5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Hogey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

This guy just came across my YouTube feed. The name of the video is pretty straight forward......and he might be right. I’ve never came across this guy before but his game room is more like a warehouse divided into sections. The pinball bit is close to the end but this collection is massive and worth the video.

#3 5 months ago

WOW!!!

#4 5 months ago

holy sheeeeeiteeeee... what a collection. I can only imagine what that stuff is worth!!

#5 5 months ago

Holy hell. Imagine asking someone over for the first time to “run downstairs and pick a video game”. 6 hours later....

#6 5 months ago

So some of that is impressive.. I've never heard of that japanese computer.. Dig the c-64 amiga stuff and the DX-7 keyboard (first yamaha midi chip). But good lord man, when does he have time to even play all of that?

#7 5 months ago

At 9:28 he says he likes to finish a game before he buys a new one!!!

im assuming he spends 16+ hours a day gaming?

#8 5 months ago

What's even more impressive is, being Australian, he probably paid almost double to import most of this stuff.

#9 5 months ago

Been watching his vids for a while, pretty impressive ins't it. Lots of people like to shoot him down, simply out of jealousy I imagine, but at the end of the day he has worked pretty bloody hard for a long time! Almost too hard....he had a heart attack recently. Good on him I say

#10 5 months ago

That man has an addiction. That is an amazing collection. omg.

#11 5 months ago

WOW!!

#12 5 months ago

Joel is a good guy and passionate about arcades and consoles. He has been collecting for a long time and has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the history of both.

This is his new place which has been a work in progress for a few years now and I'm glad to see it is complete and he can take a well earned break for a while.

Melbourne can truly lay claim to being both the pinball and arcade capital of the Southern Hemisphere.

Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Lots of people like to shoot him down, simply out of jealousy I imagine, but at the end of the day he has worked pretty bloody hard for a long time! Almost too hard....he had a heart attack recently. Good on him I say

He mostly avoid the politics of the local scene and just does his own thing so that tends to attract the inevitable gossip/badmouthing that goes with it.

#13 5 months ago

Impressive. Puts most of our OCD to shame....

#14 5 months ago

Forget all the home systems and games, I’d be happy with just an arcade like that one.

#15 5 months ago

He is a walking encyclopedia for gaming-I am amazed! I really like how tasteful everything is, man if I win the lottery I may have to hire him as a consultant to build a dream arcade. It does make me feel a little better about my addiction and ocd, gaming addiction is real and most of us have been bitten by that bug.

#16 5 months ago

Wow, that is bonkers. I wouldn't even know where to start!

#17 5 months ago

Most impressive.

It would be nice to have that kind of money and space. Oh well, I’ll just stick to my Mame and one Pinny.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wow, that is bonkers. I wouldn't even know where to start!

rum-z I’d say 23 pinballs is a good start!

#19 5 months ago

rum-z I’d say 23 pinballs is a good start!</blockquote

Hahahaha, yeah actually.. I guess I do know where I'd start.

#20 5 months ago

All the toys in the world don't mean much if you do not have your health. Great collection. Hope he is doing better from his heart attack. All the best. Keep collecting.

#21 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Most impressive.
    It would be nice to have that kind of money and space. Oh well, I’ll just stick to my Mame and one Pinny.

Don't forget, envy is the thief of Joy! I have a small collection as well but I'm super grateful for what I have. Also, I find that with a budget I have to hunt harder for my pins, arcades, and vintage video games. The hunt is like half the fun right!

#22 5 months ago

amazing, his console room looks like blockbuster.

wonder what joel does for a living lol sweet collection

pretty sick

#23 5 months ago

I hope he has one hell of a security system.

That's insane!

#24 5 months ago

I don't see where you could possibly have time to play and enjoy thousands and thousands of console/pc games. Add in working on arcades and pinballs and wow. Very cool collection, though. I would have to say I would love to do something similar and collect a lot of cool games if I had more time and money.

#25 5 months ago

THAT'S pretty impressive! Just a little overkill on the console and PC games. Can't even imagine what the electric bill looks like every month??? Obviously he can afford it, but DAM it's got to be high

#26 5 months ago

Impressive.....

#27 5 months ago

Thats mental. Brilliant. But mental.

I have a mere handfull of retro game stuff and often think about clearing it out as it basically gathers dust

#29 5 months ago

insane

#30 5 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

When I get customers who's wife gives them a problem shit like this comes in handy to share...

'Take this video and tell her 'SEE I'm not anywhere near as bad as this guy''... BOOM

#31 5 months ago

Cool! Some blasts from the past.

#32 5 months ago
    Quoted from Ive:

I have a mere handfull of retro game stuff and often think about clearing it out as it basically gathers dust

Ditto...I've been purging most of my retro games. When it became more about collecting then actually playing games, I decided enough was enough. I totally understand the impulse though. It's cool to have friends over and when they mention a game, you can go pull it out for them to play it again. I used to own 1000s of games, but narrowed my collection down to my top-50.

#33 5 months ago

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 87.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside