(Topic ID: 164825)

Worst excuse for negotiating a price downward

By Mr68

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jerry_(resized).jpg
    I_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

... How much would you pay to ship your favorite pin across the country? ...

$0 - I've been doing this for a long time and I have never bought or sold with shipping. Cash and carry. See it and accept it I don't want to hear shit afterwards. Just like I buy. We made a deal and if it looks like what was expected there should be nothing afterwards except "Thank you, what a great transaction".

If you are in the hobby for the long haul it will come up eventually.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm reminded of a guy who came to my house holding a Price Guide like it was the bible.

I should do that. The other day I bumped into my 2001 version of Larry Bieza price guide. Medieval Madness was not even in that guide yet since it was so new on route none were being sold yet. Probably has Fathom listed for a couple of hundred.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

"This is all i have left of my home equity loan".

Anyone remember the old days when you posted a machine on Mr. Pinball a guy would conntact you trying to trade Mattresses towards your pin?

#151 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Rollin' down Newtown with a shot gun...

Not a joke. I live in the town next door. After the Sandy Hook tragedy permit requests more than doubled. People are not taking their own protection lightly. The state passed some of the strictest laws in the US. But law abiding citizens still have rights. I had passed on the original comment since I don't want a debate that is not allowed. I did think it was a little overboard and hoped it would just pass. There are two sides that will never convince the other and it is not a funny topic.

I think it best if is just continues to pass and I will bet continuing after this will get a moderator post asking to skip it. No one wants this at a pinball transaction.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ha HA! I'm narrowing it down. I WILL find you!!!

I hope you are not smart enough to look 2 lines below my name.

#158 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Lol. You must be smart enough not to have it displayed

Now that I know he's looking, to "friends", not . . .

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know how to find Taxman. Just go to The Sanctum and look for the guy who looks like he belongs at a luau.

Hey now, I resemble that remark.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-excuse-for-negotiating-a-price-downward?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.