(Topic ID: 28788)

Worst hack/repair you ever saw.

By mcclad

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0051 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0050 (resized).JPG
    fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Big70.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#391 9 years ago

Bought a Star War Trilogy from a rather large church that had it for their youth program. I was told it didn't work and they weren't sure if it had ever worked. All of the balls were under the playfield stuck in the under ramp and VUK. Someone's solution to a non working VUK, caused by a simple wire broken off 1 lug of the VUK coil......cut a wood block exactly the size of the Big Hole and caulk it in place. Let's not forget to do the same behind the drop targets.

IMG_3424.JPGIMG_3424.JPG IMG_3427.JPGIMG_3427.JPG IMG_3423.JPGIMG_3423.JPG
    #394 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

DODONNA
    The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two inches wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the death-plug.
    A murmur of disbelief runs through the room.
    DODONNA
    Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.
    Luke is sitting next to Wedge Antilles, a hotshot operator about sixteen years old.
    WEDGE
    That's impossible, even for a computer.
    LUKE
    It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye coin ejects in the sixties back home. They're not much bigger than two inches.
    You have your mission.... get to it!
    (How'd it turn out? )
    faz

Love it. It turned out really good. I've since sold it, but enjoyed the game. I think I've got a better pic of it lit up somewhere on the iPad, but here's a few of it while tearing down. Still needs some residue on playfield taken off in the pics, but it all came off with no art pulled up. Did have the sand smooth the inner edges of the big hole. Cleaned up & played great though.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-561.jpgimage-561.jpg image-547.jpgimage-547.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Big70.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw?tu=Big70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.