Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyThom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hitler_pinball.jpg
    12oclock.jpg
    ratpatrolsmall.jpg
    IMAG0943.jpg
    IMAG0941.jpg
    image.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0091370261037.jpg
    army_men.jpg
    Hitler_baby.jpg
    eagle_of_the_third_reich_wallpaper_by_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

It's hard to believe it's been almost seventy years since WW2 ended. That's ancient history to kids. A war themed pin based on a video game like Halo or something like that might work. I'm guessing WW2 is just too far removed from the present day to bring in the younger set.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Here would be a great backglass

No, some things are better left buried.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I do think you are right though; there is a lot they really would need leave out.

Very true. Eisenhowers starving of over a million disarmed German troops after the surrender. He was ashamed of his German heritage and took a horrible revenge. The Russians raping of over two million German women after the defeat. History is written by the winners. They leave out what they don't want people to know. Not all Germans were Nazis. My parents were civilian Germans who managed to escape after the war. No one would even believe the truths that are mostly forgotten now.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I should of said, war is worse than hell.
    There are no innocent bystanders in hell.
    LTG

That is true. My parents were lucky to survive.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a political discussion about war............

Nope, WW2 just brings up some very tough memories for a lot of people. A WW2 themed pin could work but there are a lot of land mines to dodge.

The Hogans Heros idea made me chuckle. Pure comedy, that would work for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-war-two-themed-pinball?tu=pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.