(Topic ID: 28788)

Worst hack/repair you ever saw.

By mcclad

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0051 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0050 (resized).JPG
    fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 11 years ago

When I bought my White Water, it was showing the F114-F115 error and the previous owner said it would instantly blow a new fuse. So first thing I looked at was the rectifiers.

http://www.siegecraft.us/the_siege_blog/blog/assets_c/2011/05/100_1937-386.html

The left side piece was the problem. Wouldn't have been too bad of a repair actually, using a lug style instead of a lead style..... except they put it in 90 degrees off, and thus was causing a loop short.

-Hans

1 year later
    #257 9 years ago
    Quoted from pindel:

Black knight upper playfield. Wow! that ball isn't going to bounce in. Great idea

IMG_0473.JPG 276 KB

The sad thing is, two of those nails are factory originals.

2 weeks later
    #299 9 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Had a game with the door bell mod also.

20140612_113551.jpg 256 KB

Yeah, but yours has TWO of them.

It's a mod so nice,they had to do it twice!

-Hans

5 months later
    #433 8 years ago

https://img-s.pinside.com/market/09/medium/09798470f9aedd210fdb43f02dd9c868e28665b3.jpg

This one came up a month or so ago, a Williams 'Rat Race'.
    Never got developed far enough for dedicated boards to be built. Apparently the ALL look like this, and this was original Williams work done during circuit development and prototyping.

Every time I look at it, I see more jumper wires that I hadn't noticed before.

-Hans

3 years later
    #1715 5 years ago

Not a worst, but found this in my Big Hurt today when I brought it home. Bypassed the factory 5vdc power supply with an arcade switcher that never shuts off, as long as the game is plugged in. Just set the game up about an hour ago, so haven't traced where the OTHER extra AC power cord goes yet.

IMGP5977 (resized).JPGIMGP5977 (resized).JPG

IMGP5976 (resized).JPGIMGP5976 (resized).JPG

#1717 5 years ago

ahhhh. That’s it actually. No acceptor mounted but that other ac wire does run all the way around to power one.

5 months later
    #1878 5 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Fuses are for wimps, totally overrated.

I see what you did there.

10 months later
    #2144 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Besides that, does anyone know if this flipper base will work?
    https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-right-staked-flipper-base-sub-assembly.html
    The parts manual (planetary pinball) only gives the part number of the complete assembly, not of the individual parts.

Which game is it for? Is that a WPC era machine?

#2147 4 years ago

So would this be another case that the WPC style mechanism would be an improvement?

5 months later
    #2501 4 years ago

Just wait till you find out about all those JIS screws you thought were Phillips. There’s a reason the screws in your Japanese made stuff seem to strip so easy.

#2523 4 years ago

Having owned a Land Rover product, I agree with it all.

The Land Rover defender. Turning radius of the titanic, and just as water-tight.

1 year later
    1 year later
    #3596 1 year ago

That busted switch mount on the ramp on WH20 is really common. The ball catches air going around the turnaround and hits the switch instead of passing below it. You'll know this is happening if a good shot up that ramp either gets returned back to you, or slows down considerably.

There's a deflector above the turnaround section on the ramp, which you can just barely see part of it in the top of that pictures. The common fix is to take the spacer off the rightmost screw, which directs the ball back down into the ramp a lot better, and prevents the impact into the switch mount.

-Hans

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.