image (resized).jpeg
image-5 (resized).jpg
tumblr_ne61glAEBm1s9y3udo1_500 (resized).png
large (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170526-163359 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawlor_and_Order:

Think: bad rules, weird layout, boring theme, poor artwork, design errors leading to poor gameplay, and in general a complete lack of fun.

I appreciate such a divisive first post; but we already agree it's a 90's Gott. SF2 is of course Terrible that is a fact. Freddy is completly awful unless you snap one off to Horror themes....whcih usualy draws me to the conclusion that Barb Wire is in fact the worst game every produced.
It makes ROGO look like Whirlwind.

#52 6 years ago

A few real stinkers I came across are:
Popeye, Rolling Stones (Stern), Dragon and for EMs Time Zone, Jubilee, Aces & Kings. There're a bunch of poor EMs out there but those stood out for a particularly bad design.

#53 6 years ago

One more vote for Shaq Attack... What a POS!

#54 6 years ago

Rescue 911 is probably the least fun I've ever had playing a pin. That game is twelve pounds of suck in a ten pound bag.

#55 6 years ago

Rolling stones/Mick on a stick.

#56 6 years ago

sega Xfiles followed by Orbitor 1.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I appreciate such a divisive first post; but we already agree it's a 90's Gott. SF2 is of course Terrible that is a fact. Freddy is completly awful unless you snap one off to Horror themes....whcih usualy draws me to the conclusion that Barb Wire is in fact the worst game every produced.
It makes ROGO look like Whirlwind.

Jesus. I forgot about Rogo. Add that to my list. Plus Darling/Jubilee.

1) Hi-Score Pool
2) El Toro
3) Rogo
4) Darling/Jubilee

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Jesus. I forgot about Rogo. Add that to my list. Plus Darling/Jubilee.
1) Hi-Score Pool
2) El Toro
3) Rogo
4) Darling/Jubilee

Gotta add a Gottlieb so I don't look biased.

5) Airport/College Queens. These two are also way up there on the 'Worst Art' list.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Shrek, third worst.

really, I actually kind of liked it. rather have the family guy version, but If I had all the money in the world I'd get one.

#61 6 years ago

Majic Girl, I would rather play with my nut sack!

#62 6 years ago

Another vote for Motor Dome. First pin I bought and didn't buy another one for almost 30 years. The greatest sin is that it looks like it should be fun: ramps....check, second level flipper... check, targets ... check, skill level select...check. But it's just an awful awful unbalanced and boring game.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Let's be honest... worst machine/biggest rip off ever might just be Batman 66

Bad as BM66 is at the moment, Magic Girl is worse.

#65 6 years ago

I'm playing it safe.... Punchy The Clown.

#66 6 years ago

CSI comes to mind....

#67 6 years ago

Street Fighter 2 at least has a cool theme and nice music, so I think I have to go with Striker Xtreme. I think it was one of the first pins I played IRL after becoming a pinhead, and it was sitting next to a Hook and T2. Not knowing any better, I played some of Striker while my brother discovered the joys of T2. I just recently tried playing it again at Flippers and hoo boy, everything is just so bland and boring...

Another game I thought was pretty bad was Sharkey's Shootout, but after reading the rules I came to enjoy it somewhat. The three controllable pop-ups are pretty cool and I mean, it's a pool themed game with pool based rules, those are always pretty enjoyable. It's just again, the bland theme, music, and sound that really hurts it imo.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

B/W DMD Era: Popeye

Folks have bagged on Popeye for years, but if you actually take the time to play it and learn it, there is a TON of depth and lot of cool toys. Some VERY funny sounds and animations as well. If my mother-in-law didn't own one, I sure would.

Just my $.02. Feel free to give change.

#69 6 years ago

everyone knows SF2 and Xfiles are tied for worst DMD's of all time. As far as early SS or EM's. there are many. Laserball is a piece of crap as well.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

everyone knows SF2 and Xfiles are tied for worst DMD's of all time. As far as early SS or EM's. there are many. Laserball is a piece of crap as well.

X-Files has that incredible soundtrack though. I would honestly own one *just* for the music, I don't care how shallow the rules are! That said I've never played it IRL so I have no idea how hard the ramps really are... but I do like a good challenge.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Without repeating some solid candidates above:
Ready, Aim, Fire, Gold Wings, and Millionaire.
If you have all 3 of these, your lineup needs a natural disaster.

Lol

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Folks have bagged on Popeye for years, but if you actually take the time to play it and learn it, there is a TON of depth and lot of cool toys. Some VERY funny sounds and animations as well. If my mother-in-law didn't own one, I sure would.

Dude... awesome that you've found something in the game. That's cool. But the designer of the game has publicly said it's a dog. Fact.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Dude... awesome that you've found something in the game. That's cool. But the designer of the game has publicly said it's a dog. Fact.

Honestly doesn't matter. All that matters is if I like it.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Any baseball themed pinball machine. I hate baseball. The boring season(baseball season) ends in about 7 weeks!

You need to do your math again.

Or at least look at a calendar

#75 6 years ago

godzilla or star wars trilogy or maybe......
Not so sure which one is the worst ever but pretty sure it is a sega pin.

