CAM01473 (resized).jpg
CAM01472 (resized).jpg
CAM01471 (resized).jpg
CAM01470 (resized).jpg
CAM01468 (resized).jpg
f12d01f97d13207582d6962651aee4e5 (resized).jpg
Untitledpinball (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

Greetings Just noticing my Space Odyssey holes are getting pretty worn any suggestions of how to restore and preserve

Untitledpinball (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

I can only imagine the jokes that are coming if this thread title is left as is.
But hopefully your problem will get solved along the way.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I can only imagine the jokes that are coming if this thread title is left as is.

#4 4 years ago

Has it been wearing down like that while you've owned it?

Have you changed out the ball? Waxed the playfield?

I've seen a couple of examples of folks filling the worn areas with JBweld, sanding, painting and clear coating.

#5 4 years ago

I used a thin crazy glue on one that looked worse than that, did it several layers, has held up with no problems for maybe 8 years now.

#6 4 years ago

I have used sink drain strainers if you can find the same diameter then cut the bottom and most of the sides off of maybe and make like a open cup to fit in the hole to protect it. Look in the hardware section of Walmart or Lowes. May or may not work but an idea to try.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from browbeeter:

I used a thin crazy glue on one that looked worse than that, did it several layers, has held up with no problems for maybe 8 years now.

I do the same, it works great.

#8 4 years ago

Can't see the picture, but I think that's just part of the aging process. Maybe try using it a little less or avoiding Taco Bell.

#9 4 years ago

f12d01f97d13207582d6962651aee4e5 (resized).jpg

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Can't see the picture, but I think that's just part of the aging process. Maybe try using it a little less or avoiding Taco Bell.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Maybe try using it a little less or avoiding Taco Bell.

The ball was lobbed across the plate. He swings and connects for a double.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The ball was lobbed across the plate. He swings and connects for a double.

Meat Loaf is better than Taco Bell. RIP Phil Rizzuto.

#14 4 years ago

Are we not doing phrasing anymore!!???!

Quoted from MrBally:

RIP Phil Rizzuto.

Hey, that's the guy who the Beastie Boys claimed to have more "louie" than!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I opened this thread ready to see a bunch of comments about the Predator guy being picked up!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Imagine if this had been about the A-hole in JP...

#17 4 years ago

Just checkin to see if this was a Thread authored about Beezleboob.

Leaving, but not disappointed

#18 4 years ago

Thought someone started a thread about my ex. Just checking to see if I was gonna get proper credit for the hole wear

#19 4 years ago

I had a stainless split ring on my TZ, sanded the hole and super glued it in, it covered all the wear but I don't remember where I got it.

#20 4 years ago

It may not look too bad once you touch up your paint around the hole. I cleaned a couple up on a Simpsons Play field and was able to lightly sand most of it out, then after touch up and clear, it wasn't noticeable at all. But that was clearing the whole play field. Yours may not look bad after the paint is touched up. That seems to make them appear a lot worse than what they actually are when the paint is missing around the hole. sometimes.....

You may even be able to clean it up and clear just the wood part. after sanding it may look fine. I don't have a lot of experience just, throwing out an idea. Some of the clears are pretty tough. And after sanded, buffed and waxed, my help from future wear.

And to the guy wearing out holes? Would you please slow down? I'm finding them worn out the whole way in GA! Ruining my game!

#21 4 years ago

I've used the split ring protector for saucer holes shown at the link below from Mantis Amusements. I have 3 on my WCS94, 1 on my HS2, 1 on TOTAN, and 1 on my TAF skill shot saucer (customized to fit). I usually secure them with a tiny finishing nail thru a hole I pre-drill in the split ring protector. Otherwise they tend to work themselves out of the saucer hole.

https://mantispinball.com/product/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-protector-set/

#22 4 years ago

Went with 3 coats of super glue, I think it locked in everything(just a note when working with this stuff, if your wife knows your using it don't ask if she has any nail polish remover--it causes suspicion) I think I would like to reapply black outlines,perhaps nice wide ones, any suggestions?? I don't think i can do it freehand with out making a mess of it

CAM01468 (resized).jpg

CAM01470 (resized).jpg

CAM01471 (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago

Is this one of those "that's what she said" threads?

I'll show myself out.

#24 4 years ago

Tried to use an outline stencil ya that didn't work bead under it and made a mess, so went freestyle 3 coats. might give it a coat of clear? Not getting wood chips/loss so i'm calling it fixed for about .35 cents I may go over my other pins just to keep from happening to them thanks for super glue tip ya it is great for gluing fingers together kool decals ?

CAM01472 (resized).jpg

CAM01473 (resized).jpg

CAM01474 (resized).jpg

CAM01475 (resized).jpg

CAM01476 (resized).jpg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside