(Topic ID: 28788)

Worst hack/repair you ever saw.

By mcclad

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0051 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0050 (resized).JPG
    fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mageek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1803 5 years ago

Thing kickout MOD

IMG_2680 (resized).JPGIMG_2680 (resized).JPG
    7 months later
    11 months later
    #2498 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aquapin:Living in Canada, Robertson is pretty much the only option we have...yes, they can strip but nearly always from an incorrect or stripped bit. They are miles ahead of flat head, but philips is great too.

I see Robertson screws all the time during my restorations since I live in Canada and it bugs the shit outta me.... Friends don't let friends use Robertson screws in their pinball machines.

11 months later
    #3000 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Forgot I had these photos . Stern HRC. Surprisingly it worked but there was a literal hole burnt through the board and there are patch wires going through it. Oh and the zip tie, no clue.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

The tie wrap must be there to hold the transistor in place since there’s a huge hole where it’s supposed to be mounted, ingenious!

1 month later
    #3033 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

I was tearing down a Party Zone I picked up recently, and came across this....
    [quoted image]
    Yep... that's a hacksaw blade.
    I still don't know why.
    -Paul

Now that’s a HACK !

2 months later
    #3176 2 years ago

Wow looks like Rodriguez really screwed up the inspection on that one

8 months later
    #3502 2 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

wow soldering on an alkaline battery is like playing with an M80 ...that dude was either stupid or lucky or both

Easy on the “stupid” it’s not a problem at all if you know how to solder

5 months later
    #3661 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Just pulled the drop target mech from my STTNG and I'm horrified. Is there a prize for greatest number of botched hacks to a single mech? Let's take a closer look.
    1. Base: Screws to attach mech to playfield replaced with much longer screws. Didn't bother using the holes in the base for one since it would involve the trouble of feeding the nut driver around some wires, so screwed down the outside corner of the base in a new angled hole instead.
    2. Microswitch: not quite sure what's going on here. Wrong switch entirely, swapped in from who-knows-where; a toaster perhaps? Looks like it's attached to the mech with some random bent/unbent scrap of metal, and by a single screw, plus it's still got a clipped wire attached to it, which may or may not be from this game.
    3. Reset plate: let's replace this with a key! Maybe it's the key to the coindoor lock that I had to drill to get into the machine.
    4. Target knockdown assembly: coil is missing entirely, and actuator arm is strangely bent, perhaps to keep the target from moving at all. Not that that could possibly happen with this mech.
    5. Target: swapped in from a Terminator 2! Maybe the whole mech was swapped in from a Terminator 2 to replace a worse mech, but again, I don't see how that's possible. Spring has been pulled out of shape. And then there's the missing plastic ledge that the face of the target rides against on its way down, not that this one ever goes down. Looks like something that may have once been a pop bumper fiber yoke has been cut down and hot glued in its place.
    6: Coil stop: One of the studs has been sheared off entirely. No problem, one stud will do, especially if we install the coil stop loosely and at an angle.
    Fortunately the fix for this mess will be quite easy, just buy en entirely new one. Bright side: I now have a replacement drop target for my T2 with a relatively nice decal, should that one ever break.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Excellent , love the Key.... I think that is the switch from my washing machine lid interlock ... Big question , was the Tie Back mod done on it ....

1 month later
    #3845 1 year ago

Perhaps it’s a cheat to keep people from racking up too many points with the spinner

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mageek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw?tu=Mageek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.