#76 6 years ago

Yes, YES! Keep spreading hate for The Shadow. Prices need to come down and this will help.

#77 6 years ago

Street Fighter II has got to be the worst or duking it out with TMNT/Back to the Future.

Genesis is also really, really bad.

#78 6 years ago

You mean, other than Maverick? Sooooo....I vote for Maverick.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

X files is awesome man it is still probably one of the most played games In my collection and the music is awesome!!!!!!.

#80 6 years ago

Only game I ever walked away on ball 2 was Mustang. Does that make it the worst ever? Probably not. But for me, it sure is bottom 10.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Only game I ever walked away on ball 2 was Mustang. Does that make it the worst ever? Probably not. But for me, it sure is bottom 10.

Haha! Mustang and WWE LEs are so cheap, but I can't bring myself to buy them since I hate them every time I play them. Trudeau definitely had a rocky start getting back in the pinball game with Stern. But third time's a charm. Ghostbusters is soclose to being great. A little more work on the rules and software polish and it can be his greatest since Congo or Creature.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

1) Hi-Score Pool

Oh, I forgot about this one. There's bad, there's terrible, and then there's Hi-Score Pool. You can bash '90s Gottlieb games all you want, but this one is a special brand of disappointment and depression. Chicago Coin games are generally terrible, but Hi-Score Pool really lowers the bar.

I remember playing Barb Wire and Rescue 911 and hating them, but I was just disappointed. I didn't want to set them on fire.

#83 6 years ago

Worst 2000s game: RZ.
Worst 1990s game: probably Freddy
Honerable mention: Vacation America

#84 6 years ago

The funny thing is that I just watched a YouTube video on this game and now I kind of want one after I learned the rules / strategy. Go figure.

Elvis is my vote. Hate that machine. No flow. Heartbreak Hotel is a pain in the ass to repair.

#85 6 years ago

Short answer: South Park (if talking about "modern" games)...read on if you care about more details

If we are talking about all games, I have played exactly 3 non-DMD or LCD games: Superman, Whoa Nelly and Funhouse. Funhouse is great but the other two sucked. I am a huge Superman fan (with a son named Clark and daughter named Kara) and that game was just horrible.

For DMD+ games, I haven't played a ton either but for the games that I own, while TMNT and SF2 are bad, Star Wars Episode 1 is worse than either, IMO. For games that I have played a few times (including Popeye and BBBB), I would say that South Park was the least fun for me. Popeye was actually enjoyable for the one game I played but not enough for me to play it again. I was sick of South Park by about the fourth flipper hit.

That is like saying that Heidi Klum is the ugliest woman you've ever seen. What a joke.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

X files is awesome man it is still probably one of the most played games In my collection and the music is awesome!!!!!!.

man, you are a trooper for being able to stay awake playing that game. Kudos to you, for dredging through it.

#87 6 years ago

Sharkey's Shootout... the only thing less fun than playing it is shopping it. That said, if it was the only game in the place, and had a credit on it, I'd still probably play it.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Totally agree. I have played pretty much every modern pinball, owned/had loan of plenty....Popeye is still here whilst many supposedly 'better' titles came and went

I wrote a huge guide to Popeye if anyone is interested...

http://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/Popeye.pdf

#89 6 years ago

Data East Teenage mutant ninja turtles. Worst game ever. Started a game and walked away from it without finishing 3 balls.

#90 6 years ago

Championship Pub. Stupid...................

#91 6 years ago

Shaq attack.
Space jam.
Champion pub.
Hurricane.
Fire.
Hounted house.
Shadow.

#92 6 years ago

Owned a T2 was glad to see it leave, also, and this will draw heaps of Booo's from the crowd i'm sure I've always thought TAF and TZ are the 2 most over rated pins that everyone seems to swoon over......Mehhhh

#93 6 years ago

One persons junk is another's treasure. Play and enjoy what you like. Right now I own the 17 best pins available. If you don't agree, guess what? Dosnt matter.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Owned a T2 was glad to see it leave, also, and this will draw heaps of Booo's from the crowd i'm sure I've always thought TAF and TZ are the 2 most over rated pins that everyone seems to swoon over......Mehhhh

Allright. Whats your top 5 pins then?

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Allright. Whats your top 5 pins then?

Not the right thread for that

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe the Worst.....or Maybe the Best?
(Cant find the Space Elevator Video)

Hey!! I designed this game.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not the right thread for that

I just wanted to know, when you dizz T2. Taf and TZ. They are top pins in my hoppinion

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash. I've never hated a game more

Agreed!! Which is a damn shame because that theme rules. It just goes to show you that a great theme means nothing if the game play sucks. On the opposite end of the spectrum for me is FishTales. Not a theme I'd ever go for, but it's still a great game.

#99 6 years ago

One of the worst for me in recent times is 24

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I just wanted to know, when you dizz T2. Taf and TZ. They are top pins in my hoppinion

Hey fair enough, it's just personal opinions after all having said that, if T2 is in your top 3 then why have you owned it twice but don't have it now?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-machine-ever/page/2?hl=jeremyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.