(Topic ID: 131937)

World's Largest Online Pinball Party! Everyone invited!

By blondetall

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6989.jpg
image.jpg
20150704_213121.jpg
20150704_194403.jpg
IMG_20150704_214045308.jpg
IMG_20150704_214103936.jpg
IMG952015070495212842688.jpg
IMG_20150704_213604683.jpg
image.jpg
20150704_200138.jpg
20150704_200054.jpg
1436057996035242238604.jpg
me_at_papa14.jpg
20150203_193142.jpg
455.jpeg
303074.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

I'll play, I could definitely use a laugh around here.

Here is my wife and I at Disney last year.

wolfmarsh.jpgwolfmarsh.jpg

#78 8 years ago

I figured I would share what I'm doing this evening on Spaceballs.

I'm trying to work out the mech for the crazy multiball I want to do, tied into the evacuation of Spaceball one. I really want to go over the top with the number of balls, so I needed a way to store and transport ~25 balls.

I went browsing for how something like an automated paintball loader worked, and came away the a dual auger driven track design.

The goal is to be fed from the main playfield drain, and have a long enough auger system and track to store the balls and bring them to the spot on the playfield where they get released. I also needed to be able to print it into sections that can be joined together, because of the size limitations of my printer. The repeatable sections of track will also eventually have switches mounted in them spaced appropriately with the auger to sense pinballs driven over them.

Here are some pictures of how the prototyping has stepped through several versions already.

The first test I did to check the sizing on my auger and track housingThe first test I did to check the sizing on my auger and track housing

The second working test was to check the loading slot and the gear drive for the augers.  This is the loader section and an end section.The second working test was to check the loading slot and the gear drive for the augers. This is the loader section and an end section.

A better look at the gear drive, these actually mesh really wellA better look at the gear drive, these actually mesh really well

A better look at the endcap.  There actually doesnt need to be a peg in the end of the newer design.A better look at the endcap. There actually doesnt need to be a peg in the end of the newer design.

The endcap and loader sections snapped together, it worked greatThe endcap and loader sections snapped together, it worked great

This is the next size test, with a better auger design and a slightly better track housingThis is the next size test, with a better auger design and a slightly better track housing

The first parts for the new test are just coming off the printer.  This test incorporates the stepper motor mount, so it adds the third gear to the parts.The first parts for the new test are just coming off the printer. This test incorporates the stepper motor mount, so it adds the third gear to the parts.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only man who played Apollo 13 and thought "is that all?"

They won't all come rushing at you at once, that would be ludicrous speed. I was thinking a ball a second or something as long as the mode is going on.

That may change drastically when I actually try to do it, but half the fun is experimenting with weird ideas.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Is that kind of like the auger system in a Hyperball?

I've never seen how the hyperball one works, but it definitely played a role in the idea. Another Pinsider, Kneissl, came up with the suggestion based on how he thought it worked in hyperball.

When I was googling patents for paintball loaders I based mine off this one I found.

paintball_loader.pngpaintball_loader.png

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Freight truck delivered 850 lbs of fireworks for my party Saturday. I'll update once I have them set up in racks. I'm an novice so hopefully all goes well. Also a great opportunity for guests to experience pinball for the first time. Can't go wrong with that.

image.jpg

I admire your dedication to it. Holy cow.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Here is how i go on pinball road trips.
Picking up 2 or maybe 3 games today
image.jpg

What games are you getting?

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ha, I can't blame you. I've had games sniped from me by posting I was getting them in forums.

That's a good point, I hadn't considered that when I asked.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fully loaded! A wizard, a little person, and an ultra big girl.

image.jpg

Congrats!!!

#172 8 years ago

My 4th weekend has officially begun. Time to set some high scores so my dad will have something to aim for when he arrives tomorrow.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Freight truck delivered 850 lbs of fireworks for my party Saturday. I'll update once I have them set up in racks. I'm an novice so hopefully all goes well. Also a great opportunity for guests to experience pinball for the first time. Can't go wrong with that.

image.jpg

Our fireworks are not even one of the boxes you bought, but I'm looking forward to it!

11659343_10154116008083569_5176001409310436363_n.jpg11659343_10154116008083569_5176001409310436363_n.jpg

#243 8 years ago

My cousin and his family were here for our 4th cookout today and none of them had ever played a pinball machine before.

I left my cousin alone for a bit to play. He comes running to find me, he had set a high score on Striker Extreme and didn't even know how to enter his initials.

The scores are pretty tough on that machine right now too. BadBrick has set some high ones that I hadn't been able to hit yet. Amazing.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is America, if you don't like west sixth beer, you might as well get the hell out.
image.jpg

Love the shorts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worlds-largest-online-pinball-party-everyone-invited?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.