Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,665 posts
  • 733 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mojonitro
  • Topic is favorited by 313 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240321_180554 (resized).jpg
    68714440943__356B9A98-CA54-4C2A-A85D-8E5C24E9F1AA (resized).jpeg
    68714440123__30A6C9F0-7A87-4D13-882F-CC6C530664AA (resized).jpeg
    362393458_1478280539605169_7357000172916421133_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quench:

They're called wire-wrap sockets - an oldskool way to prototype circuits:

I gotta ask: what was that prototype for?

2 years later
    #2483 4 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

That must have taken them longer to wire up that Jones plug, then to just wait for the right connector to come in.

I'm totally the type that *can't wait* for parts to arrive, and would very seriously consider doing something this just to see if it works while I'm killing time waiting for them...

...though there's easier, more readily reversible ways of approaching it than that!

1 year later
    #3020 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

Also, look at that beefy spring. Haha

What's that on, a Hercules?!

2 years later
    #4132 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

We had ten EBD's in Detroit-area Billiard rooms including a"chain" with four locations. One of them did $450.00 to 500.00 per week. The others at least $250.00
    All on a 50-50 split.
    Lost World was pretty good at $200.00/week. Kiss started out good at $250 but quickly tanked to $125 to 150. We got our first allocation of five from Empire Distributing (who became Bally Midwest). Before we got our 2nd five, we saw the coin drop tank so we cancelled the rest of the order. We let competing operators hold that bag.
    Examples of throwing stuff out were Williams Hyperballs. Into the dumpster they went. We had to smash them with sledge hammers first. They went from bringing in $400/week to under $40 in under two months. Distributors would not sell them on credit. That was the big warning. I kept one backglass and set of boards. I eventually threw out the boards as they were useless.
    The best example though were the Mylstar M*A*C*H 3 laser disc games. We had ten of those expensive hunks of junk (one was the sit-down model). They started out bringing on $600-700 per week. A few weeks into it, they started failing. Laser disc player repairs were slow. Operators stopped making payments on them. Distributors demanded payment or they would repossess them. We said great; no need to repossess, we'll bring them back to you. You already have the broken Pioneer laser disc players so you can have the rest of the hardware.
    They said wait, just give us the Rom board and keep or shitcan the rest. They even gave us the repaired laser disc players back as Pioneer repaired them. Every service tech had a laser disc player at home. We threw the cabinets into the dumpster, one per week. All we saved were the coin doors and cashboxes. This is basically what killed Mylstar.

I could read these stories all day long! Thanks for the glimpse into the days of arcades past

3 months later
    #4239 9 months ago
    Quoted from alf_1968:

Bally - Party Zone
    Captain Bzarr solid head. Made with some putty, no jaw movement, just side to side.
    [quoted image]

This might be the winner for me, LOL! Someone really wanted their Captain back!!!

8 months later
    #4651 16 days ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Very true. This was an hour of my life, but that included dying the new DE targets. [quoted image]

Nice work! What kind of dye did you use?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.