3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JAHpinWizard
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jerry_(resized).jpg
    I_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpeg

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Rollin' down Newtown with a shot gun...

Not a joke. I live in the town next door. After the Sandy Hook tragedy permit requests more than doubled. People are not taking their own protection lightly. The state passed some of the strictest laws in the US. But law abiding citizens still have rights. I had passed on the original comment since I don't want a debate that is not allowed. I did think it was a little overboard and hoped it would just pass. There are two sides that will never convince the other and it is not a funny topic.

I think it best if is just continues to pass and I will bet continuing after this will get a moderator post asking to skip it. No one wants this at a pinball transaction.

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Not a joke. I live in the town next door.

Ha HA! I'm narrowing it down. I WILL find you!!!

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ha HA! I'm narrowing it down. I WILL find you!!!

I hope you are not smart enough to look 2 lines below my name.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

4y 37k 3,293

I am SO friggin' smart!!!

#155 3 years ago

Potential buyer through email: "em pinball machines aren't worth much, so I usually give them away after I fix them"

I should have asked if I could have it when he was done

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Lol. You must be smart enough not to have it displayed

#157 3 years ago

Well after reading some of the Hey Stern topic a bit i definately have all the excuses I need to pick one up at an awesome price.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Lol. You must be smart enough not to have it displayed

Now that I know he's looking, to "friends", not . . .

#159 3 years ago

I know how to find Taxman. Just go to The Sanctum and look for the guy who looks like he belongs at a luau.

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know how to find Taxman. Just go to The Sanctum and look for the guy who looks like he belongs at a luau.

Hey now, I resemble that remark.

#161 3 years ago

There is some funny stuff here, I'm not sure which are true stories or just funny. I've had some good ones, but mostly written as initial offers. I've not had someone pull a lame excuse once reaching my house.

I recently agreed to buy a game over long distance. The price was given in terms that it may be negotiable. I thought it was a fair price. So, after asking some questions, I began with "I think your price is fair and I'm willing to pay it". I know it's rare, but it sure made the rest of the conversation easy and pleasant. I'm not patting myself on the back, but pointing out good market pricing helps a lot in quick sale negotiations.

I sold a game about a year ago and I had it priced fair and was willing to keep it until it sold at that price. When the buyer made lower offers in person, I declined. As his offers got closer and closer to my price, I realized that he needed me to negotiate a little for the sake of negotiation. I suppose to show some flexibility. So I came off what amounted to a small fraction of the price. It made the difference and we were both happy with the transaction.

#162 3 years ago

Not so much negotiating a price downwards but kinda relevant. A non-pinhead friend came over and was looking at my LOTR. 'So like if I wanted to get one of these, what's it cost?' 'This game specifically?' 'Yeah, so what, like £500? I can't imagine a 13 year old game goes for much." "Try adding an 0 to that figure and you're then about right." "FIVE THOUSAND? WHY? It's 13 years old, don't they depreciate like cars???" "Yeah but if you're comparing them to cars you're basically looking at a Ferrari with like 10k miles on it right now, which is why it's still that price."

This is a HUO LOTR, decked out in Comet LEDs, LED OCD board, Color DMD, Lasserrific topper and a number of other mods and very low plays (under 500 I believe).

I don't think he wanted to buy one after that

#163 3 years ago

This is one I just got the other day and have actually heard it a few times now. So there is a guy in my area selling (usually an A list game) for some really smoking price. But the game is not on CL or any of the usual sites. Then they say is that a good deal? I tell them sure, as they are using this to trying to work my price down. Then I say if you are not going to by that game at X why don't you pass on the number to me, I maybe interested in it. Still waiting on that number for those unbelievable deals... And nether bought my game when they tried that tactic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 334.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside