Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,669 posts
  • 733 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 314 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0051 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0050 (resized).JPG
    fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240321_180554 (resized).jpg
    68714440943__356B9A98-CA54-4C2A-A85D-8E5C24E9F1AA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3144 2 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Also, on the same SBM, a switch was installed under the pf. Haven’t figured out what it’s for yet.

If you press it, someone on the other side of the world dies.

3 weeks later
    #3221 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Example: Before and after....solder and heat shrink. After this bundle is zip tied together you don't even notice they were ever repaired!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

With that many wires, would a better alternative be to just pin them and make a Molex connection?

3 months later
    #3282 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

For context, here is the plastic without the rack hack[quoted image]

That girl gets around! Compare to EBD -

8 ball (resized).jpg8 ball (resized).jpgEBD (resized).PNGEBD (resized).PNG
    1 year later
    #4161 11 months ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Can’t say I have ever seen this hack before.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd have expected a broken fuse clip - maybe one was just loose -

Dodged a bullet when I did a similar thing recently while diagnosing a GI problem - had a game that was blowing the 25a GI fuse after about 10min.
    Thought I had the problem fixed, so hooked up a 20a breaker via alligator clips to the 25a fuse clips, and about 20 min later when I checked on it, one of the clips that was attached to the game had literally heated up and smoldered away without blowing the breaker.

#4162 11 months ago
    Quoted from Gotpins:

I do this one a lot as a quick fix when trying to get a game working and the fuse holder is weak or broken.

Same here (see above) but just because I'm lazy and haven't soldered blown fuses into the circuit breakers that I use. Will probably do that now though.

2 months later
    #4211 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A lot of people have surprisingly little know-how or curiosity about how things work, and then completely panic when something stops working or doesn't work like they expect it to. I see it all the time.
    It's a little mind boggling to me how people like that can drift through life without having at least a general idea about how some things work or knowing at least some basics of biology.
    I know of someone who tried watering their plants with vinegar and had no idea why they were suddenly dying. Both are liquids, so it's good for plants right? *Water*ing has a fairly big key word in the action there. It's not called vinegaring your plants, after all...

My stepson was like that, much as I tried to teach him. His car was in the shop every 2 months. Every noise he heard, everything that "felt" weird - he didn't bother to investigate anything. "Mom, we gotta drop the car off at Joe's." "Joe's" was 20 miles away, and someone had to take time out of the day after work to follow him there, drop the car off, and go back and pick it up 2 days later and pay $250.

He came in the house one day -

"Mom, the car has to go to Joe's."
    I ask what's wrong.
    "It's leaking radiator fluid".
    "Is it a hose? Can you tell where it's coming from?"
    "I didnt check."
    "Let's go take a look".

Radiator cap was loose.

Drove me fucking crazy.

2 weeks later
    #4243 9 months ago

Flipper plate holes stripped?

No problem! I have some long screws around here, don't i?

This game also holds the record for most burned out bulbs of any game I've ever bought - virtually every GI light was burned out, in addition to the baked backbox connector. They musta only played it with the basement lights on cause they couldn't have seen the ball otherwise.

20190419_172026 (resized).jpg20190419_172026 (resized).jpg20190419_172921 (resized).jpg20190419_172921 (resized).jpg
    #4245 9 months ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Second one or nail below the flipper?

There are 4 nail holes if you look closely - the 4th one is peeking out from under the apron.

#4256 9 months ago

Scroll back to my post on the previous page for a real pf horror story, number 4243...

Yours is bad too...sorry for your loss....

1 week later
    #4270 8 months ago
    Quoted from alf_1968:

Bally - The Addams Family
    Peek-a-boo:
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    senseless hole in middle of the cabinet

At least there's no artwork there, you could feasibly fill it in and paint it black.....

1 week later
    #4287 8 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

You're replying to a post made 10 years ago by a user who hasn't been active in more than three years.

But....but....his reply was GREAT.......

i'm reminded of George Castanza and that episode where the guy in the meeting kept one-upping him with the one liners.............

3 weeks later
    #4340 7 months ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It is wine believe it or not. The game actually smells like wine too. That is a first for me. Usually they smell like cigarettes.

I bought a Scared Stiff that was in an ice cream parlor, it smelled like waffle cones for 6 months, which was kinda awesome......

2 months later
    #4502 5 months ago
    Quoted from RichWolfson:

Maybe he wanted the grandchildren to enjoy it more?
    ///Me

"to allow the machine to fit in the basement".........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.