(Topic ID: 273256)

World Cup 78 clean, LED, Rubber, BG repair.

By Ceckitti

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ceckitti
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0250 (resized).JPG
DSC_0249 (resized).JPG
DSC_0248 (resized).JPG
DSC_0247 (resized).JPG
DSC_0238 (resized).JPG
DSC_0237 (resized).JPG
DSC_0236 (resized).JPG
DSC_0234 (resized).JPG
DSC_0232 (resized).JPG
DSC_0231 (resized).JPG
DSC_0229 (resized).JPG
DSC_0192 (resized).JPG
DSC_0188 (resized).JPG
DSC_0184 (resized).JPG
DSC_0183 (resized).JPG
DSC_0180 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceckitti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Thought id share my progress with my Williams World Cup game. Yeah i know... its not on the top of anyone's list, but I like it and wanted to give it a new lease on life.

Biggest change was tossing out those hideous orange posts and red lane guides, and replace them with green posts and guides. Also went with yellow rings from Titan. Made the playfield pop.

DSC_0101 (resized).JPGDSC_0101 (resized).JPGDSC_0215 (resized).JPGDSC_0215 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

Gave my first attempt at backglass "repair & restore". Didnt do a great job... but i think it came out pretty decent.

Used some basic acrylics and mixed to get the colors to match as best as I could. Some were still a little off.
And then after I finished with the repairs I gave it a few very light coats of flat white. I figured this would help difuse the light and hide some of the touchups. It helped a little.

Hey I figured it could get any worse than it was when I started LOL

DSC_0151 (resized).JPGDSC_0151 (resized).JPGDSC_0157 (resized).JPGDSC_0157 (resized).JPGDSC_0169 (resized).JPGDSC_0169 (resized).JPGDSC_0170 (resized).JPGDSC_0170 (resized).JPGPhoto Jul 15, 4 20 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 20 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 26 17 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 26 17 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 26 04 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 26 04 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 52 42 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 15, 4 52 42 PM (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago

The before and after looks are night and day. I think the Green and Yellow totally goes better with the art package than the orange and white.

And with a freshly waxed PF... this game is even harder to get to that million point mark!

DSC_0101 (resized).JPGDSC_0101 (resized).JPGDSC_0220 (resized).JPGDSC_0220 (resized).JPGDSC_0212 (resized).JPGDSC_0212 (resized).JPGDSC_0213 (resized).JPGDSC_0213 (resized).JPG
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Are those Bally flippers on it?
My biggest objection to this game is the slot kicker thing - I don't like it on space mission either, where at least there was some luck involved in them hitting the center oscillating target. What does it shoot here?
If I had one I'd put a rail over them to see how it played vs. stock.
Nice job on the BG touchup. About 15 years ago at Allentown there was a flea market vendor who had 12-16 of these games all arrayed in his spot he was asking $100-$500 for them depending on condition. Really odd that he didn't have any other games!

Are those Bally flippers on it?

*i believe so. They came with the game, and I actually forgot to add the flipper rubbers to my titan order DOH!! So I left them as is until I get the right color.

My biggest objection to this game is the slot kicker thing - What does it shoot here?

* If adjusted right they kick into or close to the side saucers and score points or a goal. I didn’t think I’d like the kickers at first, but it does add a nice challenge to the game. They def prevent you from trapping the ball.

Nice job on the BG touchup.

*thanks! It was my first attempt. I for sure learned from a few mistakes. But it does look a lot better than it did. Especially with the lights in the room on. In a dark room the touch ups stand out a little.

#6 3 years ago

Added a LED strip under the apron to light up the flippers some more.

DSC_0249 (resized).JPGDSC_0249 (resized).JPGDSC_0250 (resized).JPGDSC_0250 (resized).JPGDSC_0251 (resized).JPGDSC_0251 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from friend2cptsolo:

I own a World Cup and covered the slots with a bar, self bent. It's the worst feature of this game.
It now plays a lot closer to "normal" machines.

Don’t think I would do that to mine. I actually like the feature. Adds a degree of difficulty to the game ‍♂️.

But to each machine his own.

8 months later
#9 3 years ago

So I was able to find a nice replacement for my apron. The one that was in machine had the Williams logo area painted over with some serious black paint. It wasn't coming off.
The replacement looks great.

I had the old one laying around and decided to try something. Since I changed some of the colors in the playfield layout with Yellow titans and green targets and lane guides, I thought maybe a Yellow apron would enhance it more.

So I took the old apron and sanded it down, painted it the closest yellow I could find, and added some Planetary Pinball decals.

After several coats and some more sanding in between coats.... the apron came out looking really sharp!

As far as how it looks in the game.... Ill let you all be the judge.

Sometimes I like it.... sometimes I like the old green one.

If I decide to keep the yellow.... I will probably paint the metal pieces in the upper left and right of the playfield to match it as well.

DSC_0179 (resized).JPGDSC_0179 (resized).JPGDSC_0180 (resized).JPGDSC_0180 (resized).JPGDSC_0183 (resized).JPGDSC_0183 (resized).JPGDSC_0184 (resized).JPGDSC_0184 (resized).JPGDSC_0188 (resized).JPGDSC_0188 (resized).JPGDSC_0192 (resized).JPGDSC_0192 (resized).JPGDSC_0229 (resized).JPGDSC_0229 (resized).JPGDSC_0231 (resized).JPGDSC_0231 (resized).JPGDSC_0232 (resized).JPGDSC_0232 (resized).JPGDSC_0234 (resized).JPGDSC_0234 (resized).JPGDSC_0236 (resized).JPGDSC_0236 (resized).JPGDSC_0237 (resized).JPGDSC_0237 (resized).JPGDSC_0238 (resized).JPGDSC_0238 (resized).JPGDSC_0247 (resized).JPGDSC_0247 (resized).JPGDSC_0248 (resized).JPGDSC_0248 (resized).JPGDSC_0249 (resized).JPGDSC_0249 (resized).JPGDSC_0250 (resized).JPGDSC_0250 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceckitti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-up-78-clean-led-rubber-bg-repair-?tu=Ceckitti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.