(Topic ID: 270061)

Worst day ever at Pinball Hall of Fame

By timarnold

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

intro-1519073638 (2) (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    iudiojuhg6589445 (resized).PNG
    445A94CC-7559-4A84-9A5B-449F160FB9A9 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

PHOF in Las Vegas has been REOPENED for 4 days now. Friday was $387. Saturday was almost busy with $810. Sunday was $523. MONDAY was the worst one day total since we opened, $171. We dipped under 200 once the first week we opened in 2006.

Trying hard not to panic. The main factor at work here is the lingering effects of the MEXICAN BEER VIRUS. Many of our older customers remain hunkered in the bunker. Also the road out front has been reduced to 2 lanes with limited left turns Eastbound which slows traffic. This will continue for several more weeks and was not a surprise. Another BIG factor was protests in the streets resulting in a gas station in the 900 block of Tropicana being looted and burned.

All our personnel are safe and warm (110 on Saturday). We are doing the same thing we were doing during the TOTAL SHUTDOWN, fine tuning the games on the floor, while getting new machines out of storage and working them thru for the opening on the Strip. Having big fun playing with our new RODENT CONTROL OFFICER, Porange Cat.

Spent a part of the afternoon yesterday on the building site. Grading is underway. By the end of the week they should be placing forms to pour the foundation. The last of the iron fencing that was installed in the 70's was ripped down by a backhoe.

#2 3 years ago

Thanks for having a great site. Will turn around to the positive I’m sure.

#3 3 years ago

Did not know you were on Pinside, Tim! Just commenting to show support. Stay safe and I hope to visit the new location one day.

#4 3 years ago

Hold tight Tim. No one is traveling yet. I think come 4th July things might start to get better.
    Looking forward to the New Museum.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

PHOF in Las Vegas has been REOPENED for 4 days now. Friday was $387. Saturday was almost busy with $810. Sunday was $523. MONDAY was the worst one day total since we opened, $171. We dipped under 200 once the first week we opened in 2006.
    Trying hard not to panic.

Is there something we can do to help?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

The last of the iron fencing that was installed in the 70's was ripped down by a backhoe.

Good news! Good progress! Love it when a plan comes together!

#7 3 years ago

I know of several people including myself and their families that will be visiting this summer. Things are just starting to get back to normal, hang in. Hopefully you applied for and received the PPP SBA funds.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Is there something we can do to help?

Maybe a way to buy Giftcards that are good for a longer timeframe than normal?

I have a relative who is local to you guys who has a service that allows people to buy drinks, food and tabs for others over social media...perhaps you could look into a similar thing to allow people from OOS to buy their Vegas Friends some Pinball?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe a way to buy Giftcards that are good for a longer timeframe than normal?
    I have a relative who is local to you guys who has a service that allows people to buy drinks, food and tabs for others over social media...perhaps you could look into a similar thing to allow people from OOS to buy their Vegas Friends some Pinball?

Along with gift cards, other merchandise like T-shirts, etc.

1 month later
    #10 3 years ago

Hope things are doing better now, Tim!
    Making plans, gettin’ pretty stir crazy so might be going out to Vegas in a few months.. who knows!

1 month later
    #12 3 years ago

Best of luck in this difficult time!

I read somewhere you were selling memberships / t-shirts to raise money for the new construction. I would be sure to join if there was a link.

#13 3 years ago

From http://www.pinballmuseum.org/support.php:

If you wish to support the Pinball Hall of Fame via Paypal, donations of any amount are always welcome using Tim Arnold's paypal email address at [email protected]

I've always been a fan of the PHoF and visit every time I'm in the area and always had a great time!

#14 3 years ago

I have a question after watching the "walkthrough" video. Doesn't that build need fire exits other than in the front of the building? It looked like all the side and rear walls are solid walls - I would think fire code would require exits along the side of the building & in the rear of the building. Maybe they will be cut in later or something but I can't see how a building with just exits on one end would ever pass fire code?

No doors or windows anywhere but the front is great for security and I love that part of the design but I worry about safety in the event of a fire or something similar. Especially since it is right at the edge of an airport.

#15 3 years ago

Great article.

"We knew we’d like him when he told us, “We can do an interview, but there are two requirements. You must never refer to a ‘cacophony of sound’ or a ‘melange of color.'” Done and done."

Good ole Tim!

#16 3 years ago

There are exit doors in ALL 4 corners. Human size doors are hard to see in such a large wall. There are also 4 garage door size openings, one in each corner.
    While the Dewey Drive Extension is a legal road owned and maintained by the county, we so not have access to it because of a 3 foot strip of private land between our North property line and the edge of the road. While fire trucks are able to get to the rear of the property with ease, the fire department can not recognize this fact. We had to make an expensive change to the materials used in construction. NO FLAMMABLE ANYTHING can be installed. Walls are concrete, roof is steel. These were factored in during planning and included in the price that was locked in before we broke ground.
    If you look up to the top of the walls, you can see metal plates rimming the interior. This is where the roof is going to be. On the strip, they do not allow air conditioning units to protrude above the parapet walls. We have plans to install a ZOMBIE BIRDHOUSE on this huge hidden space. Flocks of evil pigeons will be sent to the Harley Davidson dealership next door to shit storm expensive bikes.

