weird if the HD is the street level Bally or whatever I've never actually played that one. I have had a TON of time on the Sega/Stern HD and that thing is a donkey dick sans Burro

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The Stern version?

Nice avatar,been watching their recent shows on You Tube.Long time fan!!

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

You're half right
Data East has a lot of great games and stereo sound that even made their lesser titles at least sound great. My biggest complaint with the Gottlieb Machines is that the license holders of Gottleb make obtaining service manuals costly and forced their removal from the international Pinball database. Making a bunch of average games a pain to work on.

And Gottlieb seem to have awful awful back glass art.

Oh the humanity!

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#277 6 years ago

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg

#278 6 years ago

Speaking of bad back glasses. How's the dude trying to take a dump in the middle?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#279 6 years ago

No Fear. Simply boring. Avatar, great theme, toys. Play field design, really?

#280 6 years ago

turdman (resized).jpgturdman (resized).jpg

#281 6 years ago

What is probably most shocking is that Gottlieb spent time and money on makeup and a SET to get that eye-burning photo

#282 6 years ago

Blackwater 100 is my new answer. Ugh that game sucks. Haha

#283 6 years ago

I played Blackwater this weekend and understand your sentiments as I didn't like it either, especially for tournament play. However it is a unique game that tried something different so I give it originality points.

The absolute worst game ever is Motor Show, which I also played this weekend. Here is my analysis:

Motor Show, Mr. Game, 1989

BG: Cheesey, but hand-drawn, Monster Truck and other vehicles. Not the worst BG ever, but delivered in the same year as BK2K and Earthshaker, clearly not in the same universe.

Cabinet: What can I say, it is a big, black, plastic mess. Come on, this machine came from Italy, the center of artistic design, and this is what they came up with? As I said above, I give points because they were trying to be unique. However, this cabinet uniqueness actually hurts the playing experience. It has two big plastic grab handles where you put your hands. You have to play around and find the right angle for you to get to the flipper buttons. It is very distracting.

And the flipper buttons, they are the worst! They are oblong and flush with the cab, so you have to press them in to operate. Really off putting, and difficult to be consistent with.

Playfield: To follow the flipper theme, these are horrible. They are snappy, but not consistently so. Lots of noise and vibration, you think they are going to come apart and you can definitely feel the plastic nature of the game when flipping. Not sure if it was this particular machine, but it was tough to get the ball up the highest ramp, even with a good shot.

There are no plastics apart from the slings and out/inlanes . These have no art on them just solid red plastic crap.

The art looks like it came from a kid's toy pinball machine. The ramps are a solid moulded plastic pile of crap that covers up the back 1/3 of the pf. Again, you can feel and hear the plastic nature of the machine when the ball is traveling on the ramps.

I have no desire to ever play this machine again.

Even being the worst machine ever, it did have one good feature: It had a color screen 30 years before Stern.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

It had a color screen 30 years before Stern.

I think it has 3 video modes too?

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it has 3 video modes too?

At least two. Watched a game of it as my friend was playing that bank.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Steveo I know the clown that took on that challenge!

And now your family won't let you get rid of it James!

#287 6 years ago

I think the better way to look at this than worst ever is which machine would you be embarrassed to own and could not bring yourself to shopping out or spending any money on. This is my never touch game...

"Hard Bodies" -I see no threads looking for reproduction playfields or plastics. At the shows it usually the game that isn't broken but still no one is playing. Do they even sell a Hard Bodies LED kit? Any mods even available for it?

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Blackwater 100 is my new answer.

Every year at the VFW showcase you gotta watch this thing like a hawk. People don;t know you have to launch all 3 balls to start and they just end up walking away....hell maybe they're the lucky ones?

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

"Hard Bodies" -I see no threads looking for reproduction playfields or plastics. At the shows it usually the game that isn't broken but still no one is playing. Do they even sell a Hard Bodies LED kit? Any mods even available for it?

Even Raven has a club on Pinside

5 months later
#290 6 years ago

When these threads come up, why doesen't anyone mention Jurassic Park: Lost World? That is probably the worst dmd game I have played thus far.

#291 6 years ago

Where do we begin?

I suppose we could just start at the top and work our way down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from mbetz1981:

When these threads come up, why doesen't anyone mention Jurassic Park: Lost World? That is probably the worst dmd game I have played thus far.

Probally because it's not a terrible game.

#293 6 years ago

I cant hate a pin, Ive tried but I cant, I know I have some kind of dissorder hahahaha.

I always find a reason to buy/keep a pin:

Raven: have to love the cheesy art, its like a bad cheap direct to video movie from the 80s.

Popeye: love the sounds and DMD.

SF2: At first I keep It for the theme, then Ive found a very fun Game to Play with friends and being drunk.

Freddy: what a nice toy and sound, and keeps non playing Friends interested cos the multiball its easy to start.

Genesis: WTF, love the music and the toy, sure playfield is simple, but not easy at all.

Bally Lost world: the cab/pf/BG art is just great, and when you need to clean your mind, and easy set of rules and some easy good shots just helps.

Im mental, but I can always find a reason to keep and Play almost any pin.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Probally because it's not a terrible game.

Maybe it's just me then. I've played a lot of pins, and Segas Lost world, feels like the most uninspired dmd I've played.

That being said: it's still pinball, so I still enjoy it.

#295 6 years ago

Not quite on topic, but Black Knight may be the most overrated game of all time. I'm a big fan of Richie, but that game is brutal without being fun.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from mbetz1981:

Maybe it's just me then. I've played a lot of pins, and Segas Lost world, feels like the most uninspired dmd I've played.

I wouldn't say it's a great game. It might not even be a good one, but it's playable for sure!

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from mbetz1981:

That being said: it's still pinball, so I still enjoy it.

I can't enjoy that one. It's pretty dang bad. Super easy shots aside from the cheap drains from the middle. Huge step back after the DE Jurassic Park.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from waffen_spain:

I cant hate a pin, Ive tried but I cant, I know I have some kind of dissorder hahahaha.
I always find a reason to buy/keep a pin:
Raven: have to love the cheesy art, its like a bad cheap direct to video movie from the 80s.
Popeye: love the sounds and DMD.
SF2: At first I keep It for the theme, then Ive found a very fun Game to Play with friends and being drunk.
Freddy: what a nice toy and sound, and keeps non playing Friends interested cos the multiball its easy to start.
Genesis: WTF, love the music and the toy, sure playfield is simple, but not easy at all.
Bally Lost world: the cab/pf/BG art is just great, and when you need to clean your mind, and easy set of rules and some easy good shots just helps.
Im mental, but I can always find a reason to keep and Play almost any pin.

Don't be so sure, I see you don't have BBBB on that list

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I wouldn't say it's a great game. It might not even be a good one, but it's playable for sure!

It's not the worst playing game.... but it's so bland, (in addition to being a mediocre player), that gets the nod for me.

Stone of the games that get a lot of flack, like Popeye, Champion Pub, SFII, etc.... in spite of their flaws, you can still see some creativity that went into them... the worst games in my opinion are the ones that are super generic.

#300 6 years ago

Don't see how anyone can think any game has a worse layout and shot selection than Spy Hunter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 24.98
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-machine-ever/page/6?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.