#17 3 years ago

The owner wouldn't sell 3 foot strip of land? Crazy

#18 3 years ago

Where does one get a Zombie Birdhouse? I could really use a couple of those. Plastic owls, plastic spikes and Mylar tape from Menards are working so far but...

#19 3 years ago

Tim, the effects of this CV are hammering so many people. We will do all we can to get in there an play pinball whenever we hit LV. Things are just tough right now, and it SUCKS! I hope you can persist through this mess and get the new place built. I see big things ahead when that gets opened up. The location is simply PRIME, you will have visibility for all the tourists stopping at the sign and I think business will boom. We went to your place twice last year and we had a blast, and looking around, I think all the people in there were having a great time. We had a complete non-pinball type of person with us and she went nuts playing machines all over the place, and really like LOTR and played that over and over. I played a TON of pinball and particularly enjoyed the Firepower with the drop targets.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

We have plans to install a ZOMBIE BIRDHOUSE on this huge hidden space. Flocks of evil pigeons will be sent to the Harley Davidson dealership next door to shit storm expensive bikes.

F*cking LOVE this!!

HAHAHAHAHA

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

There are exit doors in ALL 4 corners. Human size doors are hard to see in such a large wall. There are also 4 garage door size openings, one in each corner.
    While the Dewey Drive Extension is a legal road owned and maintained by the county, we so not have access to it because of a 3 foot strip of private land between our North property line and the edge of the road. While fire trucks are able to get to the rear of the property with ease, the fire department can not recognize this fact. We had to make an expensive change to the materials used in construction. NO FLAMMABLE ANYTHING can be installed. Walls are concrete, roof is steel. These were factored in during planning and included in the price that was locked in before we broke ground.
    If you look up to the top of the walls, you can see metal plates rimming the interior. This is where the roof is going to be. On the strip, they do not allow air conditioning units to protrude above the parapet walls. We have plans to install a ZOMBIE BIRDHOUSE on this huge hidden space. Flocks of evil pigeons will be sent to the Harley Davidson dealership next door to shit storm expensive bikes.

Tim,

I figured I was likely missing something in the pictures because I didn't think you would ever get a building approved without fire exits. Looks like great progress is being made. Hopefully things will pick up some at the old place for you. Nothing like adding a little stress in the middle of a lot of stress.

Best of luck with everything!
    Skip

#22 3 years ago

This caption made me chuckle.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #23 3 years ago

I see the exits now!

445A94CC-7559-4A84-9A5B-449F160FB9A9 (resized).jpeg445A94CC-7559-4A84-9A5B-449F160FB9A9 (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #24 3 years ago

Are they still going to open the new PHOF

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Are they still going to open the new PHOF

Yes.

I drove to LV last week. The current location was buzzing on Friday and the food truck in front (Slidin' Thru) was doing decent business for the group inside. I didn't bother going by the new site as I avoid the strip as much as possible.

The current location has to be vacated pretty soon.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

drove to LV last week. The current location was buzzing on Friday and the food truck in front was doing decent business for the group inside.

Are they open for general business, or just doing monitored group events?

#27 3 years ago

The new site is on the south end of LV Blvd (the strip), so its an easy drive from the current location down to there. Should be easy to cruise by and take a look, its the lot next to (north side) of the Harley Davidson place. Is there anything there other than an empty lot? Any concrete walls going up yet?

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

The new site is on the south end of LV Blvd (the strip), so its an easy drive from the current location down to there. Should be easy to cruise by and take a look, its the lot next to (north side) of the Harley Davidson place. Is there anything there other than an empty lot? Any concrete walls going up yet?

Pic from mid-August, 2020

iudiojuhg6589445 (resized).PNGiudiojuhg6589445 (resized).PNG
    #29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Are they open for general business, or just doing monitored group events?

Open for business to the public. Covid hours are 11 AM to 9 PM daily.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Pic from mid-August, 2020[quoted image]

Ohh, its much further along now. I could have sworn Tim said old location will be open for 2021.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Pic from mid-August, 2020[quoted image]

Wow, cool! There is some serious action going now. Wonder how much progress has been made since then.

#32 3 years ago

Here is the outside of the building on Tropicana....A Big Neon ANimated Pinball Machine would look great on the roof!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #35 3 years ago

Pinside needs to get this on the forum banner or front page...

#38 3 years ago

Ok fools, time to step up I'm sending that grumpy old maniac $500.
    It's too great a pinball location to lose.
    Let's all kick in and save it.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

intro-1519073638 (2) (resized).jpgintro-1519073638 (2) (resized).jpg
    #39 3 years ago

I misses hitting the museum this summer when the Black Hat conference went all virtual. I I Hope it happens in person this year. Always hit the PB hoF in Vegas.

#41 3 years ago

I see Tim has some games for sale locally on Craigslist in Las Vegas, Maybe raffling them off would net more proceeds...

#42 3 years ago

I just sent a donation. I love going there when in Vegas.

#43 3 years ago

Donated! I've never been there, but I'd like to some day...

#44 3 years ago
    #45 3 years ago

Donated.

#46 3 years ago

Donated. We need more exposure on this folks!

#47 3 years ago

Just donated. Hope they can pull through.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Donated. We need more exposure on this folks!

Working on an interview with Tim on This Week in Pinball for tomorrow or Tuesday!

#49 3 years ago

Morning bump

#50 3 years ago
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-day-ever-at-pinball-hall-of-fame?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.